Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9447 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2020, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #7291
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
I reckon this one belongs! Dental Eye III at full flash!

And resting:
Is that used for tooth bleaching?

Steve

12-03-2020, 04:50 PM - 2 Likes   #7292
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Is that used for tooth bleaching?
It'll definitely blind you... I cannot believe these were actually used to shoot molars... I remember when I purchased it, it had that "dentist" scent to it... Those who dislike going to the dentist might know what I am taking about.
12-05-2020, 02:51 PM - 7 Likes   #7293
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am not really sure where this fits on the forums, but anyhow...
It is somewhat gearp0rn...
Asahi Pentax K with a Microscope adapter I on a Asahi Optical Company ASA Microscope Type K....
It even looks like the one found in those old instruction guides for this camera.

What I know for sure, is that the microscope was owned by a gentleman from the US, whom had this as a child during the 50'ths. The scope adaptor doesn't really fit, the scopes tube is to thin, so it cannot really be used with this setup. Guess I need to search for another scope or some sort of an adaptor.

Does anyone have any info about Asahi Opt Co microscopes?
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
SM-G930F  Photo 
12-05-2020, 05:31 PM - 8 Likes   #7294
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A Pearl (2) of a camera

When I was looking for my Mine Six, I came across the Konica (Konishiroku) Pearl II in lots of searches.

It's a postwar folding "semi" camera that shoots 645.

Unlike the Mine Six, it is 645 only, no funny multi-format games, and it has a vertical viewfinder. It does have a cool depth-of-field scale on the top that moves with your focus.

I came across one in a box of other things from Idaho (which is not in Japan ). The other things are now on consignment at the camera shop. I kept the Pearl.

My copy is an earlier variant of the Pearl II, which means it has the Kodak-style flash synch that fits precisely nothing I have, flash-wise.

Otherwise, it has a Konica shutter that goes up to 1/500 s and the 75mm f4.5 Hexar (not as desirable as the f3.5).

It is tiny for a medium format anything.

-Eric

12-06-2020, 03:41 AM   #7295
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
When I was looking for my Mine Six, I came across the Konica (Konishiroku) Pearl II in lots of searches.

It's a postwar folding "semi" camera that shoots 645.

Unlike the Mine Six, it is 645 only, no funny multi-format games, and it has a vertical viewfinder. It does have a cool depth-of-field scale on the top that moves with your focus.

I came across one in a box of other things from Idaho (which is not in Japan ). The other things are now on consignment at the camera shop. I kept the Pearl.

My copy is an earlier variant of the Pearl II, which means it has the Kodak-style flash synch that fits precisely nothing I have, flash-wise.

Otherwise, it has a Konica shutter that goes up to 1/500 s and the 75mm f4.5 Hexar (not as desirable as the f3.5).

It is tiny for a medium format anything.

-Eric
Nice looking thing. Are the bellows light tight?
12-06-2020, 06:08 AM   #7296
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Nice looking thing. Are the bellows light tight?
They seem to be. I shot most of a roll of neopan that looked very good.

The lens is sharp and has nice bokeh.

The only thing wrong is the film tensioner is flat, so the neopan unwound on the take up spool, jamming the film transport.

-Eric
12-06-2020, 06:38 PM - 6 Likes   #7297
Veteran Member

1957 ap

Fresh from Mark Hama's workshop. I can't wait to get out and take her for a spin.

12-07-2020, 12:32 AM   #7298
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
Fresh from Mark Hama's workshop. I can't wait to get out and take her for a spin.
Looks great. I have only used him for my Yashicas. I have an AP I'd like to get someone to fix up once my K finally comes back.
12-07-2020, 06:58 AM   #7299
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Looks great. I have only used him for my Yashicas. I have an AP I'd like to get someone to fix up once my K finally comes back.
I tried to get Eric Hendrickson to fix it but it proved too challenging for him so he declined and returned it unrepaired. Sadly, we are getting to the point with some of these older models where they may become paperweights.
12-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #7300
Veteran Member

I tried to get Eric Hendrickson to fix it but it proved too challenging for him so he declined and returned it unrepaired. Sadly, we are getting to the point with some of these older models where they may become paperweights.
I recently had a very bad experience with him.

Try a different tech. I just had excellent work done by Zacks Camera Repair.
12-07-2020, 11:27 AM   #7301
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is good to see that Mark Hama is still working on cameras. I have a Lynx 1000 with broken aperture connection. How does one get in touch with him?

Steve
12-07-2020, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #7302
Pentaxian

Scored a MX Winder for my MX. Been looking for one I've wanted to acquire for awhile now and KEH finally had one for a reasonable cost and as typical of them in great cosmetic and working shape.

12-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #7303
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is good to see that Mark Hama is still working on cameras. I have a Lynx 1000 with broken aperture connection. How does one get in touch with him?

Steve
Welcome to Mark Hama Ltd.
A year or so ago Mark did a CLA on a Sawyers IV (127 4x4 TLR) for me, and after that a Nikon F. His work was fine, price reasonable.
12-07-2020, 01:59 PM   #7304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Scored a MX Winder for my MX. Been looking for one I've wanted to acquire for awhile now and KEH finally had one for a reasonable cost and as typical of them in great cosmetic and working shape.
The MX is great without a winder but handling is better with a winder / or motor drive. The benefit of winder is that it uses regular AA batteries, while the motor drive uses Ni-Ca batteries that for the most part are long dead and I don't think it is possible to replace those dead cell unless it becomes a DIY project.
12-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #7305
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Looks great. My MX winder has rotting foam inside which doesn't affect it working, but does mean the batteries come out covered in black goo. I rarely use it though, I find a "naked" MX fine for my hands, perhaps partly because I have used one regularly since 1993! Odd to think that even then it was an "old model".

---------- Post added 12-07-20 at 09:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Welcome to Mark Hama Ltd.
A year or so ago Mark did a CLA on a Sawyers IV (127 4x4 TLR) for me, and after that a Nikon F. His work was fine, price reasonable.
He did a CLA on my Yashica Mat 124G last year. Worked before, just needed some TLC. Works even better now, especially with all the gunk cleaned out of the focusing screen. Highly recommended (although in the Eric school of email communications!).