Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
Rats! I go 2 days without visiting PF, and Colton beats me to posting this! All right, you've done the hood-up pic; here's hood down. (Old pic; those of you also frequenting RFF have probably seen it before.) Looks like Colton and I have same vintage, same condition S2 units (not 100% perfect, but nice, with little bits of scuffing from good use). I have not had mine out to shoot since last year, which sucks. (Although I did come into an unexpected Rolleiflex in the meantime, so that mostly explains it.)

--Dave

Nice to see another Bronica S2.
I don't have the strap or lens cap

03-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Black Beauty
03-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #63
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Black Beauty
Nice. It looks in really good condition. I'm working on doing new pictures of my Spotmatic F to post. It was good physical condition and a good price when I got it but it needed a CLA so I bucked up and had it all tuned up.
03-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #64
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Heuland Pentax Hr

QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
Here's a fun one, my Heiland Pentax H3:

Notice anything strange? Have a closer look at the name on the prism housing:

:

Obviously, it was a bad day at the factory
Hi

There is one for sale on ebay that is marked that way:

Honeywell Heiland Pentax H3 Box and Case Honeywell Employee Gift | eBay

Unless this also is Yours?

03-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hi

There is one for sale on ebay that is marked that way:

Honeywell Heiland Pentax H3 Box and Case Honeywell Employee Gift | eBay

Unless this also is Yours?
Doesn't look the same to me. Heiland is spelled correctly on that ebay version.
03-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Nice. It looks in really good condition. I'm working on doing new pictures of my Spotmatic F to post. It was good physical condition and a good price when I got it but it needed a CLA so I bucked up and had it all tuned up.
I look forward to seeing them, the SP-F is one of my favorites. If only I could find a black Asahi version with SMC Tak in the condition of the above SPII, and for the same price
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #67
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Doesn't look the same to me. Heiland is spelled correctly on that ebay version.
Face palm!! (Ouch!)

I thought he was referring to the dual labeling and did not even notice the misspelled name.

Steve
03-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Now you are just showing off

How does the Kiev compare to the Contax in terms of build quality?

03-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Now you are just showing off

How does the Kiev compare to the Contax in terms of build quality?

Heh heh, caught me red handed

The Kiev 4 is from the 70s and is not as well fitted as the '57 Kiev, but is like a tractor -- it just works. The 57 feels more like the Contax, but on mine the shutter is a bit fragile. It and the Contax are really really smooth, the Contax smoother... not just the silky operation, but the way some cameras simply feel well formed and warm even in hand... the feeling is interesting as I've only had it with vintage cameras with good CLA's and in good shape. An old Rollei I fondled at a camera show, this Contax, my Autocord, the pre Spotmatic Pentaxes...
03-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #70
Site Supporter

This thread is just plain wrong. I think I have had enough, but I just keep coming back. Sick, Sick, Sick!

Note: This Vivitar 135/2.8 is a little unusual in that it has red lettering for the metric focus scale. All others (Komine made) of this vintage that I have seen have green lettering.

Steve
03-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter

Jeez. And all this time I've felt guilty about my paltry assemblage. I can't even come close to anything on this thread aside from one of those Vivitar 135's.

This is all really beautiful stuff and I enjoy seeing it down from the shelves. More!! More!!!
03-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #72

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Nice to see another Bronica S2.
I don't have the strap or lens cap
The lens cap is cool in that the center part (Bronica logo) free-rotates, but that is non-essential bells & whistles, to be fair. I have the 50/3.5 Nikkor, with its gonzo 82 mm filter size, and it did not come with lens cap. I bought a cheap screw-in black metal cap (so, same kind of thing as the original) from Heavystar on eBay, and am meaning to scan the Bronica logo from the 75's cap, print it out, and paste it on the 50's cap. Original Bronica 82 mm caps sell for obnoxious prices and I'm not such a completionist that I must have one. The strap is not original; it's one I had lying about from, I think, my Mamiya C330. Since the S2 uses those funny posts, it's mildly challenging to find a strap with those ends, but not too hard if you have an old-school photo store. A strap is a good idea since the S2, with its rounded-of corners, is pretty easily fumbled.
--Dave
03-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #73
Pentaxian

K,
03-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #74
Pentaxian

MX and ME w/ M50/1.7s
Photographed with Pentax 67, S-M-C Tak 90/2.8 LS, Fuji Acros 100
03-10-2013, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #75
Pentaxian

I sewed up my own camera case for my dslr. That sewing machine doesn't do round things well at all but it gets the job done. I have plans for a similar one for my Mamiya 7II.