Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This was inspired by Tuco's photo
Pentax 67 GAS won't leave me alone.

11-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #992
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
The winder is a little heavy, but I like the way it works. I also like that it makes the shutter release much lighter than a standard LX, making it easier to hand hold in low light, and the weight makes it even more stable.
Hmm ... maybe I should look more seriously into trying to fix my winder. It's just a matter of some faulty contacts in the battery compartment. It should be easy to fix, but the contacts are so deeply into the compartment that I can't reach them, so I'll have to disassemble the winder. The screw I guess are hidden behind the leatherette, and I'm a bit hesitant to pealing that off. I'm quite certain that I won't be able to put it back on, and if I'd be able to, it most certainly wouldn't look nice.
11-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #993
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

11-28-2013, 11:55 AM - 2 Likes   #994
Pentaxian

As promised, here are some "snaps" from my trek up to Tours for their expo/swap meet ... and Happy "Turkey Day" to all stateside PF members ... Salut, J

11-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #995
Veteran Member

I got this Canon F-1 set for 200 quid:

Good buy?
11-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #996
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
As promised, here are some "snaps" from my trek up to Tours for their expo/swap meet ... and Happy "Turkey Day" to all stateside PF members ... Salut, J
Wow!
That looks like a fun place
11-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #997
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Canon 7 + 50mm f/1.8 by Nesster, on Flickr
That look a lovely quality piece.

11-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #998
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That Canon 50 f1.8 is a nice lens. I have one, as well as a similar 50 f1.4, and prefer the 1.8. I use it on my Leica IIIf.
11-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #999
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Hmm ... maybe I should look more seriously into trying to fix my winder. It's just a matter of some faulty contacts in the battery compartment. It should be easy to fix, but the contacts are so deeply into the compartment that I can't reach them, so I'll have to disassemble the winder. The screw I guess are hidden behind the leatherette, and I'm a bit hesitant to pealing that off. I'm quite certain that I won't be able to put it back on, and if I'd be able to, it most certainly wouldn't look nice.
Cameraleather.com sells kits to fit the LX winder, much like the grey griptac kit you see on mine. They're self-adhesive peel-and-stick and are laser cut to fit, no trimming. I'm sure cameraleather.com has a black leatherette that closely matches the LX's standard leather.

And what's better, anyway? A good looking winder that doesn't work, or a naked winder that does?
11-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #1000
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Cameraleather.com sells kits to fit the LX winder, much like the grey griptac kit you see on mine. They're self-adhesive peel-and-stick and are laser cut to fit, no trimming. I'm sure cameraleather.com has a black leatherette that closely matches the LX's standard leather.
And what's better, anyway? A good looking winder that doesn't work, or a naked winder that does?
Aki Asahi also has covering kits for the LX and winder. I've used their kits for some Leica and Pentax SV, and they have been excellent quality and easy to apply.
http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/pentax-LX/index.php
11-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #1001
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Aki Asahi also has covering kits for the LX and winder. I've used their kits for some Leica and Pentax SV, and they have been excellent quality and easy to apply.
http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/pentax-LX/index.php
I've heard good stuff about the Aki Asahi kits but i've never used one. I have, however, covered a Pentax MG, two ME Supers, Two LX's, two K1000s, and a Leica M2 with Cameraleather's kits.
11-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #1002

Hello there !

I bought my second MX last week-end. A silver MX now accompanies the black one I bought a few months ago. I loved the MX the moment I tried it. That's a really wonderfull camera !
I already replaced the dead batteries (si I know now the light meter is accurate), and I'm waiting for new light seals to arrive to replace the poorly damaged ones it has for the moment.

I will try to make some photos with those 2 to post here in the week end.
11-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #1003
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This was inspired by Tuco's photo
I made a similar type shot too!

Only with a Hassy and Mamiya!
11-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #1004
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I hope shopping carts are available . . .
11-29-2013, 07:00 PM - 2 Likes   #1005
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My father gave me one of these in 1976, and I traded it in on an MX. Now that he is long gone, I have felt a little nostalgic to replace it. These were a very sold camera from 1959, the era of the Pentax H2. Anyway, here is what I just bought from Germany. Paid a fair price, but it looks in good shape.
Attached Images