Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shape indeed - nice find!

11-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #1007
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
My father gave me one of these in 1976, and I traded it in on an MX. Now that he is long gone, I have felt a little nostalgic to replace it. These were a very sold camera from 1959, the era of the Pentax H2. Anyway, here is what I just bought from Germany. Paid a fair price, but it looks in good shape.
"Congtraz" ... looks great indeed. If you need an accessory, let me know and I will look for it in April at our local Expo/swap meet in Poitiers ... already building up a "new" shopping list and the April 2014 date seems so, so far away ... J
11-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #1008
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
"Congtraz" ... looks great indeed. If you need an accessory, let me know and I will look for it in April at our local Expo/swap meet in Poitiers ... already building up a "new" shopping list and the April 2014 date seems so, so far away ... J
Thanks J, much appreciated, but this should do me for a while. I now am approaching 60 serviceable film cameras. I need help
11-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #1009
Pentaxian

Thanks J, much appreciated, but this should do me for a while. I now am approaching 60 serviceable film cameras. I need help
Send some to me

I only have around 15.

11-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #1010
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My father gave me one of these in 1976, and I traded it in on an MX. Now that he is long gone, I have felt a little nostalgic to replace it. These were a very sold camera from 1959, the era of the Pentax H2. Anyway, here is what I just bought from Germany. Paid a fair price, but it looks in good shape.
That is nice! I hope it works as well as it looks!
12-01-2013, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #1011
Veteran Member

Nice! Looks much better than the later models.

Kodak Retina IIIs, Schneider Kreuznach 50/2.8 and 135/4 (now I just need to find a 50/1.9 Retina Xenon )

12-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #1012
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
Nice! Looks much better than the later models.

Kodak Retina IIIs, Schneider Kreuznach 50/2.8 and 135/4 (now I just need to find a 50/1.9 Retina Xenon )

Beautiful!

12-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #1013
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is a lovely model, and one I don't have. My Retinas are all folders, although most of my Retinettes are solid versions like this.
12-03-2013, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #1014
Veteran Member

My multiformat gears.

I picked up ME on the local craiglist the last summer. I met buyer and tried to fire shutter and on the second run mirror got locked, so bought it as is, for parts. After taking it on parts and cleaning up mirror lifting assembly replaced light seal and mirror foam, got everything back in perfect working condition.
Diacord also have some mechanical/optical problems. The shutter delay assembly did not work - have to remove and clean it. Tessar has some fungus on periphery of third group. But finally i got everything in order and i like results.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
12-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #1015
Pentaxian

Happy camper ... I fixed it all by myself ... the shutter was triggering "automatically" at the end of the film advance lever stroke ... I had some minute play in the levers under the bottom cover, so I placed a small piece of velvet between the cover and the lever to push more towards the camera body and it worked ! May go shoot a roll for fun because I think that I am going to sell it ... next year's New Year's resolution is a "gear reduction regime" ... ... space is getting too dear, plus French wife is getting fed up, which is worse ... Salut, J (anyone interested in it?)

12-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #1016
Pentaxian

Really nice, Agnostic ... Salut, J
12-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #1017
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Beautiful!
That is a lovely model, and one I don't have. My Retinas are all folders, although most of my Retinettes are solid versions like this.
Yes it is a really nice camera, better than I expected when I bought it.

QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
I picked up ME on the local craiglist the last summer. I met buyer and tried to fire shutter and on the second run mirror got locked, so bought it as is, for parts. After taking it on parts and cleaning up mirror lifting assembly replaced light seal and mirror foam, got everything back in perfect working condition.
Diacord also have some mechanical/optical problems. The shutter delay assembly did not work - have to remove and clean it. Tessar has some fungus on periphery of third group. But finally i got everything in order and i like results.
Nice work, they look gorgeous.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Really nice, Agnostic ... Salut, J
Salut to you too Jean

Here's an early Sinterklaas present from my girlfriend (in The Netherlands the traditional day to give gifts is on the evening of the 5th of December or morning of the 6th, it's called Sinterklaas on which Santa Claus was loosely based).
Minolta sr-T 101b, Minolta MD Tele-Rokkor 100mm 2.4

Last edited by Agnostic; 12-04-2013 at 02:35 AM.
12-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #1018
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Cameraleather.com sells kits to fit the LX winder, much like the grey griptac kit you see on mine. They're self-adhesive peel-and-stick and are laser cut to fit, no trimming. I'm sure cameraleather.com has a black leatherette that closely matches the LX's standard leather.

And what's better, anyway? A good looking winder that doesn't work, or a naked winder that does?
Yeah, I've heard of them, but I'm a bit reluctant to making someone send a piece of leather around half the world just for the sake of my vanity. I've thought about trying to loosen the leatherette with steam, and see if that might preserve the glue so much that it can be reused. If that won't work, I might as well go for your other option.
12-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #1019
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
Cameras I appreciate very much, plus bringing them back to usefulness is a service to humanity.
12-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #1020
Veteran Member

Nice work, they look gorgeous.

Here's an early Sinterklaas present from my girlfriend (in The Netherlands the traditional day to give gifts is on the evening of the 5th of December or morning of the 6th, it's called Sinterklaas on which Santa Claus was loosely based).
Minolta sr-T 101b, Minolta MD Tele-Rokkor 100mm 2.4
Thank you Agnostic. You have a nice collection of rangefinders. One thing puzzles me, how do you define fov when you switch lenses.
Cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Cameras I appreciate very much, plus bringing them back to usefulness is a service to humanity.
Thank you Nesster.
Taking in account the growth of the world population my service to humanity will be diluted much more than ppm (unless you refer to the photographic community only)
Cheers.