Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #1081
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Their only limitation seems to be in reading very low light levels, although I have not put that to the test.
Yep. That is the weak point for all selenium meters. Low light sensitivity sucks as does low light response. The needle is slow when the light is dim, if it moves at all.

Steve

12-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #1082
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Yes, me too. Turns out old man Weston is buried near where I live...

Here's some Weston meter ads
Flickr Search: weston meter

And a cell phone photo of a 1926 Weston AC meter in an antique store cabinet

Cool!

Steve
12-14-2013, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #1083
Site Supporter

A wooden Sanderson Quarter Plate camera I got about 1966 for 24. It has the plate holders and I have used it with a 'Rada' rollfilm back. It has a 5inch f6.8 Cooke-Luxor Anastigmat lens in a 'General' shutter, speeded 1/5th-1/100th second + B and T. It has 'double extension' for macro work, cross and rising front,and swing front. It is 'British Ensign'made. Now I have discovered the shutter is jammed open so it will be difficult to use it.
12-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #1084
Site Supporter

Some LX questions ...

Bonjour,

Hey guys and gals, can I ask a fast "LX newbie" question (?) ...

Possibly eBay bidding tomorrow on an LX that the seller has disclosed a "sticky mirror" problem ... plus the film speed dial will not stay locked.

How "bad" are these issues, especially the mirror of an LX ... and/or, from your experience(s), are these an easy repair for Eric H. ... ?

I called Eric a few days ago, and he's going to estimate a few K-bodies that I will be sending him from my dear Poitiers, France ... but I do not want to call him during a weekend.

Any input and/or advice would be greatly appreciated ... as the French say, "Merci d'avance !"

Salut, J

12-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #1085
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

Hey guys and gals, can I ask a fast "LX newbie" question (?) ...

Possibly eBay bidding tomorrow on an LX that the seller has disclosed a "sticky mirror" problem ... plus the film speed dial will not stay locked.

How "bad" are these issues, especially the mirror of an LX ... and/or, from your experience(s), are these an easy repair for Eric H. ... ?

I called Eric a few days ago, and he's going to estimate a few K-bodies that I will be sending him from my dear Poitiers, France ... but I do not want to call him during a weekend.

Any input and/or advice would be greatly appreciated ... as the French say, "Merci d'avance !"

Salut, J
Responded to the LX issue on your cross-post. Basically, I'd evaluate the purchase expecting perhaps $300US added to get it all right.
12-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #1086
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Responded to the LX issue on your cross-post. Basically, I'd evaluate the purchase expecting perhaps $300US added to get it all right.
Merci ... thanks ... just saw it, J
12-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #1087
Pentaxian

This sat on ebay for over a month with a BIN of $70, plus it had a Best Offer option.
I kept waiting for it to disappear, but it just sat there taunting me. I finally couldn't help it so I offered $50 and next thing I know, it's mine.
It's a original 1976 K1000 in EX++ condition, complete with the original K 55/2 kit lens.

12-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #1088
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxpete Quote
Now I have discovered the shutter is jammed open so it will be difficult to use it.
That is a shame, though servicing the shutter should not be too difficult. Disassemble from lens and flush the works with lighter fluid (Ronsinol...can't remember what the common term is in Britain) and re-lube. Nesster (Jussi) may have some advice here. I believe he has freed up a couple of vintage shutters.

Steve

12-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #1089
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This sat on ebay for over a month with a BIN of $70, plus it had a Best Offer option.
I kept waiting for it to disappear, but it just sat there taunting me. I finally couldn't help it so I offered $50 and next thing I know, it's mine.
It's a original 1976 K1000 in EX++ condition, complete with the original K 55/2 kit lens.
That's just gorgeous ... good catch & great gear, too! Salut, J
12-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1090
Veteran Member

A wooden Sanderson Quarter Plate camera I got about 1966 for 24. It has the plate holders and I have used it with a 'Rada' rollfilm back. It has a 5inch f6.8 Cooke-Luxor Anastigmat lens in a 'General' shutter, speeded 1/5th-1/100th second + B and T. It has 'double extension' for macro work, cross and rising front,and swing front. It is 'British Ensign'made. Now I have discovered the shutter is jammed open so it will be difficult to use it.[/B]
That thing looks FANTASTIC. Beautiful even.,

Steve called my name. I haven't actually opened these shutters up any... just take the front and back elements out, and to save the beautiful finish of your camera, you should be able to take the shutter off. Lighter fluid and exercise often puts the mechanism back to running.
12-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #1091
Site Supporter

Very nice!

Phil.
12-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #1092
Site Supporter

They are hard to resist aren't they? I keep telling myself I have enough but then something like this comes along. I have four lovely serviceable SPFs as a result. Anyway, looks a good one. Mine looked as nice, but the climate here turned internal seals to mush, and caused mirror lift problems. Repair added to the cost.
12-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #1093
Pentaxian

A wooden Sanderson Quarter Plate camera I got about 1966 for 24. It has the plate holders and I have used it with a 'Rada' rollfilm back. It has a 5inch f6.8 Cooke-Luxor Anastigmat lens in a 'General' shutter, speeded 1/5th-1/100th second + B and T. It has 'double extension' for macro work, cross and rising front,and swing front. It is 'British Ensign'made. Now I have discovered the shutter is jammed open so it will be difficult to use it.
Beautiful. I'm sure the shutter could be fixed. K.
12-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #1094
Site Supporter

A wooden Sanderson Quarter Plate ...
Another gorgeous one ... what a "beauty parade" this thread is at times ... Salut, J
12-15-2013, 06:03 AM   #1095
Veteran Member

I relaunch with this KM with K55\f1.8 that I won for $56 excluding shipping:

And the saga of the K2s continue:

Not in pretty shape but hopefully in working conditions.