Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #1111
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Full moons & thrift stores ...

Today's find with original strap (removed) ... had corroded battery door with a dead battery, but got it open and cleaned up nicely ... put in a Varta V 625 U (1.5 volt) and meter moves a bit ... (do I need to use a 1.35 volt battery ?) ... a full moon, thus cannot complain and had a lucky day ! Purchase price = 5 € J

12-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1112
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
For leaf shutters like your "General", Carol Miller at Flutot's Camera Service is the go-to technician.

F L U T O T ' S
Good suggestion! Wrong side of the world! The camera is in Great Britain.

Steve
12-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #1113
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Today's find with original strap (removed) ... had corroded battery door with a dead battery, but got it open and cleaned up nicely ... put in a Varta V 625 U (1.5 volt) and meter moves a bit ... (do I need to use a 1.35 volt battery ?) ... a full moon, thus cannot complain and had a lucky day ! Purchase price = 5 € J
Geez ! it's almost nasty to tell us this !
12-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #1114
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Great stuff, the K2DMD is a beauty to use.

Phil.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I think you are going to like that KM.

Steve

This is the last prey I got during my evilbay hunting parties:

Now the mission has been completed: I'm the proud owner of the full house of Pentax K bodies: K1000, KM, LX, K2 and K2DMD.

I think I deserve a special banner for my siggy. :P

Today I also got one of these:

That looks in working conditions, besides the broken battery bay and broken cap. It's already loaded with Superia 200 and I'm curious to see if I can make it work even without reading the manual (my Russian isn't that great).

12-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #1115
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Geez ! it's almost nasty to tell us this !
Bonjour aurele,

I know ... sorry (désolé), but you cannot image the satisfaction of finding something like this in a "junk bin" ... if all works and if I get the meter functioning "OK", then this one will be a personal keeper ... have not had a ranger finder in a long time ... damn, this is a good "lucky streak" after few months of "zero" keepers ... J
12-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #1116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I know ... sorry (désolé), but you cannot image the satisfaction of finding something like this in a "junk bin" ... if all works and if I get the meter functioning "OK", then this one will be a personal keeper ... have not had a ranger finder in a long time ... damn, this is a good "lucky streak" after few months of "zero" keepers ... J
don't be sorry, i'm just simply super jealous ! You always find such amazing deals ! In Paris it's quite hard to find anything cheap. Even junk is expensive.
12-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #1117
Site Supporter

... In Paris it's quite hard to find anything cheap. Even junk is expensive.
Yeah, tell me about it ... I lived in the Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, a small apartment (3 minute walk from the Metro station) for 8 years ... sometimes I really do miss Paris; it was great to get on the n° 7 Metro line and be at the Louvre Museum in about 25 minutes time ... those were the good ol' days, before three kids, plus now the dog & the cat, etc. ...

Oh well, then again, there are some advantages to a much smaller town like Poitiers ... Salut, J
12-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #1118
Site Supporter

In Paris it's quite hard to find anything cheap. Even junk is expensive.
That is because it is Parisian junk.

Steve

12-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #1119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is because it is Parisian junk.
That kind of junk is called fashion
12-19-2013, 04:13 AM   #1120
Veteran Member

Ok, I was not planning on buying these but I got an offer I couldn't pass on.

Zeiss Ikon Icarex 35 CS, Carl Zeiss Super Dynarex 135/4
Zeiss Ikon Icarex 35, Carl Zeiss 50/2.8

12-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #1121

I own no ZI SLRs and had never seen or heard of the Icarex CS. My immediate thought was "you've got some schmutz on your forehead!" I can't recall seeing any other camera with a dial mounted centrally on its prism like that. That sent met off Googling the history of these models. The CS sure is weird-looking, but I suppose the apt comparison is to the original Photomic metering heads on Nikon F cameras, or to the Cyclops-looking meters one could mount atop the pre-Spotmatic screwmount Pentaxes. In comparison to those, this meter actually is pretty sleek. And your original unmetered Icarex is very beautiful indeed. Both bodies look in near-new cosmetic condition. Do they also work as well as new?
--Dave
12-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #1122
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
or to the Cyclops-looking meters one could mount atop the pre-Spotmatic screwmount Pentaxes.
Yep, that is the most apt comparison except that the ZI meter was TTL.

Steve
12-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #1123
Veteran Member

They are great feeling camera's, very heavy and , very nicely built (how reliable they are mechanically I'm not sure).

Both are in mint condition and both are in fact the same body but the finders can be exchanged, they also produced a waist level finder for these camera's.

The lenses are excellent cosmetically and mechanically. One of the bodies is in excellent working condition, the other has a sluggish shutter and the normal prism finder has some deterioration to the edge of the prism (will have to open it up to see what the problem is exactly).
I haven't tested the light meter yet because I don't have a battery that fits.
12-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #1124
Site Supporter

Here's mine ... the shutter was releasing at the end of the film advance stroke, but I "DYI" fixed it ... great feel and almost bought a another gear set at the Tours expo/swap meet ... with the 135/4, but passed.

12-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #1125
Jon

Icarex! Love those Zeiss Ikon camera names. I found a Contaflex recently.