Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2014, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #1231
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yeah very nice! You should send the picture to Holga, maybe they would release a new model with the same colour combo!

Phil.
Or make one that comes with crayons and markers and stuff. When I was a kid, there was a toy car called Graffiti Traffic...it was plain white and came with markers so you could decorate it yourself.

I'd buy a Holga to go all crazy on with a pack of markers, wouldn't you?

01-18-2014, 01:53 AM - 1 Like   #1232
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I told her she could color it in any way she wanted. We had tons of fun, and thus the Cray-Holga was born.
Now that is different. Why I bet it would steal all the attention from someone sporting the latest full frame Canicony.
01-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #1233
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I have recently acquired some stuff. Now some research is required....
"New" toys
What an eclectic collection and hopefully they all work!
01-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #1234
Site Supporter

fungus removal

QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
I've de-mushroomed a Pentax-A 28F2.8 quite successfully.

All you need is some isopropyl alcohol (easy to get at hardware shops), a few cotton buds, and a lens tissue or something.

The hardest part is keeping the internal elements from getting dust on them during re-assembly.
I use household "mould and mildew remover": a few drops in a bottle top diluted a bit, and a sensor cleaning spatula with some cleaning tissue folded around the end. Takes it right off, detergent effect important. Alcohols are ok for light fungus IME.

Second your comment about dust: I've given up trying to use my lenspens for polishing - doesn't work, they smear. I tend to just shrug my shoulders, hold the element to the light and cry "good enough!" Anyone with a perfected technique pleeeze get in touch.

Took the cleaned 135 out this morning, no change!! Bad contrast culprit was primarily trashed front element coating and cleaning marks/scratches. I was hoping to get a quid or two back on it but no great loss.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
lso send me a PM so I can send you a "good" 44-2 to play around with ... I have a few to share/spare ...
I had a helios 44-2 for a while actually John - merci pour votre geste tout sympat - but decided to stick with my 44-M. Have you noticed significant variance in your examples?

01-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #1235
Pentaxian

Bonjour marcus,

Yep, you found me ... I post "p0rn" here every now and then ... and even more in the "Latest Acquisition" thread where I vaunt all my thrift shop hauls ... did I write in the AD-2 thread that I picked up the slight fungus, but dented filter 19AH for 3€ with a Nikon adapter at my thrift shop? Think I did, but here are the two together ... the 3€ one is in the middle ("3" written on its filter) ... and the Nikon FG-20 was 5€; I gave it to a Nikon friend who previously gave me a great MV1 with a M50/1.7 ..."cadeau"

Also send me a PM so I can send you a "good" 44-2 to play around with ... I have a few to share/spare ... Salut, J

Quite a bit of Russian p0rn going on in this page. Good thing we're past the McCarthy era . . .

I will have to try one out!
01-18-2014, 08:33 AM - 1 Like   #1236
Pentaxian

We had tons of fun, and thus the Cray-Holga was born.
i agree, this is a very very brillant idea ! I love it in fact

Also send me a PM so I can send you a "good" 44-2 to play around with ... I have a few to share/spare ... Salut, J
I was wondering if you've ever made a K mount for the Helios serie ? I have a 44(-0) version, but it completely mess the metering with any of my body (film and digital).
It's a shame because i've tried the lens this week end, and the rendering is perfect to my eyes !
01-18-2014, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #1237
Pentaxian

Being disabled, I don't get to actually do many activities with my daughter Etta. We get spend a lot of time together, which I am extremely grateful for, but I do get sad when I can't do activities with here, like making a puzzle together or reading a book on the couch.
Last week, after years of reluctance (and denial), I caved and ordered myself a Holga. I kinda wanted a black and silver one, or maybe a plain black one, but each of those was 50% more expensive than the more (or less) colorful models. I eventually settled on white, thinking that it would be fun to dress it up somewhat. After thinking for some time about just what exactly I would do to dress up my Holga, I had a brilliant idea. When the camera arrived, I put tape over the viewfinder, put the lens cap on, and then I gave it to my 5 year old girl along 15 or so Sharpies, and I told her she could color it in any way she wanted. We had tons of fun, and thus the Cray-Holga was born.
The Cray-Holga par Daiku San, on ipernity
A brilliant idea indeed and most definitely ad worthy for Holga!

THe fact that your 5 year old got involved is just priceless!
01-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #1238
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Quite a bit of Russian p0rn going on in this page. Good thing we're past the McCarthy era . . .

I will have to try one out!
Send me your decadent American address, and I will send you a Soviet "loaner", COMRADE ! J

01-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #1239
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
... I was wondering if you've ever made a K mount for the Helios serie ? I have a 44(-0) version, but it completely mess the metering with any of my body (film and digital).
It's a shame because i've tried the lens this week end, and the rendering is perfect to my eyes !
There's the 44K-4 (MC-Helios 44K-4 58mm F2 Lens Reviews - Russian and Zenitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database) ... I have been hunting for an inexpensive one along with a 44M-5, "6" and/or "7" ... your 44(-0), is it the 39mm/13 blade version ... ?
01-18-2014, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #1240

That is SO cool!! My compliments to the ARTIST, and to you of course for coming up with the idea! I have a friend in northern Canada that did the same thing with a bass guitar, and it came out great! He had me make a custom leather strap for it. Not wanting to take away from the paint job, I decided to go with a very plan strap, and inset a embroidered patch to go with the theme.

Cheers!
Griz

Being disabled, I don't get to actually do many activities with my daughter Etta. We get spend a lot of time together, which I am extremely grateful for, but I do get sad when I can't do activities with here, like making a puzzle together or reading a book on the couch.
Last week, after years of reluctance (and denial), I caved and ordered myself a Holga. I kinda wanted a black and silver one, or maybe a plain black one, but each of those was 50% more expensive than the more (or less) colorful models. I eventually settled on white, thinking that it would be fun to dress it up somewhat. After thinking for some time about just what exactly I would do to dress up my Holga, I had a brilliant idea. When the camera arrived, I put tape over the viewfinder, put the lens cap on, and then I gave it to my 5 year old girl along 15 or so Sharpies, and I told her she could color it in any way she wanted. We had tons of fun, and thus the Cray-Holga was born.

The Cray-Holga par Daiku San, on ipernity
01-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #1241
Veteran Member

So, I've added two new ones to my collection today.

A Zorki5, and a Praktica FX3

The Zorki lens is good (industrar) but the body is rough, the rangefinder isn't lining up, the body had been painted (yes, painted) gold over the metal, and brown on teh leather. Then somebody else put duct tape over the lot.
The duct tape at least took off the ugly gold paint with it, but left a sticky residue.
I'll clean it when I can be bothered dealing with sticky rubbish.

The Praktica seems to be fully functional, just filthy. There's dust and dirt all over it, and the lens has a bit of mould in the rear elements. it should be fun though, I just fell in love with that cute waist level finder!

Excuse the worst pictures ever, taken with my phone.
Attached Images

01-19-2014, 01:51 AM   #1242
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
The Praktica seems to be fully functional, just filthy.
I know what you mean about the finder. I recently got a very nice FX myself in excellent condition along with it's original case. These cameras are built to last, and economics seemed secondary. I never thought I would ever want own a Commie camera, but this one and the Praktica IV have been an enjoyable experience.
01-19-2014, 02:51 AM   #1243
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I know what you mean about the finder.
Oh yes, it's great fun.
I can't wait to put a roll of film through to test it's all in working order.

If that goes well I'll have to decide on how I go about the leather.

Trying to decide if I reglue the original old leather, or take it off and do a custom releather (thinking either a differnt colour, or some kind of exotic material)
Attached Images

01-19-2014, 04:59 AM   #1244

The bare feet, cobblestone, and a colorful picture in the viewfinder make an interesting photo. Good work.
Also, I think i want a camera with a waist level viewfinder it looks fun.
01-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #1245
Pentaxian

They are a hoot :P

I have a fx2 it drives you mental trying to compose in it tho honestly :P Well.. Its just a little foreign to what one is accustomed too