Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2014, 02:40 AM   #1291
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,543
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
jean, if you find a 35/2 for cheap, can you take it for me, please ?
OK ... check. It's now written in my super secret note pad ... "a 35/2 for aurele" ... double check ... Salut, J

01-26-2014, 03:45 AM   #1292
Veteran Member
hks_kansei's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 795
QuoteOriginally posted by samtr87 Quote
My "newest" (it's probably the oldest camera I have right now) fresh from the mailbox. It came with the 35mm film adapter and I was lucky enough to get one with the Yashinon lens. It's cosmetically rough, but all buttons, knobs, and levers function. It definitely needs a CLA, but that will have to wait a while.

Lovely.

I've been wanting to get my hands on a TLR for a while now, but they're so damn expensive!
01-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #1293
Veteran Member
Lloydy's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 1,114
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Great lens there and looks great with the winder, Jan ... And Lloydy, I am like you ... but want both his Vivitar and your Minotla 100 ... already have the Tammy, but without the tube. Greedy ol' me and darned LBA ... Well, at least there's a swap meet next Sunday at Aulnay (http://www.phot-aulnay.com) ... let the countdown begin J
I've got a spare O1F Tamron X2, but I can't find the Minolta converter on it's own!
01-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #1294
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,044
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
My latest addition (the lens, not the camera):


Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro "Bokina" on a Minolta X-500 with MD-1 Grip




It's a good fit for my Minolta walk around kit:


Minolta XD
Minolta X-500
MD W.Rokkor 28mm f/2
MC Rokkor 58mm f/1.2
Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 Macro


regards
Jan
Those look so clean!

01-26-2014, 07:32 PM - 1 Like   #1295
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,044
Was looking through the local CL and spotted a low priced ad titled Minolta accessories and curiously looked to find a low res shot of what looked like filters and such but buried in it look like possibly an XK finder - or perhaps I was wishing it was. So I arranged to pick up the box of accessories and was pleasantly surprised to see it was an XK Waist Level finder with cap and a High Magnification finder with cap - both look unused outside and inside! It's a great compliment to the AE and AE-S finders I already have.


01-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #1296
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,044
Also added a Soligor C/D 500mm F8 mirror lens with a T-mount. Initial test results seem to indicate that it is quite sharp and contrasty and can focus very closely.

01-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #1297
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,543
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Also added a Soligor C/D 500mm F8 mirror lens with a T-mount. Initial test results seem to indicate that it is quite sharp and contrasty and can focus very closely.
Great find on the Minolta gear and please post a sample or two in the "Mirror thread" ... very curious to see what you think/find ... Salut, J
01-27-2014, 03:37 AM   #1298
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,543
Stumbled across this one ... Minolta XM Motor X1 XK Poignee Bloc Piles Prisme Verres Boites Superbe | eBay

... and it's in France! Salut, J

01-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #1299
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,044
Jean, That French ebay XM does in fact look very minty!
01-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #1300
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,858
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Was looking through the local CL and spotted a low priced ad titled Minolta accessories and curiously looked to find a low res shot of what looked like filters and such but buried in it look like possibly an XK finder - or perhaps I was wishing it was. So I arranged to pick up the box of accessories and was pleasantly surprised to see it was an XK Waist Level finder with cap and a High Magnification finder with cap - both look unused outside and inside! It's a great compliment to the AE and AE-S finders I already have.


Love the finder variety. Is that a metered WLF?

Also, the big finder on that Minolta makes it look like a battleship.
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #1301
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,992
This guy looks a bit rough and definitely needs some TLC, so it will be taking a trip to New Zealand. In another month or so it should be good as new.

01-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #1302
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This guy looks a bit rough and definitely needs some TLC, so it will be taking a trip to New Zealand. In another month or so it should be good as new.
Is that a filter on front? This is a well sought compact rangefinder model. It has the Zenon f2 lens which is supposedly a step up from the Xenar. The weak point is a stripped cocking rack. They make modern replacements for these, as I had one done in Australia on my 1a Retina.
01-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #1303
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,992
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Is that a filter on front? This is a well sought compact rangefinder model. It has the Zenon f2 lens which is supposedly a step up from the Xenar. The weak point is a stripped cocking rack. They make modern replacements for these, as I had one done in Australia on my 1a Retina.
This is a Retina II Type 011 with a somewhat rare Kodak Ektar 47mm f/2 lens. There is no filter on it.
The Retina II has a very different shutter cocking mechanism that doesn't have the shutter cocking rack (AFAIK) and so it doesn't suffer from that problem.

FWIW, the Schneider Xenar is a 4 element Tessar type , and the Xenon is a 6 element Planar/Biotar type.
01-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #1304
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This is a Retina II Type 011 with a somewhat rare Kodak Ektar 47mm f/2 lens. There is no filter on it.
The Retina II has a very different shutter cocking mechanism that doesn't have the shutter cocking rack (AFAIK) and so it doesn't suffer from that problem.

FWIW, the Schneider Xenar is a 4 element Tessar type , and the Xenon is a 6 element Planar/Biotar type.
Of course, I didn't notice the absence of the cocking lever. I can't say that I have noticed the Zenon taking better pictures than the Xenar in everyday use.
01-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #1305
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,992
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Of course, I didn't notice the absence of the cocking lever. I can't say that I have noticed the Zenon taking better pictures than the Xenar in everyday use.
Yes, for the most part, the Tessar type lens is great. The Xenon/Biotar/Planar type does have the advantage of being 1 stop faster.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645n, af, bronica, camera, chris, ebay, eric, f2.8, fa, film, flickr, lens, mx, nettar, p3, p30t, pentax, photography magazine, post, praktica, retina, shutter, site, store, stuff, swap, test, thrift, tools, winder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Keeper" Lens Club -- You'll regret it if you sell it. vandamro Lens Clubs 103 3 Days Ago 06:14 PM
Is it safe to share my personal collection of K-01 lens p0rn? elpolodiablo Pentax K-01 41 03-01-2013 11:16 AM
If you aren't using it, zip it up! The Jannie Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 09-16-2011 04:35 PM
You've got to love technology and it's mindlessness mtansley General Talk 6 07-24-2011 05:43 PM
Cityscape Got one I'd like to see what you can do with it photolady95 Photo Critique 9 06-25-2011 01:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top