Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #1396
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Last weekend's Phot'Aulney expo/swap meet ... a few quick snaps ... http://www.phot-aulnay.com/ (it was a very small show)
That's why it's a good thing that KEH here doesn't have a sales counter!

02-11-2014, 02:04 AM   #1397
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
That's why it's a good thing that KEH here doesn't have a sales counter!
Yeah ... I can image ...

You don't know how "good" I was at this (small) swap ... had 200€(+) cash in pocket, checkbook and credit cards for both the French and American accounts ... only spent about 55€. Didn't swap out anything ... was a bit lazy there. Saving up for the much bigger swap of Poitiers at the beginning of April ... will be there all day Sunday, lots of trading (hopefully) & possibly some buying J

Manifestations

---------- Post added 02-11-14 at 10:06 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
After nearly 5 years of shooting the 67, I finally got myself a 105/2.4.
Very nice & "congratz" ... J
02-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #1398
Pentaxian

That's a handsome beast.
02-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #1399
Site Supporter

Nice pickup!

Phil.

02-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #1400
Pentaxian

Yeah ... I can image ...

You don't know how "good" I was at this (small) swap ... had 200(+) cash in pocket, checkbook and credit cards for both the French and American accounts ... only spent about 55. Didn't swap out anything ... was a bit lazy there. Saving up for the much bigger swap of Poitiers at the beginning of April ... will be there all day Sunday, lots of trading (hopefully) & possibly some buying J

Manifestations

---------- Post added 02-11-14 at 10:06 ----------

Very nice & "congratz" ... J
Would you mind sharing the date about Poitier exchange ? i'd love to be there :-)

edit : i'm so brainless today ;-) i didn't realise the link was there ...
02-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #1401
Pentaxian

Here's another shot of the same setup.

02-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #1402
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Would you mind sharing the date about Poitier exchange ? i'd love to be there :-)

edit : i'm so brainless today ;-) i didn't realise the link was there ...
Don't worry ... I have been the "Chairman of the Brainless Committee" for over a week now ... goofing up everywhere. If you do come down, let me know ... Sunday is the swap meet. J

---------- Post added 02-11-14 at 20:02 ----------

Somehow, I seem to hear ... "Resistance is futile" ... J
02-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #1403
Site Supporter

I think it is wanting to have me for dinner.

Steve

02-11-2014, 08:52 PM - 3 Likes   #1404

They are breeding...

Well, I seem to be diversifying away from Pentax recently. Sorry for that. The family of all-metal Rokkors that started camping in my house a few months ago is getting larger. There is now an 85. Looks like it may be time to get an XE or XD soon so that I can also use these with aperture-priority AE on very lazy days. If so, back to bottom-feeding in the auctions for that, after the non-trivial cost of this 85.

--Dave

02-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #1405
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
Well, I seem to be diversifying away from Pentax recently. Sorry for that. The family of all-metal Rokkors that started camping in my house a few months ago is getting larger. There is now an 85. Looks like it may be time to get an XE or XD soon so that I can also use these with aperture-priority AE on very lazy days. If so, back to bottom-feeding in the auctions for that, after the non-trivial cost of this 85.

--Dave
You are not kidding about the cost of that version 85mm. That's a beauty!

Regarding the XE - in particular the XE-7 which I have, I have not used another camera with a smoother film advance throughout the full stroke. Except for my XK, all my other Minolta's have a very smooth film advance but my XE-7 is the smoothest.
02-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #1406
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
Well, I seem to be diversifying away from Pentax recently. Sorry for that. ...
Please don't apologize. Minolta is good (in my books, especially older Minolta) ... Canikony is bad ...

And I liked your title: "They are breeding" ... want to give some us hints, pretty please J
02-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #1407
Site Supporter

"They are breeding" ... want to give some us hints, pretty please
Indeed! I have both the 50/1.4 and the 35/2.8 and with any luck, the union might produce an 85/1.7.

Steve
02-12-2014, 10:37 AM - 1 Like   #1408

Please don't apologize. Minolta is good (in my books, especially older Minolta) ... Canikony is bad ...
And I liked your title: "They are breeding" ... want to give some us hints, pretty please J
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Indeed! I have both the 50/1.4 and the 35/2.8 and with any luck, the union might produce an 85/1.7.
Steve
LOL, you wish, guys. I'm afraid they breed not autonomously but in somewhat the way toxoplasma protozoa do ... by causing subliminal changes in the behavior of the host such that the host advances the parasite's life cycle and increases its numbers. Mice (or crazy cat ladies) with toxoplasmosis become irresistibly drawn to hang around cats and thereby spread the protozoan to more cats; crazy lens men with toxorokkorosis are inexorably drawn to go buy more classic Minolta glass.

--Dave
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #1409

If you do come down, let me know ... Sunday is the swap meet. J
Jean, I am so envious. You have a great smorgasbord of second hand stores filled with forgotten photographic jewels. And the swap meet leaves me salivating.

If I could, I would drive out to Poitiers for a visit, and see what gems that could find their way into my collection.
02-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #1410
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Jean, I am so envious. You have a great smorgasbord of second hand stores filled with forgotten photographic jewels. And the swap meet leaves me salivating.

If I could, I would drive out to Poitiers for a visit, and see what gems that could find their way into my collection.
Yeah, Racer, thanks ... I am pretty lucky overall. Cannot complain because there's no way that I could find/have/store all my gear if I still lived in Paris ... Poitiers has its advantages, despite being quite small ... it's nice to have a real house and yard, instead of a much smaller high-density urban apartment. Least I have an attic to stock stuff !

Here's an x-post of what I just got from my thrift store ... all items were 5 ... including the second DURST M305 and its Minolta 50/4.5 lens ... really lucky. J