Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2014, 04:06 AM   #1426
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Just got them back from Eric and quite happy
May i ask i how much did cost the CLA + shipping fees in total ?

I have a Super A that need some help to revive to its glorious youth

02-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #1427
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
May i ask i how much did cost the CLA + shipping fees in total ?

I have a Super A that need some help to revive to its glorious youth
Bonjour aurele,

No problem ... For the MX was $65.00 USD for the CLA labor, $7.00 for the seals and mirror bumper, plus $25.00 for postage ... same for the Spot F. This does not include a few parts that were replaced in each body.

(NB ... it cost $50.00 flat fee postage for both via USPS International Priority Mail with signature receipt, thus half that cost for each ... it's how Eric did the individual invoices) ...

Salut
, J
02-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #1428
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I love the medium format, but I have enough trouble dealing with 35mm. Anyway, I have lately been quite taken with the early Prakticas (1945-65) as they are very well made even if "primitive". That they have lasted in working condition for 60 years is testement to that. This model is the last before they put a fixed prism viewfinder on in 1959. From Dresden, where they were made. All up $150
[/url]
[/IMG][/url]
[/IMG]
That is a thing of beauty!

---------- Post added 02-21-14 at 07:48 AM ----------

Just got them back from Eric and quite happy ... the unwrapping and mounting with f1.4's ... J (x-post)
Nothing like an Eric rejuvenated Pentax and those look in great shape too!
02-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #1429
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
... Nothing like an Eric rejuvenated Pentax and those look in great shape too!
Yes and thanks ... and I just picked up another "project" camera that may be heading Eric's way ... the entire lot for 15.

The winder was thought broken, but I fixed that in about ten minutes. The Super ME is too rough and too broken, thus it will be put aside as a parts body ... may tear it down for the experience.

The ME F is only OK cosmetically, but if I can find the AF lens for it, I would probably/might send it to Eric; but I'm afraid that this one will be "expensive" to re-hab. Dunno yet and I have enough film toys to play with for a while ... Salut, J

CAUTION: Trash p000rn snap below:

02-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #1430
Pentaxian

Bonjour aurele,

No problem ... For the MX was $65.00 USD for the CLA labor, $7.00 for the seals and mirror bumper, plus $25.00 for postage ... same for the Spot F. This does not include a few parts that were replaced in each body.

(NB ... it cost $50.00 flat fee postage for both via USPS International Priority Mail with signature receipt, thus half that cost for each ... it's how Eric did the individual invoices) ...

Salut
, J
thanks for the info. My super A will probably travel to the US during the summer
02-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #1431

Just got them back from Eric and quite happy ... the unwrapping and mounting with f1.4's ... J (x-post)

Jean, when I first looked at this post my first reaction was "Why is Jean trying to suffocate those cameras?"

Then I looked over the entire post and it became clear why they were wrapped up.

They look great!
02-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #1432
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
"Why is Jean trying to suffocate those cameras?"
He is not attempting suffocation. He heard somewhere that plastic wrap make for greater allure...

Steve
02-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #1433

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
He is not attempting suffocation. He heard somewhere that plastic wrap make for greater allure...

Steve
Allure eh?

Must be a French thing.

02-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #1434
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I have a Bronica problem... they're multiplying
I wasn't even aware of the Zenza until I saw your post and happen to be reading a December 1959 Modern Photography magazine and saw this ad.

I also found this interesting Bronica site -> The ZENZA BRONICA Collector
02-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #1435
Site Supporter

I wasn't even aware of the Zenza until I saw your post and happen to be reading a December 1959 Modern Photography magazine and saw this ad.

That's a pretty cool advert and the site is very nice ... J

---------- Post added 02-25-14 at 15:09 ----------

What do you think it will go for ... Asahi Pentax S1 SLR Camera With Auto Takumar 55mm F 2 2 Lens AND Meter IB G29 | eBay

May try to bid, but it's probably hopeless ... there was a few weeks ago an LX with an A 35-70/4 that bidded out at almost 200.00 ... J
02-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #1436
Pentaxian

The original Zenza Bronica is gorgeous!!!
It does command very high $$ though.

That guy (link) has a Bronica problem.
02-26-2014, 01:36 AM - 2 Likes   #1437
Site Supporter

David Bailey's Pentax ES complete with a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50/1.4. Sitting on a signed poster, behind glass, like the iconic object it is and deserves to be!!

Snapped by a mobile phone at Bailey's Stardust exhibition last night. Amazing portraits on show - he's got such a knack of capturing people's personalities in the shot - and personally fun to see this exhibit as I'd be using exactly the same lens model at lunchtime.

Very little was said at the exhibition about the cameras Bailey used, it was the celebrity photos everyone was interested in...quite rightly I suppose. The results not the tools. But I went home and had a play with my S-M-C Takumar again, Bailey style!

02-26-2014, 01:48 AM   #1438
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
David Bailey's Pentax ES complete with a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50/1.4. Sitting on a signed poster, behind glass, like the iconic object it is and deserves to be!! ... But I went home and had a play with my S-M-C Takumar again, Bailey style!
TFS, utak ... I know very little about his work in general ... fun to see that he had/used an ES ... looking forward to your "Bailey" styled captures Salut, J
02-26-2014, 05:09 AM   #1439

I've previously researched the Bronicas a lot online, and had not heard of Caprod, Ltd. A little Googling seems to indicate they were an importer/distributor for Bronica and at some points Mamiya/Osawa, and maybe keeper of their trademarks in USA. "Caprod" could have been coined from "Camera products" perhaps? (Like "Leica" was from "Leitz camera").

Interesting too the text in the advert about "The 'Filminder' back remembers whether or not the film has been advanced..." That would seem to be a claim that it won't double-expose amidst back-swapping. With my S2 at least, I somehow managed to defeat that unintentionally and get an unwanted double exposure. I think I removed Back 1 after an exposure but without winding on; then mounted Back 2 with a new roll in it, wound and shot several exposures, then with it wound (so, camera's shutter cocked), I must have removed Back 2 and remounted Back 1. Then evidently I fired an exposure on Back 1, atop the last exposure I had made before going to Back 2. Seems odd that if they had a mechanism to prevent this on the original Bronica, it would have been omitted in the S2. Maybe I did a sequence so daft they couldn't have planned for it...

--Dave

Bronica S2, Ektar 100, Nikkor 75/2.8 and 50/3.5!! (One picture by each.)

02-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #1440
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
I've previously researched the Bronicas a lot online, and had not heard of Caprod, Ltd. A little Googling seems to indicate they were an importer/distributor for Bronica and at some points Mamiya/Osawa, and maybe keeper of their trademarks in USA. "Caprod" could have been coined from "Camera products" perhaps? (Like "Leica" was from "Leitz camera").

Interesting too the text in the advert about "The 'Filminder' back remembers whether or not the film has been advanced..." That would seem to be a claim that it won't double-expose amidst back-swapping. With my S2 at least, I somehow managed to defeat that unintentionally and get an unwanted double exposure. I think I removed Back 1 after an exposure but without winding on; then mounted Back 2 with a new roll in it, wound and shot several exposures, then with it wound (so, camera's shutter cocked), I must have removed Back 2 and remounted Back 1. Then evidently I fired an exposure on Back 1, atop the last exposure I had made before going to Back 2. Seems odd that if they had a mechanism to prevent this on the original Bronica, it would have been omitted in the S2. Maybe I did a sequence so daft they couldn't have planned for it...

--Dave

Bronica S2, Ektar 100, Nikkor 75/2.8 and 50/3.5!! (One picture by each.)

Nice result anyway!