Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #1471

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Question : What do you guys think of this one ... salvageable ?! Not a lot of bidding action (none yet) ... J

Pentax SMC Super Takumar 17mm F4 Objectif M42 | eBay
"probablement des champignons" -- LOL!! Ya think?!?! The white bits right where the beauty ring says "1:4/17" look like the fungus is trying to slither out and find the next nearest lens -- like some kind of Thing crawling out of an ominous tar pit. I see the second questioner has asked about that and been told it's a glitch in the metal, not an escaping champignon tendril, but I like my story better.

Run the other way.

--Dave

03-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #1472
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
"probablement des champignons" -- LOL!! Ya think?!?! The white bits right where the beauty ring says "1:4/17" look like the fungus is trying to slither out and find the next nearest lens -- like some kind of Thing crawling out of an ominous tar pit. I see the second questioner has asked about that and been told it's a glitch in the metal, not an escaping champignon tendril, but I like my story better.

Run the other way.

--Dave
Me, too ... and to quote King Arthur: "Run away, run away !!!" (?) ... M. Python
03-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #1473
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My buddy gave me his practically unused Minolta X-700 awhile back after he found out my camera retrospective journey. It's cool that it won the 1981 European Camera of the Year but what really intrigued me was the sophisticated (for it's time) Multifunction back that not only imprints date but and can also act as an intervalomter, With the motor drive - with multispeed vertical and horizontal shutter, it can fire the camera for so many frames, at programmable interval and even control shutter speeds for long durations or set with autoexposure. Too bad it can't start firing based on the date and time as you will have to press the "S" to begin. This is my most advanced manual focus camera now . . .

Let me know if you've done any time lapse photography.
03-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #1474
Forum Member

Wow... That is true pron... and me posting me's...

---------- Post added 03-07-14 at 12:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Me, too ... and to quote King Arthur: "Run away, run away !!!" (?) ... M. Python

I just think the owner of the lens is not very camera savvy and that the thing covering the lens is just milk or something

03-07-2014, 12:57 AM   #1475
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
My buddy gave me his practically unused Minolta X-700 awhile back after he found out my camera retrospective journey. ... Let me know if you've done any time lapse photography.
Oh boy ... would I like to have a buddy like that ! "Congratz" and here's a tube video that I stumbled upon awhile back in which the presenter shows its time lapse functions with the data back and a flash as well, if I remember correctly ... just FYI. Salut, J

03-07-2014, 06:18 AM   #1476
Pentaxian

Thanks Juan and Jean.

I checked out the Youtube video and probably could have used it before I finally figured out how to program the darn thing what with it's diamond position indicators. Of course that led to so many other Minolta SLR videos!
03-07-2014, 11:27 AM - 2 Likes   #1477
Veteran Member

My Retina II just got back from it's trip to New Zealand where it was restored by Retina expert Chris Sherlock.
If you have an old Retina that needs some help, I highly recommend sending it to Chris.
Chris does great work, he's very communicative and informative, and he's quick, considering that he's halfway around the world.
Chris's Camera Pages

Oh, and the book is something I just bought.

DSF0281web par Daiku San, on ipernity

03-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #1478
Pentaxian

Cross-posted to the "introduce your film Pentax" thread.

03-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #1479
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote

That's a purdy K2!
One of Pentax's best looking IMO
03-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #1480
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
That's a purdy K2!
One of Pentax's best looking IMO
Thanks, the Ks are handsome indeed. I'd do a K family shot but my K1000 and KM are in Edinburgh and the KX and K2 are here in Madrid.
03-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #1481
Veteran Member

ol' reliable....

03-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #1482
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
My Retina II just got back from it's trip to New Zealand where it was restored by Retina expert Chris Sherlock.
If you have an old Retina that needs some help, I highly recommend sending it to Chris.
Chris does great work, he's very communicative and informative, and he's quick, considering that he's halfway around the world.
Chris's Camera Pages

Oh, and the book is something I just bought.
That's a beauty and the link you provided to Chris's Cameras show a pretty extensive collection too!

---------- Post added 03-08-14 at 01:33 PM ----------

Thanks, the Ks are handsome indeed. I'd do a K family shot but my K1000 and KM are in Edinburgh and the KX and K2 are here in Madrid.
Yes they are!

03-08-2014, 11:40 AM - 3 Likes   #1483
Pentaxian

Last edited by furryurry; 04-23-2014 at 12:18 AM.
03-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #1484
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by furryurry Quote

Really lovely Pressman!
03-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #1485
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is damned sexy.