Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #1471
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 208
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Question : What do you guys think of this one ... salvageable ?! Not a lot of bidding action (none yet) ... J

Pentax SMC Super Takumar 17mm F4 Objectif M42 | eBay
"probablement des champignons" -- LOL!! Ya think?!?! The white bits right where the beauty ring says "1:4/17" look like the fungus is trying to slither out and find the next nearest lens -- like some kind of Thing crawling out of an ominous tar pit. I see the second questioner has asked about that and been told it's a glitch in the metal, not an escaping champignon tendril, but I like my story better.

Run the other way.

--Dave


03-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #1472
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,502
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
"probablement des champignons" -- LOL!! Ya think?!?! The white bits right where the beauty ring says "1:4/17" look like the fungus is trying to slither out and find the next nearest lens -- like some kind of Thing crawling out of an ominous tar pit. I see the second questioner has asked about that and been told it's a glitch in the metal, not an escaping champignon tendril, but I like my story better.

Run the other way.

--Dave
Me, too ... and to quote King Arthur: "Run away, run away !!!" (?) ... M. Python
03-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #1473
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,032
My buddy gave me his practically unused Minolta X-700 awhile back after he found out my camera retrospective journey. It's cool that it won the 1981 European Camera of the Year but what really intrigued me was the sophisticated (for it's time) Multifunction back that not only imprints date but and can also act as an intervalomter, With the motor drive - with multispeed vertical and horizontal shutter, it can fire the camera for so many frames, at programmable interval and even control shutter speeds for long durations or set with autoexposure. Too bad it can't start firing based on the date and time as you will have to press the "S" to begin. This is my most advanced manual focus camera now . . .



Let me know if you've done any time lapse photography.
03-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #1474
Forum Member
JuanEstrada's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bogotá, Colombia!
Posts: 87
Wow... That is true pron... and me posting me's...

---------- Post added 03-07-14 at 12:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Me, too ... and to quote King Arthur: "Run away, run away !!!" (?) ... M. Python


I just think the owner of the lens is not very camera savvy and that the thing covering the lens is just milk or something

03-07-2014, 12:57 AM   #1475
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,502
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
My buddy gave me his practically unused Minolta X-700 awhile back after he found out my camera retrospective journey. ... Let me know if you've done any time lapse photography.
Oh boy ... would I like to have a buddy like that ! "Congratz" and here's a tube video that I stumbled upon awhile back in which the presenter shows its time lapse functions with the data back and a flash as well, if I remember correctly ... just FYI. Salut, J

03-07-2014, 06:18 AM   #1476
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,032
Thanks Juan and Jean.

I checked out the Youtube video and probably could have used it before I finally figured out how to program the darn thing what with it's diamond position indicators. Of course that led to so many other Minolta SLR videos!
03-07-2014, 11:27 AM - 2 Likes   #1477
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,981
My Retina II just got back from it's trip to New Zealand where it was restored by Retina expert Chris Sherlock.
If you have an old Retina that needs some help, I highly recommend sending it to Chris.
Chris does great work, he's very communicative and informative, and he's quick, considering that he's halfway around the world.
Chris's Camera Pages

Oh, and the book is something I just bought.


DSF0281web par Daiku San, on ipernity
03-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #1478
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,284
Cross-posted to the "introduce your film Pentax" thread.










03-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #1479
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,981
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Cross-posted to the "introduce your film Pentax" thread.









That's a purdy K2!
One of Pentax's best looking IMO
03-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #1480
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,284
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
That's a purdy K2!
One of Pentax's best looking IMO
Thanks, the Ks are handsome indeed. I'd do a K family shot but my K1000 and KM are in Edinburgh and the KX and K2 are here in Madrid.
03-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #1481
Veteran Member
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,991
ol' reliable....


03-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #1482
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,032
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
My Retina II just got back from it's trip to New Zealand where it was restored by Retina expert Chris Sherlock.
If you have an old Retina that needs some help, I highly recommend sending it to Chris.
Chris does great work, he's very communicative and informative, and he's quick, considering that he's halfway around the world.
Chris's Camera Pages

Oh, and the book is something I just bought.
That's a beauty and the link you provided to Chris's Cameras show a pretty extensive collection too!

---------- Post added 03-08-14 at 01:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Thanks, the Ks are handsome indeed. I'd do a K family shot but my K1000 and KM are in Edinburgh and the KX and K2 are here in Madrid.
Yes they are!

03-08-2014, 11:40 AM - 3 Likes   #1483
Pentaxian
furryurry's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 725



Last edited by furryurry; 04-23-2014 at 12:18 AM.
03-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #1484
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,858
QuoteOriginally posted by furryurry Quote


Really lovely Pressman!
03-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #1485
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,336
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Cross-posted to the "introduce your film Pentax" thread.
That is damned sexy.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645n, af, bronica, camera, chris, ebay, eric, f2.8, fa, film, flickr, lens, mx, nettar, p3, p30t, pentax, photography magazine, post, praktica, retina, shutter, site, store, stuff, swap, test, thrift, tools, winder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Keeper" Lens Club -- You'll regret it if you sell it. vandamro Lens Clubs 101 5 Days Ago 08:49 AM
Is it safe to share my personal collection of K-01 lens p0rn? elpolodiablo Pentax K-01 41 03-01-2013 11:16 AM
If you aren't using it, zip it up! The Jannie Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 09-16-2011 04:35 PM
You've got to love technology and it's mindlessness mtansley General Talk 6 07-24-2011 05:43 PM
Cityscape Got one I'd like to see what you can do with it photolady95 Photo Critique 9 06-25-2011 01:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top