Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9437 Likes Search this Thread
08-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #571
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Louicio Quote
Let me get in on the PZ action lol (although mine is labelled as a Z)
Nice bit of kit.
I have (just acquired) a Z-1 also, but the mirror motor gear went out with my first shot

08-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #572
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Strange, it's still here... maybe you need a bigger target:
Smashed the screens on both the laptops and still cannot reach it ... I give up, better go buy one ... J
08-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #573
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Nice bit of kit.
I have (just acquired) a Z-1 also, but the mirror motor gear went out with my first shot
That's a bit rough. Are you going to fix it up? Seems like a waste to let it stay broken?
08-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #574
Veteran Member

That's a bit rough. Are you going to fix it up? Seems like a waste to let it stay broken?
Z-1 and PZ-1 bodies are likely very hard to get repaired. If they are not, I need to know who fixes them.

08-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #575
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Z-1 and PZ-1 bodies are likely very hard to get repaired. If they are not, I need to know who fixes them.
I doubt I'd be able to find anyone to repair it, and if I did, I don't know that I'd be willing to spend a bunch of money on it.
They're great cameras, but unfortunately they're not worth much.
08-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #576
Veteran Member

I doubt I'd be able to find anyone to repair it, and if I did, I don't know that I'd be willing to spend a bunch of money on it.
Maybe pick up another broken one for cheap and see if Eric can repair it? or DIY?
08-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #577
Veteran Member

Maybe pick up another broken one for cheap and see if Eric can repair it? or DIY?
Eric does fix more than just Manual Focus bodies, though he doesn't advertise the fact.

08-21-2013, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #578

Photos: Albums
The Pentax MF, their only half frame SLR (strictly speaking it is a medical camera, meant to be used with endoscopes/gastroscopes and the like)

08-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #579
Veteran Member

If you're not keen on getting it repaired professsionally and don't mind parting with it, I would be happy to pay postage and use it as a project repair job for my next short break from work/uni? I am quite the fan of them, since it was the first real film camera I picked up and shot with since taking up photography
08-22-2013, 03:53 AM   #580
Veteran Member

That's a pretty nice piece of equipment Paul, have you tried mounting a lens to it and using it?
08-22-2013, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #581
Veteran Member

Some of the cameras I own or have owned.

This collage is made up of all the cameras I currently have photos of. Some of these I no longer own, and I'm missing a few photos of cameras I currently own or used to own.
I have shot at least 1 roll of film with every camera here (other than the few digitals there), many of them have seen 5 or more rolls of film in my use.

Click image to see large
08-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #582
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Some of the cameras I own or have owned.

This collage is made up of all the cameras I currently have photos of. Some of these I no longer own, and I'm missing a few photos of cameras I currently own or used to own.
I have shot at least 1 roll of film with every camera here (other than the few digitals there), many of them have seen 5 or more rolls of film in my use.

Click image to see large
What? No Zenit? No Zorki?

Nicca? You have/had a Nicca? How was it?

Steve
08-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #583

Photos: Albums
That's a pretty nice piece of equipment Paul, have you tried mounting a lens to it and using it?
No, never tried it. Apart from being half frame it should give the same results as any other camera. That said, it would be challenging to use as the prism has a large spherical bulge on the bottom which distorts the view (but not the focus). Speeds are Auto and 1/4.
08-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #584
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What? No Zenit? No Zorki?

Nicca? You have/had a Nicca? How was it?

Steve
I have a Fed 3, doesn't that count?

That's actually a Neoca 2s. It was actually a pretty cool camera with a decent though not stellar lens. It was fairly well made and worked well, though the finder was quite small. It had a funny shutter cocking mechanism. Film advance and shutter cocking were accomplished via a double strock of the wind lever. The second stroke would finish advancing the film and then move a lever on the body which would push a lever on lens which cocked the leaf shutter.
08-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #585
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

That's actually a Neoca 2s.
So it is! Your description of the cocking mechanism brought a smile to my face.