Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #871
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Good deal there, even just for the lens. I have four good SPFs but only one SP11, which is in good, but not pristeen condition.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, excellent deal. The lens is worth about twice that by itself.

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yep, congratz ... there's no way here in France (or Europe IMO) that you can find a Tak 1.4 for less than $100 ...

Check this recent eBay sale out ( I bidded why it was reasonably priced) - over 130€ final price !!! - Pentax Asahi Super Takumar 50mm F1 4 Fast Standard Lens M42 | eBay

Again, congratz, enjoy and green with envy ... J

It's in pretty good condition though not pristine. All mechanical functions seem to work great. I haven't tested the meter yet. Lens is perfect other than some minor scuffing.
I found this on ebay being sold by Goodwill. The listing title was for a Spotmatic-F body and the text was quite vague, but the photos were decent and showed a decent looking SPII with a S-M-C Tak 50/1.4, so I gambled and bought it. Sometimes the gamble works in your favor, other times it doesn't

10-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #872
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
No warning at all. I had just started a roll, was in Manhattan, and the second frame in, it just quit midway through the stroke.
For documentation purposes, here's the final pic

Yeah, you guys are lucky, seems the best Retina guy in the world is in Australia...
That's a pity...
Maybe I should get a second one, I'm really enjoying shooting with the IIa. Or maybe i should get a IIIc or IIIC or the IIIs...:P

I received a Balda Mess Baldinette folding rangefinder with a Schneider Radionar 50/2.9 in the mail yesterday but the build quality is not even close to the Retina IIa
In fact I think the Balda Baldessa Ib which I also have is a much nicer build quality and more pleasant to use.

This is the Baldessa Ib, I will try to upload one of the Baldinette later

QuoteOriginally posted by Skullsroad Quote
I'm on 3 hours of sleep due to studying for exams. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Good luck with the exams!

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This setup arrived in my mail yesterday.
Asahi Pentax SPII with a S-M-C Takumar 50/1.4
Both in excellent condition.
Not a bad way to spend $40 me thinks

Nice!
I still have an SPII, but I sold the 50mm 1.4
Good price too, if I remember correctly I paid about $50 for the 50/1.4 only.
11-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #873
Veteran Member

Ever seen one of these?

11-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #874
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Colton, have you been hanging out at Blue Moon again? You know how dangerous that place is for people with G.A.S.

Steve

11-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #875

I was going to buy a Kalimar Reflex a few weeks ago. I passed on it. Thing looks rad. Run any rolls through it yet?
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #876
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Ever seen one of these?
Nope, not in this lifetime ... looks like a lot of fun ... yours now?
11-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #877

Colton, that's a great looking piece of kit. As a former engineer, I dig the elegant excellence of making a lens very compact (think: OM system). But ... however ... nevertheless ... I also really like these old school wides with the big flared-out front element that screams "I have brought the big gun!" -- like that Fujita/Kaligar 52 mm, or the 50/3.5 Nikkor for Bronica S/S2, the original Super Tak 35/2, or the very old Rokkor 28/3.5 (67 mm filter diameter) that I just got for my Minolta SRT102. Manly glass rules!!

What does the Kalimar weigh with that 52 on it? I see no plastic anywhere...

--Dave

11-02-2013, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #878

And by the way, shame on me, it appears I've never posted that SRT. The 28mm that I mentioned above is on the right. The whole lot cost USD 83 across three shopgoodwill.com auctions -- not dirt-cheap, but reasonable. I've had SRT gas for awhile, wanting to see how that full-information viewfinder powered by strings and Judas windows would work. It is a marvel, although with my chunky eyeglasses it's hard to see the top (aperture) and bottom (shutter speed) read-outs at the same time. I dig the heavy old full-metal, scalloped focus grip Rokkors, although the younger rubber-gripped 50/1.7 is probably optically superior. All this is shown as-found except that I've blown off dust and cleaned minor smudges off the front elements. All the glass is perfect. The 50s had protective skylight filters on, and the 28, though naked, was just lucky I guess! There were Minolta front lens caps for the 50s, a rubber Hoya hood, and two back caps. And I have enough existing 67 mm filters and caps to keep the 28 safe. Note also the vintage Minolta-branded full-grain vinyl neck-strap.

--Dave

(Photo by K20D + SMC Tak 55/1.8)

Edit: And when I keep saying "50s," obviously I mean the literally 50 and the 58.

Last edited by Argenticien; 11-02-2013 at 10:44 AM.
11-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #879
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
And by the way, shame on me, it appears I've never posted that SRT. The 28mm that I mentioned above is on the right. The whole lot cost USD 83 across three shopgoodwill.com auctions -- not dirt-cheap, but reasonable. I've had SRT gas for awhile, wanting to see how that full-information viewfinder powered by strings and Judas windows would work. It is a marvel, although with my chunky eyeglasses it's hard to see the top (aperture) and bottom (shutter speed) read-outs at the same time. I dig the heavy old full-metal, scalloped focus grip Rokkors, although the younger rubber-gripped 50/1.7 is probably optically superior. All this is shown as-found except that I've blown off dust and cleaned minor smudges off the front elements. All the glass is perfect. The 50s had protective skylight filters on, and the 28, though naked, was just lucky I guess! There were Minolta front lens caps for the 50s, a rubber Hoya hood, and two back caps. And I have enough existing 67 mm filters and caps to keep the 28 safe. Note also the vintage Minolta-branded full-grain vinyl neck-strap.

--Dave

Edit: And when I keep saying "50s," obviously I mean the literally 50 and the 58.
Nice SRT-102 and lenses! I too have the vinyl neck strap for both my SRTs, but traded them out for Domle. Much easier on the neck!

Steve
11-02-2013, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #880
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For the lensrentals.com photogeek contest...

11-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #881
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Colton, have you been hanging out at Blue Moon again? You know how dangerous that place is for people with G.A.S.

Haha, so true...but no, this didn't come from Blue Moon.

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by Skullsroad Quote
I was going to buy a Kalimar Reflex a few weeks ago. I passed on it. Thing looks rad. Run any rolls through it yet?
I've run one roll through it, which I didn't load properly, but it worked out anyway.
I'll be posting a shot to the film photo thread soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Nope, not in this lifetime ... looks like a lot of fun ... yours now?
This camera belongs to a work colleague of my wife. I may buy it from her.

Colton, that's a great looking piece of kit. As a former engineer, I dig the elegant excellence of making a lens very compact (think: OM system). But ... however ... nevertheless ... I also really like these old school wides with the big flared-out front element that screams "I have brought the big gun!" -- like that Fujita/Kaligar 52 mm, or the 50/3.5 Nikkor for Bronica S/S2, the original Super Tak 35/2, or the very old Rokkor 28/3.5 (67 mm filter diameter) that I just got for my Minolta SRT102. Manly glass rules!!

What does the Kalimar weigh with that 52 on it? I see no plastic anywhere...

--Dave
The Kaligar 52mm is actually fairly small for a 6x6 wide-angle. It's about the same dimensions as my SMC Pentax-A 35-105 zoom, and weighs less then the Pentax.
The Kaligar 80/2.8 is ridiculously small, nearly as small as my Takumar 50/1.4
11-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #882
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

--Dave

Heavy metal they are, and wonderful. I prefer the MC lenses to the MD. I have the 28mm in both, and the MD is not as smooth to operate and more plasticy.
11-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #883
Veteran Member

--Dave

Nice kit.
I inherited a mint SR-T 102 and MD Rokkor-X 50/1.7 from my grandfather. They are beautifully made cameras. Awhile back I picked up a W.Rokkor 24/2.8 for it.
11-02-2013, 04:12 PM - 2 Likes   #884
Veteran Member

Here's the Kalimar Reflex with the Kaligar 80/2.8 mounted.

11-03-2013, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #885
Pentaxian

My fast Ms.