Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9437 Likes Search this Thread
01-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #1216
Pentaxian

This must be my SP500, because I'm sure it was taken with the SP1000. Ilford Pan F 50 film.

And my ME Super on holiday in Lanzarote (Pro Image 100, P30N)

01-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #1217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I took a chance on this for $20 plus $13 post. Figured the case and lens cap could be used on another Lynx in the worst case. These are splendid cameras with excellent lenses.
Advertised: "Not sure if in working order, in good condition."
Camera is in very good cosmetic condition. Lens is very clear except one small (dust, fungus?) spot. Case cleaned up and is in fair condition. Nice original lens cap. I used a new 625 1.5v battery.The lightmeter was rattling inside, so I removed the top and reglued the broken mount and cleaned inside view finder. Also re-glued a small mirror for the exposure meter. Light meter works but very dim in view finder. The rangefinder spot is completely gone, and one needs to place a finger over view-finder to see it. Shutter and aperture, focus, flash and self timer are all fine.
Camera is perfectly functional if one allows for the rangefinder and light-meter limitations.
Attached Images

01-17-2014, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #1218
Pentaxian

My collection of Takumar 55's. They always make me smile, and I love using them all. This is not meant to be a product shot...it was taken for fun with a yellow theme, including the contemporary (to the S-M-C Takumar) yellow filter.

I'm not a collector nor completest...not at all....as you can see I don't have the Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8 or f2s! The three in the middle l-r are the Auto-Takumar (10-bladed) f2.2, f1.8 and f2.

01-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #1219
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
My collection of Takumar 55's. They always make me smile, and I love using them all. This is not meant to be a product shot...it was taken for fun with a yellow theme, including the contemporary (to the S-M-C Takumar) yellow filter.

I'm not a collector nor completest...not at all....as you can see I don't have the Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8 or f2s! The three in the middle l-r are the Auto-Takumar (10-bladed) f2.2, f1.8 and f2.
Ahhh ... made me "smile" there ... great gear, Salut, J

01-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #1220
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I took a chance on this for $20 plus $13 post. ...
Nice catch there ... enjoy it, J
01-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #1221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi y'all! My interesting acquisitions

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
X-post ... of December's AD-2 additions ... finishing up my collection. Next stop .. maybe a 63B, but need to save a few pennies for that one ... J

So this is where you hang out John! Your review of the 19Ah made me smile - felicitations mon ami. BTW when you refer to a "p0rn shot" in your reviews, are you referring to this thread?

My latest acquisitions; a job lot of 8 items inluding :

A rather mixed bag and condition isn't great - most of the lenses have some fungus and the two classic old russian lenses are well worn. However the lens I was most after - the Mir 1 - is in the best condition optically. Always felt that a hundred is a bit much for a flektogon, which the Mir is kissing cousin to. Now I await my M39-M42 adapter...Of 1964 vintage according to its serial number (first two numbers indicate year of manufacturer, I have discovered) - fifty years old today (approximately)! The original helios 44 is alas heavily scratched with cleaning marks on the front element.
The 28 and the 105mm have the esoteric miranda mount. If any of you guys are miranda collectors and find these of interest let me know.
The other items were a couple of tc's, a tokina 24mm, OM mount, and an optomax 135/2.8. Now if you have been wondering how/whether fungus affects iq consider this:

The worst result for fungus affliction I have encountered actually. I have an adaptall 23A that looks bad, fungus covering the element in front of the iris, but its images are mostly indistinguishable from my mint 23A.
Here's the fungus:

But this lens shouldn't be a difficult clean.

Last edited by marcusBMG; 01-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.
01-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #1222
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote

Nice set and setup!

Phil.

01-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #1223
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
But this lens shouldn't be a difficult clean.
I've de-mushroomed a Pentax-A 28F2.8 quite successfully.

All you need is some isopropyl alcohol (easy to get at hardware shops), a few cotton buds, and a lens tissue or something.

The hardest part is keeping the internal elements from getting dust on them during re-assembly.
01-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #1224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
So this is where you hang out John! Your review of the 19Ah made me smile - felicitations mon ami. BTW when you refer to a "p0rn shot" in your reviews, are you referring to this thread? ...
Bonjour marcus,

Yep, you found me ... I post "p0rn" here every now and then ... and even more in the "Latest Acquisition" thread where I vaunt all my thrift shop hauls ... did I write in the AD-2 thread that I picked up the slight fungus, but dented filter 19AH for 3€ with a Nikon adapter at my thrift shop? Think I did, but here are the two together ... the 3€ one is in the middle ("3" written on its filter) ... and the Nikon FG-20 was 5€; I gave it to a Nikon friend who previously gave me a great MV1 with a M50/1.7 ..."cadeau"

Also send me a PM so I can send you a "good" 44-2 to play around with ... I have a few to share/spare ... Salut, J

01-17-2014, 02:13 PM - 3 Likes   #1225
Veteran Member

Being disabled, I don't get to actually do many activities with my daughter Etta. We get spend a lot of time together, which I am extremely grateful for, but I do get sad when I can't do activities with here, like making a puzzle together or reading a book on the couch.
Last week, after years of reluctance (and denial), I caved and ordered myself a Holga. I kinda wanted a black and silver one, or maybe a plain black one, but each of those was 50% more expensive than the more (or less) colorful models. I eventually settled on white, thinking that it would be fun to dress it up somewhat. After thinking for some time about just what exactly I would do to dress up my Holga, I had a brilliant idea. When the camera arrived, I put tape over the viewfinder, put the lens cap on, and then I gave it to my 5 year old girl along 15 or so Sharpies, and I told her she could color it in any way she wanted. We had tons of fun, and thus the Cray-Holga was born.

The Cray-Holga par Daiku San, on ipernity
01-17-2014, 02:16 PM - 2 Likes   #1226
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
While we're doing group shots...

01-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #1227
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Being disabled, I don't get to actually do many activities with my daughter Etta. ... We had tons of fun, and thus the Cray-Holga was born.
That's just excellent ... down-right brilliant ... I think that am going to copy your idea, if you don't mind ... Salut, J
01-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #1228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
That's just excellent ... down-right brilliant ... I think that am going to copy your idea, if you don't mind ... Salut, J
Feel free to do it
01-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #1229
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
While we're doing group shots...
Jan, darn-it-all ... stop ... please no Minolta p0rn, especially f1.2 ... now I won't sleep correctly tonight J

PS- nice haul on "Latest acquisition" ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 01-17-2014 at 03:16 PM.
01-17-2014, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #1230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Being disabled, I don't get to actually do many activities with my daughter Etta. We get spend a lot of time together, which I am extremely grateful for, but I do get sad when I can't do activities with here, like making a puzzle together or reading a book on the couch.
Last week, after years of reluctance (and denial), I caved and ordered myself a Holga. I kinda wanted a black and silver one, or maybe a plain black one, but each of those was 50% more expensive than the more (or less) colorful models. I eventually settled on white, thinking that it would be fun to dress it up somewhat. After thinking for some time about just what exactly I would do to dress up my Holga, I had a brilliant idea. When the camera arrived, I put tape over the viewfinder, put the lens cap on, and then I gave it to my 5 year old girl along 15 or so Sharpies, and I told her she could color it in any way she wanted. We had tons of fun, and thus the Cray-Holga was born.

The Cray-Holga par Daiku San, on ipernity
Yeah very nice! You should send the picture to Holga, maybe they would release a new model with the same colour combo!

Phil.
« Film Stocks | - »