Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 08:58 PM   #1276
Veteran Member

So I just cleaned out the top shelf of the fridge to make room.....

Here's what came out.

5x Kodak Ektar (new today actually)
5x Ilford HP5+
1x Ilford HP5+ (exposed)
2x Kentmere 100 (exposed)
2x Fuji Superia 200
1x Fuji Superia 200 (exposed)
1x Kodak Gold 200 (exposed ~10 years ago)
1x Kodak Gold 400 (exposed)
1x Kodak Ektachrome E100VS
1x Kodak Kodachrome 64 (exposed ~15 years ago)

The two old rolls are from my girlfriend's father's old cameras, he didn't finish the rolls before he passed away.
The Gold I'll get developed, but not really sure what to do with the Kodachrome....

01-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #1277
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Kodachrome can be developed as B&W with standard B&W chemicals.The most difficult part is removing the rem-jet layer which can be done with C41 bleach or washing soda and water.And I've usually found that stand development works best with old films.
Glenn
01-25-2014, 02:57 AM   #1278
Veteran Member

I've had a very good week at the charity shops, I guess people are starting to spring clean and throwing stuff out of their houses, long may it continue.

I'm going to pimp this nice Yashica with some red leather, I've done a couple of silver ones with black in the past and they look OK but I think red will look good against the black. It's a great camera, I like these a lot.

[IMG]
Yashica FX D Quartz par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]

This Olympus is nice, it dates back to 1969 and has spot or average metering, and aperture priority or manual. That was a hell of a camera in its day. Everything works and it's in lovely condition, I'm going to enjoy this one.
[IMG]
Olympus 35 SP par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]

This superb Contax RX came in the same kit as the Yashica, along with as set of Yashica ML lenses - 135/2.8, 50/1.7, 28/2.8 and 80-200/4. Sadly there were no Contax lenses. The camera is just about mint condition and looks virtually unused. It's a complicated camera to use in some respects, so I think the owner just used the Yashica.
[IMG]
Contax RX par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]
01-25-2014, 03:58 AM   #1279
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
I've had a very good week at the charity shops, I guess people are starting to spring clean and throwing stuff out of their houses, long may it continue. ...
Great catches ... especially the Olympus 35 SP; I've got one just like it from my thrift store, except no case ... and hope that your Spring fever "clean-out/clear-out" trickles down to my thrift store in Poitiers soon ... Salut, J

01-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #1280
Pentaxian

I've had a very good week at the charity shops, I guess people are starting to spring clean and throwing stuff out of their houses, long may it continue.
You got all that in charity shops???
01-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #1281
Forum Member

Please do post pictures of that Yashica after its makeover!

I'm going to pimp this nice Yashica with some red leather, I've done a couple of silver ones with black in the past and they look OK but I think red will look good against the black. It's a great camera, I like these a lot.

[/url]
Yashica FX D Quartz par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]

This Olympus is nice, it dates back to 1969 and has spot or average metering, and aperture priority or manual. That was a hell of a camera in its day. Everything works and it's in lovely condition, I'm going to enjoy this one.
[/url]
Olympus 35 SP par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]

This superb Contax RX came in the same kit as the Yashica, along with as set of Yashica ML lenses - 135/2.8, 50/1.7, 28/2.8 and 80-200/4. Sadly there were no Contax lenses. The camera is just about mint condition and looks virtually unused. It's a complicated camera to use in some respects, so I think the owner just used the Yashica.
[/url]
Contax RX par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]
01-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #1282
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I've got one just like it from my thrift store, except no case
If I ever make it to France, I will have to hit your thrift store. In my town there are a couple of guys that visit the thrift stores daily to resell on eBay. That and weekend garage sales are their hobby. By the time I get there there shelves are bare

Steve

01-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #1283
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If I ever make it to France, I will have to hit your thrift store. In my town there are a couple of guys that visit the thrift stores daily to resell on eBay. That and weekend garage sales are their hobby. By the time I get there there shelves are bare

Steve
Same thing here, too, Steve ... there are "regulars" who await in-line at the openings and who actually RUN to the doors once the main gate is opened ( ... I should film this for you), but most (except for one guy) do not care too much about the photo gear of which 95% is just plain junk, soon to be trashed ... thus, one has to be there early, or just be "lucky", because they sometimes "re-stock" the shelves at odd hours when open ... Salut, J
01-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #1284
Veteran Member

This is the last FX-D that I re covered a while back, another charity shop bargain because the original leathercloth was hanging off and it looked dreadful. I paid £2 for it.
The leather on this camera is from the seat of a WW2 Dakota DC3. When I was a kid we lived next to a RAF base where they were scrapping the old wartime aircraft right up until the early 1960's, and I used to climb through the fence and play in them at the weekends, there were Spitfires, Hurricanes and Lancasters there in the 1950's. It was a hell of a playground!

[IMG]
Yashica FX-D Quartz par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]
01-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #1285
Pentaxian

This is the last FX-D that I re covered a while back, another charity shop bargain ...
Quite a nice catch there and a great story ... TFS, J
01-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #1286
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
jean, if you find a 35/2 for cheap, can you take it for me, please ?
01-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #1287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My latest addition (the lens, not the camera):

Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro "Bokina" on a Minolta X-500 with MD-1 Grip

It's a good fit for my Minolta walk around kit:

Minolta XD
Minolta X-500
MD W.Rokkor 28mm f/2
MC Rokkor 58mm f/1.2
Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 Macro

regards
Jan

Last edited by Boris_Akunin; 01-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.
01-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #1288
Veteran Member

I like that Vivitar Boris, I've been kinda looking for one. I have a Tamron 90 / 2.5 Macro and the wonderful Rokkor Macro 100 / 3.5 so I don't need the Vivitar, I just want one.
01-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #1289
Inactive Account

My "newest" (it's probably the oldest camera I have right now) fresh from the mailbox. It came with the 35mm film adapter and I was lucky enough to get one with the Yashinon lens. It's cosmetically rough, but all buttons, knobs, and levers function. It definitely needs a CLA, but that will have to wait a while.

01-26-2014, 02:36 AM   #1290
Pentaxian

I like that Vivitar Boris, I've been kinda looking for one. I have a Tamron 90 / 2.5 Macro and the wonderful Rokkor Macro 100 / 3.5 so I don't need the Vivitar, I just want one.
Great lens there and looks great with the winder, Jan ... And Lloydy, I am like you ... but want both his Vivitar and your Minotla 100 ... already have the Tammy, but without the tube. Greedy ol' me and darned LBA ... Well, at least there's a swap meet next Sunday at Aulnay (http://www.phot-aulnay.com) ... let the countdown begin J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 01-26-2014 at 02:43 AM.