Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2014, 02:40 AM   #1291
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
jean, if you find a 35/2 for cheap, can you take it for me, please ?
OK ... check. It's now written in my super secret note pad ... "a 35/2 for aurele" ... double check ... Salut, J

01-26-2014, 03:45 AM   #1292
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by samtr87 Quote
My "newest" (it's probably the oldest camera I have right now) fresh from the mailbox. It came with the 35mm film adapter and I was lucky enough to get one with the Yashinon lens. It's cosmetically rough, but all buttons, knobs, and levers function. It definitely needs a CLA, but that will have to wait a while.

Lovely.

I've been wanting to get my hands on a TLR for a while now, but they're so damn expensive!
01-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #1293
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Great lens there and looks great with the winder, Jan ... And Lloydy, I am like you ... but want both his Vivitar and your Minotla 100 ... already have the Tammy, but without the tube. Greedy ol' me and darned LBA ... Well, at least there's a swap meet next Sunday at Aulnay (http://www.phot-aulnay.com) ... let the countdown begin J
I've got a spare O1F Tamron X2, but I can't find the Minolta converter on it's own!
01-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #1294
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
My latest addition (the lens, not the camera):

Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro "Bokina" on a Minolta X-500 with MD-1 Grip

It's a good fit for my Minolta walk around kit:

Minolta XD
Minolta X-500
MD W.Rokkor 28mm f/2
MC Rokkor 58mm f/1.2
Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 Macro

regards
Jan
Those look so clean!

01-26-2014, 07:32 PM - 1 Like   #1295
Pentaxian

Was looking through the local CL and spotted a low priced ad titled Minolta accessories and curiously looked to find a low res shot of what looked like filters and such but buried in it look like possibly an XK finder - or perhaps I was wishing it was. So I arranged to pick up the box of accessories and was pleasantly surprised to see it was an XK Waist Level finder with cap and a High Magnification finder with cap - both look unused outside and inside! It's a great compliment to the AE and AE-S finders I already have.

01-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #1296
Pentaxian

Also added a Soligor C/D 500mm F8 mirror lens with a T-mount. Initial test results seem to indicate that it is quite sharp and contrasty and can focus very closely.

01-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #1297
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Also added a Soligor C/D 500mm F8 mirror lens with a T-mount. Initial test results seem to indicate that it is quite sharp and contrasty and can focus very closely.
Great find on the Minolta gear and please post a sample or two in the "Mirror thread" ... very curious to see what you think/find ... Salut, J

01-27-2014, 03:37 AM   #1298
Pentaxian

Stumbled across this one ... Minolta XM Motor X1 XK Poignee Bloc Piles Prisme Verres Boites Superbe | eBay

... and it's in France! Salut, J
01-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #1299
Pentaxian

Jean, That French ebay XM does in fact look very minty!
01-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #1300
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Was looking through the local CL and spotted a low priced ad titled Minolta accessories and curiously looked to find a low res shot of what looked like filters and such but buried in it look like possibly an XK finder - or perhaps I was wishing it was. So I arranged to pick up the box of accessories and was pleasantly surprised to see it was an XK Waist Level finder with cap and a High Magnification finder with cap - both look unused outside and inside! It's a great compliment to the AE and AE-S finders I already have.

Love the finder variety. Is that a metered WLF?

Also, the big finder on that Minolta makes it look like a battleship.
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #1301
Veteran Member

This guy looks a bit rough and definitely needs some TLC, so it will be taking a trip to New Zealand. In another month or so it should be good as new.

01-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #1302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This guy looks a bit rough and definitely needs some TLC, so it will be taking a trip to New Zealand. In another month or so it should be good as new.
Is that a filter on front? This is a well sought compact rangefinder model. It has the Zenon f2 lens which is supposedly a step up from the Xenar. The weak point is a stripped cocking rack. They make modern replacements for these, as I had one done in Australia on my 1a Retina.
01-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #1303
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Is that a filter on front? This is a well sought compact rangefinder model. It has the Zenon f2 lens which is supposedly a step up from the Xenar. The weak point is a stripped cocking rack. They make modern replacements for these, as I had one done in Australia on my 1a Retina.
This is a Retina II Type 011 with a somewhat rare Kodak Ektar 47mm f/2 lens. There is no filter on it.
The Retina II has a very different shutter cocking mechanism that doesn't have the shutter cocking rack (AFAIK) and so it doesn't suffer from that problem.

FWIW, the Schneider Xenar is a 4 element Tessar type , and the Xenon is a 6 element Planar/Biotar type.
01-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #1304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This is a Retina II Type 011 with a somewhat rare Kodak Ektar 47mm f/2 lens. There is no filter on it.
The Retina II has a very different shutter cocking mechanism that doesn't have the shutter cocking rack (AFAIK) and so it doesn't suffer from that problem.

FWIW, the Schneider Xenar is a 4 element Tessar type , and the Xenon is a 6 element Planar/Biotar type.
Of course, I didn't notice the absence of the cocking lever. I can't say that I have noticed the Zenon taking better pictures than the Xenar in everyday use.
01-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #1305
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Of course, I didn't notice the absence of the cocking lever. I can't say that I have noticed the Zenon taking better pictures than the Xenar in everyday use.
Yes, for the most part, the Tessar type lens is great. The Xenon/Biotar/Planar type does have the advantage of being 1 stop faster.