Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #2236
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My silver MX and Spot F that I sent off to Eric ... and I now have a SMC Tak 50/1.4

Would love to have a black of each of these guys. (re-post)

I have a black and a silver (several) SR-T 101 ... it's fun to see them side by side. J

11-10-2014, 10:22 AM - 1 Like   #2237
Forum Member

Hi you all!

My LX is with Eric so no LX pictures this time, but I think thisis very p0rny...

Olympus OM 180mm f2

And those bellow are the results at f2...

hope you enjoy!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 6D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 6D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 6D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 6D  Photo 
11-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #2238
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JuanEstrada Quote
Hi you all!

My LX is with Eric so no LX pictures this time, but I think thisis very p0rny...

Olympus OM 180mm f2

And those bellow are the results at f2...

hope you enjoy!

Nice !!! Are you going to get a Multi-Mount for it ? J
11-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #2239
Forum Member

Hi!
I was thinking about it, but Im looking for a Pentax K3, and as far as I know, it doesn't support the multi mount, does it?

It is a huge problem because I have quite a few awesome f2 olympus lenses, incluiding the 21mm

11-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #2240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JuanEstrada Quote
Hi!
I was thinking about it, but Im looking for a Pentax K3, and as far as I know, it doesn't support the multi mount, does it?

It is a huge problem because I have quite a few awesome f2 olympus lenses, incluiding the 21mm
An non-modified K-3 will not work, but you can Dremel down the flanges (Not recommended for your glass IMHO; see my mod Yashica 50mm f1.4 ML - "RioRico" modification to PK mount Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database )

Adaptist = Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (WR version) - Adaptist

They say "K-3 not verified yet", and this is their WR mount ...
11-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #2241
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Ouch John, those Yashica pics make me want to cry! Especially since C/Y lenses are generally pretty easy to retrofit a K mount onto!

---------- Post added 11-10-14 at 11:32 AM ----------

Leitax makes an OM to K replacement bayonet that definitely works on the 21mm and might also work on the 180. It's not one of the lenses on the page with instructions listed, but it might be worth contacting them to see if it's doable.
Yeah ... I was a bit crazed that day ... ha !!!

Don't worry, I am going to fix that big mess with a retro-fit ... blame it on the meds and Rio Rico gave me the idea
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #2242
Veteran Member

Another curio I picked up recently - Fujicarex II, seems like Fuji's response to the Retina Reflex/Contaflex type leaf shutter SLRs. Having not only that shutter system, but the exposure and focus controls mounted on the back with an internal linkage to the lens, means it's probably a miracle that it still works after 50 years, but it is a hefty bit of kit and the shutter makes a very satisfying thwack.

It has interchangeable front lens elements, as I believe some of the Contaflexes did. This one came with the standard 50/1.9.
I think this is a pretty rare beast, I've certainly never come across one before.

11-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #2243
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Canon 1D Mark II N and Mark III circa 2005 & 2007.
11-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #2244
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To me they look like two children only a mother could love.
11-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #2245
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edmundrt Quote
Another curio I picked up recently - Fujicarex II, seems like Fuji's response to the Retina Reflex/Contaflex type leaf shutter SLRs. Having not only that shutter system, but the exposure and focus controls mounted on the back with an internal linkage to the lens, means it's probably a miracle that it still works after 50 years, but it is a hefty bit of kit and the shutter makes a very satisfying thwack.

It has interchangeable front lens elements, as I believe some of the Contaflexes did. This one came with the standard 50/1.9.
I think this is a pretty rare beast, I've certainly never come across one before.
I have never seen one either. Wiki dates it at 1963? That's great if it is still fully functional!
11-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #2246
Pentaxian

I've never heard of this either, but there must be a lot of cameras I've never heard of.

So, instead of having interchangeable lenses, you change only the front element for different focal lengths?
11-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #2247
Pentaxian

Another curio I picked up recently - Fujicarex II ... I think this is a pretty rare beast, I've certainly never come across one before.
Nice score ... I have never seen one for real ... Enjoy, J
11-11-2014, 08:13 AM - 2 Likes   #2248
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I have never seen one either. Wiki dates it at 1963? That's great if it is still fully functional!
It is, apart from the selenium cell which is very intermittent - I've been sunny 16-ing this roll of Superia 200.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Nice score ... I have never seen one for real ... Enjoy, J
Thanks Jean! It is a pleasure to use, has that real 'quality' feel the some 60s cameras possess.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
So, instead of having interchangeable lenses, you change only the front element for different focal lengths?
Yes, it has a small bayonet that the front section clips into. This 50 has two elements as far as I can see, and I know there's a wide-angle (28mm, I think) and I imagine there's probably a 135mm too, but they must be very rare. I might try and seek one out next time I'm in Japan.
Anyway, here are some more pictures to illustrate the lens mount:

and a gratuitous shot

11-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #2249

One of my oddities:

It's not in the best of condition, in fact the baseplate looks as if someone used it as a sledge! But notice that chrome disc on the front? It was originally sold in Italy. I've seen ME Supers with the same disc and there were probably others too, it was a way of denoting official Italian market products as opposed to grey imports (like "Honeywell" on US market M42 bodies). Came to me via ebay, jammed, for a few pounds. I dribbled some lighter fluid into the mechanism and prodded gently with a screwdriver until the second shutter curtain dropped and the mechanism reset, then finished cleaning it and fitted new light seals.
11-11-2014, 12:45 PM - 2 Likes   #2250
Veteran Member

Hi, my name is Colton, and I have a problem.