Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9444 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2015, 03:11 AM - 2 Likes   #2761
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Really dressing up the Minolta X-700 by adding a fully functional Minolta IR-1 set. Pretty cool as I can fire the camera quite a ways.

I suppose I can use it on other motorized cameras with the right cable end.
That's very nice. never really seen one in the flesh.

My Minolta "twins" ... the black one will be off for CLA soon.

And my LX "twins" dressed up in K's ...

05-06-2015, 05:03 AM - 2 Likes   #2762
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
That's very nice. never really seen one in the flesh.

My Minolta "twins" ... the black one will be off for CLA soon.

And my LX "twins" dressed up in K's ...
Those accessories are sometimes the hardest - or costliest, to get!

Very nice set of SRTs and twin LX's too!

With the two LX's, you can take a shot of one through the viewfinder of the other.

But it's only with a third that you can use another LX to take the shot . . .
05-06-2015, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #2763
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I ended up selling it in less than a day, but here's a quick snap I took of the silvered R58mm 1.2 Rokkor on a Minolta body before I sent it out for those who wanted to see it:
Damn, that looks sweet!

I've been trying to keep my Minolta kit black-on-black but you've got me wavering now...

05-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #2764
Veteran Member

I ended up selling it in less than a day, but here's a quick snap I took of the silvered R58mm 1.2 Rokkor on a Minolta body before I sent it out for those who wanted to see it:
A real shame that new lens aren't all metal : we can't dream to transform them in such beauty like this Rokkor !!

05-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #2765
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Damn, that looks sweet!

I've been trying to keep my Minolta kit black-on-black but you've got me wavering now...
The Minoltas from the 70s look very sturdy all metal cameras, very different from the plastic ones of the 80s, I've handles several 7000 and I liked none of them, they feel cheap.
05-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #2766
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Damn, that looks sweet!

Stunning.

I loaded up my SRT 101b with some T-Max 100 this morning and took it for a walk with my more humble 35-70mm.
05-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #2767

Looks beautiful but wouldn't that devalue the lens? I guess it doesn't matter if the lens isn't going to be sold. Nice work!

05-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #2768

Nope, based on what I've been able to sell these refinished lenses for, including this one (in less than a day), it is worth substantially more.
I knew you were going to tell me that. Heck ... you could do restorations.
05-06-2015, 05:57 PM   #2769
Pentaxian

Nope, based on what I've been able to sell these refinished lenses for, including this one (in less than a day), it is worth substantially more.
I hope you got your asking price for it -> Custom SILVERED Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm f/1.2 lens. Certainly seems worth it to me!

---------- Post added 05-06-15 at 09:08 PM ----------

BTW, on the auction site the Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm f/1.2 lens sold prices range from $250 to $600 depending on condition. You may need to raise your asking price for the next one . . .
05-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #2770

Nikkor on Pentax

I'd love to have some of my lenses silvered by dcshooter. They are beautiful. But I already have one stock lens with silver rings that goes nicely with my K-01.

Nikkor-S Auto 35mm f/2.8 pre-AI on Pentax K-01 (1)
by Noel Parsons, on Flickr
05-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #2771

Interesting. Did you multimount your K-01? If so, how close in are you able to focus? Did you adjust the infinity stop on the lens in order to recover some of the close focus that is lost?
Yes, my K-01 is equipped with the Adaptist multimount. Close focus isn't the problem with Nikon lenses, it's infinity. The Nikon LFD is 1.04 mm longer than Pentax's, so I shim out the Nikkor mount ring 0.8-0.9mm (the thickest small washers I can get locally). That gives infinity focus at all but the widest apertures and also moves the mount ring out flush with the edge of the aperture ring.

QuoteQuote:
I have a couple of K bodies I've been toying with multimounting, but my desire to keep them fully WR has so far won out in the end.
Understandable. That's why I do my adapting with the K-01. My K-5 IIs is my all-weather body.
05-09-2015, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #2772
Pentaxian

Unlike Jean's huge camera shows in France, our annual camera show here is . . . well . . . rather sparse. Here's a pic of it.

But that's ok as I got rid of a bunch of film cameras with off brand lenses for essentially "parts only" prices and bought some Kodak fixer for b&w. The Wings Camera store itself has some used cameras too.

However, one of the vendors had a very nice looking Topcon Super D + lens that wanted to go home with me . . .

Also managed to pickup the Canon F-1.

Wait a minute you say, they're both F-1? You are not alone as Canon calls the one on the left as Canon New F-1 (released 1981) and the one on the right as Canon F-1 (released 1971). Oh and if that wasn't confusing enough, there was an upgraded F-1 released in 1976 as the Canon F-1 Later model! I guess they really liked "F-1" . . .

I understand that Nikon already protected F-2 and Canon just didn't want to make a radical change in model name?

Last edited by LesDMess; 05-09-2015 at 02:37 PM.
05-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #2773
Veteran Member

Wait a minute you say, they're both F-1? You are not alone as Canon calls the one on the right as Canon New F-1 (released 1981) and the one on the left as Canon F-1 (released 1971). Oh and if that wasn't confusing enough, there was an upgraded F-1 released in 1976 as the Canon F-1 Later model! I guess they really liked "F-1" . . .

I understand that Nikon already protected F-2 and Canon just didn't want to make a radical change in model name?
I assume that just Canon is pretty bad at naming cameras, they did the same with the EOS: EOS-1, then EOS-1n and EOS-1v.

I always assumed Canon chose the name "F-1" to suggest they were the number 1 in the business (a jab to Nikon) or that the camera was the camera number 1 on the market.

As usual your cameras are very beautiful, even too beautiful to be used!

This is the last catch on ebay:

A black ST705, very nice little camera, similar to a KX but smaller size, when it arrived it didn't focus at infinity and I dreaded the sticky mirror syndrome, but it appears that Fuji had been smarter than Pentax and the mirror sits on a screw, so I fixed it.

I shot a test roll and I'm curious to see the results, unfortunately the viewfinder is filthy as hell and I can't clean it, anybody has some suggestions? It's a pity because it's bright and big, with the 55 mm lens the image is bigger than in reality so I assume the magnification is close to 1.

Oh, I don't know if I shared the results for this other burdle, the T90 and the FD 35-105 f3.5-4.5.

It's the most modern camera I have so far...even too much, 139 pages of owner's manual!
05-09-2015, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #2774
Pentaxian

Canon T90, identified by Canon in their catalog as The Tank . . .

Canon T90 catalog

I was full time into Canon EOS when I first discovered the Pentax MX and figured out how to manually focus which for some reason I couldn't back in the day . . .

05-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #2775
Veteran Member

Canon T90, identified by Canon in their catalog as The Tank . . .

Canon T90 catalog

I was full time into Canon EOS when I first discovered the Pentax MX and figured out how to manually focus which for some reason I couldn't back in the day . . .
More than the tank I consider it the Terminator: the camera from the future that travelled back in time to 1986 and change the history of SLRs (and DSLRs)...if you notive your EOS is basically speaking an AF version of the T90...

BTW I also used the one touch 35-105 mm zoom that was offered with the t series and came out to be an aspherical design:

The results are...interesting, I only regret I shot a cheap film like Superia so I can't directly compare them with m shots with pro film in terms of sharpness...I post some pics in the general thread.