Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9445 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2015, 04:36 PM - 2 Likes   #2776
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A mess of Pentax mini teles has sprung up on my shelf!

05-09-2015, 08:35 PM - 1 Like   #2777
Veteran Member

I finally caved and got an MX Winder from KEH. Shooting at a motorbike event over the weekend the the error of my ways became painfully obvious. It was in excellent condition and less than 60 bucks. It's a sound I hadn't heard since high school.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
05-10-2015, 12:57 AM   #2778
Veteran Member

A bit of Mamiya goodness.

My Mamiya/Sekor DTL 2000 with the 55mm F1.8. the rarest camera I own. Only seen one of these and I bought it as soon as I saw it. It came with the typical crappy old seals and bumper. So I had the camera CLAd and battery compartment rewired. Now it is ready to rock and roll.

My Mamiya C33.

05-10-2015, 02:31 AM   #2779
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
I finally caved and got an MX Winder from KEH. Shooting at a motorbike event over the weekend the the error of my ways became painfully obvious. It was in excellent condition and less than 60 bucks. It's a sound I hadn't heard since high school.
I don't often use my MX winder except on rare occasions when I am using a big lens and want better grip. Subtle it ain't!

K.

05-10-2015, 11:42 AM   #2780
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I don't often use my MX winder except on rare occasions when I am using a big lens and want better grip. Subtle it ain't!

K.
The winder is not exactly quiet, for sure. I can't see using it for anything but the type of event I was at; lively and loud. There were several occasions that day when manually advancing the film lost me a shot of someone pulling away on some bitchin' rare classic or exotic motorbike that will only make it up there a couple of times a year. I was pleasantly surprised that the diminutive MX body does a lot to mitigate the increase in size when the winder is attached. The overall size is not much bigger than my KX. That KX, however, would be a monster with a winder attached.

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 05-10-2015 at 11:47 AM.
05-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #2781
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
The winder is not exactly quiet, for sure. I can't see using it for anything but the type of event I was at; lively and loud. There were several occasions that day when manually advancing the film lost me a shot of someone pulling away on some bitchin' rare classic or exotic motorbike that will only make it up there a couple of times a year. I was pleasantly surprised that the diminutive MX body does a lot to mitigate the increase in size when the winder is attached. The overall size is not much bigger than my KX. That KX, however, would be a monster with a winder attached.
FYI: Lyrebirds are notorious imitators, better than mockingbirds and maybe even parrots. I've seen/heard recordings of them imitating a car that was stubborn starting, a chainsaw, and - - a Nikon film camera both without and with a winder (crunsch - - bzzzztt - crunsch - - bzzzztt).
05-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #2782
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I don't have a motor - as opposed to a wonder, for my LX or MX but it does seem that the higher the speed, the louder they get.

05-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #2783
Veteran Member

Minolta MD System. Currently the only camera/system I made money with.

05-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #2784
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I don't have a motor - as opposed to a wonder, for my LX or MX but it does seem that the higher the speed, the louder they get.
I don't have the MX Motordrive --- that appears to be one of the rarest Pentax accessories! --- but I do have a winder which covers the batteries in black goo every time I use it. They must have used the same foam as the bumpers etc.

I have an LX motordrive but I haven't had the ni-cads changed so I haven't used it yet. Oh well...

Best wishes, Kris.
05-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #2785
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I ended up selling it in less than a day, but here's a quick snap I took of the silvered R58mm 1.2 Rokkor on a Minolta body before I sent it out for those who wanted to see it:
Ohhhhh! That is nice, so very nice! I particularly like the color contrast on the "PG" for the lens name. The turquoise is just too nice.

Steve
05-12-2015, 01:49 PM - 2 Likes   #2786

Scored this little guy at a pawn shop last winter for $20. Action is very springy and is a joy to shoot with.

05-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #2787
Veteran Member

I already liked these early K1000SE with brown leatherette, very late 70s colour...but this month I already invested my budget for cheap cameras in mint (or it looks) Praktica MTL50.
05-13-2015, 07:16 AM   #2788

http://instagram.com/p/2mD71eFow7/‏
I picked up a K2 yesterday for £20 (about $30), looks to be working, even the batteries are still good. I was looking for a lens cap for an old rangefinder and came across the ad where the seller had a few things, no idea of value, so I made an offer. It's a bit heavier than the MX or Super Program!
05-13-2015, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #2789
Pentaxian

Cheap p0rn. My latest thrift store find ... a "like new" Yashica Electro 35 CC with a good battery and a generic cap. For 4€ as written on view finder ... good to have an "Easy Clean Pen" handy. What a stupid place to put a price ... ever heard of stickers?

I cannot get the "over/under" meter to respond, but I think that is a bad connection with the battery. Anyway, everything else works and can shoot Sunny 16 with it. And what a wild looking aperture when stopping it down by steps ... xpost

Edit : After fiddling a bit, I now have the under exposure warning signal (a yellow arrow) working in the view finder. The shutter button which triggers it is a bit "touchy" ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 05-13-2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: ... it's working !
05-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #2790
Pentaxian

What a beauty, Jean.