Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9447 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #2821

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
You're a luck bastard!

05-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #2822
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Nice! A very well regarded lens on that and a bit hard to find at a reasonable price also. Well done.
Thanks. I stalk my thrift store and sometimes it pays off well ...

I have a roll of Ilford 100 in it now for the initial "test" run ... a fun rangefinder.

---------- Post added 05-18-15 at 17:40 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cameraniac Quote
I wasn't sure if eBay links are allowed in this thread but thought I'd take the risk and post a link to an auction that I won last night.

The lot was not described in detail so buying was, in itself, a little risky. I might have paid a little much but since the auction contained a few goodies that my collection lacks, like a few of the lens' and the body, I couldn't resist.

Later on, I will try and post some better pics of my small collection.

Complete Pentax Asahi SL Camera Kit with 4 Lenses Carrying Case More | eBay
I would say that you did QUITE well ... enjoy 'em all. J
05-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #2823

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Thanks. I stalk my thrift store and sometimes it pays off well ...

I have a roll of Ilford 100 in it now for the initial "test" run ... a fun rangefinder.

---------- Post added 05-18-15 at 17:40 ----------

I would say that you did QUITE well ... enjoy 'em all. J
Thanks, Jean. It does somewhat resemble a treasure chest ... doesn't it?
05-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #2824

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Neat camera, is the Fujinon 1.4 so much better than the 55mm f1,8 as the extortive price of certain ebay auction would make us believe?
It was better for me because I needed the extra light gathering of the f/1.4 and I needed the 50mm focal length because 55mm was too long for my shooting style.

05-19-2015, 12:25 AM   #2825

Photos: Albums
I found a voigtlander vito 2 for 10 bucs at an antique store, it took me awhile to figure out the shutter wouldnt work without film inserted. It seems to work well, but I didn't change the light seals in my hast so the results aught to be interesting at the very least.

05-19-2015, 06:04 AM   #2826

QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
I found a voigtlander vito 2 for 10 bucs at an antique store, it took me awhile to figure out the shutter wouldnt work without film inserted. It seems to work well, but I didn't change the light seals in my hast so the results aught to be interesting at the very least.
I've always been intrigued by the Vito II. Never realized how small they were until seeing the one in your hand. Smaller than my Vitessa T.

$10.00 seems like a good deal!

Last edited by cameraniac; 05-19-2015 at 06:11 AM.
05-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #2827
Pentaxian

More "low buck" p0rn ... for a fiver (see lens cover) from my thrift store and in great shape. (xpost)

05-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #2828
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
I have one of those. The shutter quirk worked to my advantage because I thought it was broken and the antique store owner sold it for $20 instead of the $40 he was asking for it.

I unscrewed the front element and cleaned the inner one and must have screwed it on wrong and messed up the focus. All the pictures I took with on my test roll was out of focus. And it tore up the sprockets when I was winding the film back into the canister. Currently mine is just sitting there looking pretty until I can find money and someone to fix it.
05-19-2015, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #2829
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
More "low buck" p0rn ... for a fiver (see lens cover) from my thrift store and in great shape. (xpost)
I've had some lovely images from my Lubitel 2. There are a few pictures here. Sometimes it looks like there is a light leak, but I now suspect it might be light bouncing around inside. Mine was cheaper than yours... I got it for free!

Best wishes, Kris.
05-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #2830

I can't remember if i have shared some of my non-Pentax pieces of kit i have. Anyways here they are.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
05-19-2015, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #2831

And a few more while i'm here...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HDR-XR550VE  Photo 
05-19-2015, 10:51 PM   #2832
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I've had some lovely images from my Lubitel 2. There are a few pictures here. Sometimes it looks like there is a light leak, but I now suspect it might be light bouncing around inside. Mine was cheaper than yours... I got it for free!

Best wishes, Kris.
Salut Kris,

Thanks for the link. Very nice images and that makes me (even more) want to shoot a bit with this Lubitel.

Too bad that my thrift does give stuff away for free ... Cheers, J
05-19-2015, 11:58 PM   #2833

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cameraniac Quote
I've always been intrigued by the Vito II. Never realized how small they were until seeing the one in your hand. Smaller than my Vitessa T.

$10.00 seems like a good deal!
Keep in mind I have large hands, but yea it's small especially folded up, certainly something that will fit in a good size pocket. It seems like a really nice camera minus the uncertainty of only using zone focusing.
05-20-2015, 09:18 AM - 3 Likes   #2834
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here is some old Pentax history from the 70'ties. Many have the KX as their favorite k-Mount from that time and really like the performance of this camera. It was produced from 1975 and to 1977. There was the standard chrome version and a black version. But it was also possible to purchase a motor drive version as a special order. According to what I have found, the motor drive version is not very common.

The ergonomics of this package isn't the best. It is heavy, about 1,8kg, and the gun style trigger on the battery grip is weird. It is possible to detach the battery grip and attach it to the motor via a special cable. Does anyone have such a cable?

Well enjoy, I really like this setup.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #2835

QuoteOriginally posted by Direbear Quote
And a few more while i'm here...
I love the back of the Retina. Nice collection!