Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9444 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2015, 04:46 AM   #3001
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
FYI: On EBAY the asking price for a Medical Nikkor is about $300~400 with a range from about $150 to $1000.
Merci W ... I, too, have reviewed the pricing. This one will probably be taken to the next "big" photo swap in the fall and exchanged for something nice in Pentax. There's a couple of "pro" vendors that are "Nikon nuts" ... so, it should be fun to see what I can get out of this find !

07-04-2015, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #3002
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Unbelievable thrift store score yesterday ... all for 21€ !!!

Back left to right : a Medical Nikkor 120/4 (5€), a Canon F-1 with FD 35/2.8 (5€) and a Nikon F3 with Micro Nikkor 55/2.8 plus MD4 (5€) ...
Front left to right : a Minolta XD7 with MD 50/3.5 Macro, a Nikkormat FT N with HC Auto 50/2 and an engraved OM-1 with 50/1.8 plus Recordata Back 1 (4€) ...

The OM-1 is engraved "HOPITAL ERASME" on one side of the prism and "OPTHALMOLOGIE" on the other side. This hospital is in Bruxelles ?!

Everything works at the moment except for the meter on the Nikkormat, the shutter is slow on the XD7 and I cannot (yet) get the MD4 to work. Cannot test the Medical Nikkor ... too bad.

What's funny is that Gilbert got fed up added all his up in his head to write the invoice pay ticket (you know, 5 + 4 + 5 + 5 ...), so when he came to the unmarked XD7, he said "1" ... and did the same for the Nikkormat despite it being marked "5". The F3 was also "unmarked", but we agreed that it was a 5€ item. Ha!

This is my best score by far ... only thing that come close is finding an Angénieux 35-70 for 5€.
I hate your guts!
07-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #3003
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back left to right : a Medical Nikkor 120/4 (5€), a Canon F-1 with FD 35/2.8 (5€) and a Nikon F3 with Micro Nikkor 55/2.8 plus MD4 (5€) ...
Front left to right : a Minolta XD7 with MD 50/3.5 Macro, a Nikkormat FT N with HC Auto 50/2 and an engraved OM-1 with 50/1.8 plus Recordata Back 1 (4€) ...

The OM-1 is engraved "HOPITAL ERASME" on one side of the prism and "OPTHALMOLOGIE" on the other side. This hospital is in Bruxelles ?!

Everything works at the moment except for the meter on the Nikkormat, the shutter is slow on the XD7 and I cannot (yet) get the MD4 to work. Cannot test the Medical Nikkor ... too bad.

What's funny is that Gilbert got "fed up" adding all this up in his head to write the invoice pay ticket (you know, 5 + 4 + 5 + 5 ...), so when he came to the unmarked XD7, he said "1" ... and did the same for the Nikkormat despite it being marked "5". The F3 was also "unmarked", but we agreed that it was a 5€ item. Ha!

This is my best score by far ... only thing that comes close is finding an Angénieux 35-70 for 5€.
Impressive, I should go to more camera swaps!

Phil.
07-04-2015, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #3004
Veteran Member

DDR vs Japan

07-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #3005
Pentaxian

When using the Super Takumar 3.5/28mm on the K-5 II--I have the second version of the first model with 58mm filter thread that I generally prefer to my copy of the S-M-C Takumar with 49mm thread--I found the Voigtlander LH-58N lens hood (made for the Nokton 1.4/58mm SL II) a perfect match for the FOV on the APS-C sensor. It is as well built as the old Tak lens hoods and its paint finish is also virtually indistinguishable from that of the classic Taks:

Incidentally, the shots were taken using the Voigtlander Nokton 1.4/58mm SL II on my K10D with the lens hood for the 2.5/135mm and 4/200 Taks which again is a perfect match on the APS-C sensor.
07-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #3006
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What's funny is that Gilbert got "fed up" adding all this up in his head to write the invoice pay ticket (you know, 5 + 4 + 5 + 5 ...), so when he came to the unmarked XD7, he said "1" ... and did the same for the Nikkormat despite it being marked "5". The F3 was also "unmarked", but we agreed that it was a 5€ item. Ha!

This is my best score by far ... only thing that comes close is finding an Angénieux 35-70 for 5€.
Did someone really write a big '5' on that Nikkormat lens?
07-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #3007
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Did someone really write a big '5' on that Nikkormat lens?
Yes ... but don't worry. I use baby butt wipes to remove those marks and it was only on the filter.

They do that at my thrift store ... .

An easy clean, luckily.

07-04-2015, 09:46 PM - 4 Likes   #3008
Forum Member

Shot a few close ups of the SPII.

07-05-2015, 06:01 AM - 1 Like   #3009
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TheLens Quote
Shot a few close ups of the SPII.
Looks like it's spent the last six decades in a box. My Spotmatic (1st version) wears the scars of use.
07-05-2015, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #3010
Pentaxian

They cleaned up quite nice ... everything AOK with new batteries.

These are the inventory "mug shots" ... happy camper.

07-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #3011
Forum Member

Nice F3 and F1 Jean. I used to have a F3 a long time ago. I want to get another one, and I want to get the Canon F1, but the new version of it.
07-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #3012
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They cleaned up quite nice ... everything AOK with new batteries.

These are the inventory "mug shots" ... happy camper.
Handsome cameras. The Canon has a reputation of feeling as solid as brick, something they probably did intentionally to give a "feel" of professional-level durability.
07-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #3013
Pentaxian

Thanks Bill & W ... the Canon F-1 feels like you could use it to hammer nails ... Canon* is not my thing nor is Nikon, so they will be traded away a the next big swap.

There was a "Nikon freak" vendor that had a M 85/2 which was "too pricey" for me. Maybe he will like my F3 combo ... I would trade pretty quick.

* NB : I like my Canonet range finder collection ...
07-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #3014
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Bill & W ... the Canon F-1 feels like you could use it to hammer nails ... Canon* is not my thing nor is Nikon, so they will be traded away a the next big swap.

There was a "Nikon freak" vendor that had a M 85/2 which was "too pricey" for me. Maybe he will like my F3 combo ... I would trade pretty quick.

* NB : I like my Canonet range finder collection ...
Stupid question but how come the thrift store charges such low prices for cameras? Don't they have Google? And who donates the stuff? Here in Norway people tend to try to sell such items online and they set fantasy prices on the items. Often refering to similar fantasy prices on ebay.
07-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #3015
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Stupid question but how come the thrift store charges such low prices for cameras? Don't they have Google? And who donates the stuff? Here in Norway people tend to try to sell such items online and they set fantasy prices on the items. Often refering to similar fantasy prices on ebay.
I have no idea if they have Internet. Apparently, it's just one person that prices the small amount of camera stuff. They usually let a bunch pile up, then price it and set it out. Also, there's really not "a lot" coming through there ... I just go often and early to get the best.

Based on experience, a lens can go from 3€ to 5€, a compact from 2€ to 5€, a SLR from 5€ to 7€ and a "camera kit" bag with SLR and additional lens(es) and/or flash from 7€ to 10€. They have a "junk bin" in which I last found a Nikon F100 with shutter release for 6€ ... and they also have an "antique" section with a counter for photo gear, which can be bad, junk stuff and some good stuff. Also, I also picked up TWO Durst M305 enlargers with lens for 5€ each ...

It all varies a lot. That's just the way it is ...