Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #3076
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Karénine Quote
It's been one year since I started diving into analog photography. As I earlier said before on these forums, i inherated an MX with the infamous Pentax-M 40mm f/2.8 (which I like a lot), rediscovered the pleasure of taking photos and fell in love with Pentax gear.

The MX and KX were my first Pentax SLRs that set me on my current trend as well. Beautiful set!

07-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #3077
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Another view to compare; these seem to be my favorite three M42 cameras.

70s' quality.
07-28-2015, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #3078
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
70s' quality
How about some 50's quality.
My newly aquired Pentax AP with its 58mm f2.4 Tak. posing with its Pentax K sibling with its 55mm f1.8 "Zebra" Tak.

Glenn
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #3079
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
My newly aquired Pentax AP with its 58mm f2.4 Tak. posing with its Pentax K sibling with its 55mm f1.8 "Zebra" Tak.
Glenn

I also like the uncluttered prism and viewfinder!
Still looking for a zebra for my K!

07-28-2015, 03:58 AM   #3080
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Glenn
The preset version brings back memories. The very similar Pentax "S" was not only my first SLR, it was also my first 35mm (had been using a Zeiss Ikon folder, and before that a big Kodak folder). However, my Pentax "S" had an f2.2 preset. One of the first accessories purchased, other than a tiny Sekonic light meter, was a set of Spiratone extension tubes for taking close-ups, the only equipment from that time that I still have.
07-28-2015, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #3081
Veteran Member

Today dropping at the local London Camera exchange I would a rare (or so I assumed) internal focus Nikkor 300mm f4.5, they wanted £199.

They also had a Nikkormat FT3 with a Nikkor 50mm f2 and I was able to sell me both for £11 plus a roll of HP5 and a tatty Nikon strap:

I thought the K1000 was a brutal camera...but I was wrong, the Nikkormat looks like something you can use for self defense as as hammer.
07-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #3082
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I thought the K1000 was a brutal camera...but I was wrong, the Nikkormat looks like something you can use for self defense as as hammer.
Yes, and beautifully made. Did you really get the Nikkormat and lens for 11 pounds?

07-29-2015, 03:23 AM   #3083
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Yes, and beautifully made. Did you really get the Nikkormat and lens for 11 pounds?
Well I assume they made me some discount of the 300 mmm lens, but the total I paid for what you see in the picture was 210 pounds.

Today I loaded it with HP5+ and I'm looking forward to use it, however the mirror slap is more or less at the level of the mistreated Praktica MTL.
07-29-2015, 05:16 AM   #3084
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glenn
Nice familiy photo!

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I also like the uncluttered prism and viewfinder!
Still looking for a zebra for my K!
There is a zebra every now and then for sale on eBay, asking fantasy prices. :s
07-29-2015, 05:30 AM   #3085
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My first SLR was an Olympus OM-10 with the optional shutter speed adapter. Before buy my first Pentax, a brand New Pentax LX, I sold my Olympus to my uncle. This week, I couldn't resist it anymore and bought this Olympus OM-10 kit from a Norwegian internet market Place. I paid a total of 45 euros for the package.

This is a poor quality shot of the familiy before I split it up. I have given away the Vivitar Zoom, the flash I might keep, it functions and it is really small, the 135mm E.Zuiko lens I will try to sell. The camera I will hang on to, just for nostalgic reasons.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
D5803  Photo 
07-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #3086

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Nice collection of K
QuoteOriginally posted by rbnvrw Quote
I leave for Croatia in a few days, so I guess I'll have plenty of pictures when I return!
Nice collection Karénine!
Thank you guys, i'm really honoured you like it !

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Very nice! You might be interested in knowing that shoe polish works nicely on those vintage lens and camera cases.
Steve
Hi Steve ! I think I might try it this WE, i'll post a photo if I do so ! Thanks for the advice.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
PM me as you may be in luck!
Phil.
PS Mighty fine collection!
Let me get you back to you on that ! I watched your K series lens listing again and couldn't really figure out if you miss any of the K lenses, very impressive ! My collection is still a small one compared to yours but I think it's time for me to stop buying and take a good amount of time experimenting with each lens. Apart from the K 28mm f/3.5, which was my first K lens, I haven't had much time to shoot with the newcomers. Also i'd like to eventually add some reviews for the lenses and cameras but I don't feel comfortable yet doing it. By the way, thanks everybody for providing such great info on both the database and the forums. I feel I wouldn't have been able to figure out what I was really looking for without these.

QuoteOriginally posted by From1980 Quote
Lovely collection Karenine and I agree completely with your opinion of the K lenses. One or two more will complete my own collection but I remain as disappointed now as many years ago when the M line took over. As fine as many of the M and later A lenses are they just never again seemed as desirable for that certain elusive feel and quality the K lineup had. I think it was a short golden age of Pentax lenses and indeed an affair of the heart.
I wasn't born yet when it happened but I feel I perfectly understand what turnover this shift from the K to the M and A eras has been. I completly share your views on this matter.

The MX and KX were my first Pentax SLRs that set me on my current trend as well. Beautiful set!
Thanks LessDMess, i'm glad you like it. And i'm also interested in the fact i'm not the only who shares his love between MX and KX. From the reviews and forums, I feel one can clearly see a lot of people are either chosing the KX/K2/Kdmd or MX/LX line up. As for the lenses, K series are obviously my first pick but regarding cameras I would say the differences between line ups are only situationnal choices. They both offer benefits that one should capitilize on according to conditions (light photography session, studio, walk around the park, trip around the world, etc.). To me it's almost like there's less of a gap between the cameras than between the lenses.
07-30-2015, 06:18 AM   #3087
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Not really. Paris is very, very competitive for just about everything. I lived there for 8 years and scored very little, but I was not looking too hard either.
Paris is probably one of the worst place for scoring. I have really hard time to get anything nice at a decent price. People knows the "ebay price" too well here, and when anything pop on the market for a cheap price, someone buys it really fast. I mean in less than 3h no matter what it is.
07-30-2015, 09:44 AM - 3 Likes   #3088
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karénine Quote
Thanks LessDMess, i'm glad you like it. And i'm also interested in the fact i'm not the only who shares his love between MX and KX. From the reviews and forums, I feel one can clearly see a lot of people are either chosing the KX/K2/Kdmd or MX/LX line up. As for the lenses, K series are obviously my first pick but regarding cameras I would say the differences between line ups are only situationnal choices. They both offer benefits that one should capitilize on according to conditions (light photography session, studio, walk around the park, trip around the world, etc.). To me it's almost like there's less of a gap between the cameras than between the lenses.
For the purposes of full disclosure, I have an appreciation for the LX two . . .

Unfortunately, I only have one K lens . . . so far.
07-30-2015, 01:26 PM   #3089
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, I only have one K lens . . . so far.
07-30-2015, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #3090

These all came in the mail today and I am overwhelmed by the weight. Konica AutoReflex T with a 57mm 1.8, an OM-4T, Nikon FT3 with an AI'd 50mm f2 and a Konica AR 100mm 2.8 that I'm going g to keep even though I dislike Konica bodies. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438293836.675661.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  273.5 KB Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438293861.174204.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  284.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438293897.007888.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  270.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438293928.042042.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  74.1 KB