Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #3136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
My Bronica S2 has worked flawlessly for the past 3 years, and it's never been serviced AFAIK.
Either the S3 was improved, or it's a matter of hit or miss.

08-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #3137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Either the S3 was improved, or it's a matter of hit or miss.
S3?
I think it's (like all cameras) a bit hit and miss.
You could get a problematic Hasselblad just like you could get a problematic Bronica.
The earlier D, S, S2, EC, EC-TL Bronicas were probably a bit more problematic, but from what I've read, and in my experience, the ETR and SQ cameras are pretty dependable cameras.
08-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #3138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TheLens Quote
This KX belonged to my fiancee's dad. He bought it in '76 when they were living in England and kept it until he died in 2008. I didn't realize how dirty it was until I looked at the pics.

Looks good and it's easy to clean up. Send it to Eric for a CLA and it will come back looking like it did in 1976.

The KX and K55/1.8 is still my favorite combo.

Phil.
08-12-2015, 02:22 PM - 3 Likes   #3139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
From todays trip to Liseberg amusement park in Gothenburg. Portrait shot of my KX loaded with Ilford FP4 plus 125ASA.

Nor many around with a film camera.

The KX is a motor drive version. Cla by Eric. Really nice condition. A treat to use.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
D5803  Photo 
08-12-2015, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #3140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
From todays trip to Liseberg amusement park in Gothenburg. Portrait shot of my KX loaded with Ilford FP4 plus 125ASA.

Nor many around with a film camera.

The KX is a motor drive version. Cla by Eric. Really nice condition. A treat to use.
Nice camera but you need a better lens like a K55mm f1.8, BTW the A and M 50mm f2 and 1.7 are IMO too small to look "good" on K cameras.

On my side I bought after a long time a rangefinder, a curious hybrid between a Canon L1 and a VL:

Last edited by Cuthbert; 08-17-2015 at 01:36 PM.
08-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #3141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Nice camera but you need a better lens like a K55mm f1.8, BTW the A and M 50mm f2 and 1.7 are IMO too small to look "good" on K cameras.

Yes it is nice. The lens on the camera is there due to the optical performance, not the visual. It is not the A50mm but A28 f2. On the trip I stacked up with K135 f2.5 and M50 f1.4. Three great lenses. The K55 f1.8 stayed at home.

Ps: good looking range finder.
08-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #3142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
On my side I bought after a long time a rangefinder, a curious hybrid between a Canon L1 and a VL:
Lovely hunk of camera that. I have the Canon P and would like to add a Nikon rangefinder, but they are pricy.

08-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #3143
Pentaxian

Latest from the local junk bins, $5 each. 2x TC all contacts, Tokina 28-70, and ME Super. They even saved it for me.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
08-12-2015, 06:25 PM - 3 Likes   #3144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just had this Kodak Retinette Serviced. It is a relatively rare model worth having in my collection, even if I am no fan of automation.
This is an unusual point & shoot automatic version from 1959. One selects either day, or flash. Flash is 1/30 speed, and day varies from 1/30 to 1/250, with automatically selected aperture when needle in viewfinder is centered. The slowest speed would likely select the widest aperture, but there is no indication of either.

Last edited by arnold; 08-12-2015 at 06:45 PM.
08-17-2015, 01:49 PM - 3 Likes   #3145
Veteran Member

It's arrived!

08-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #3146
Forum Member

Bought this K1000 recently from a local used camera store. I've only ran one roll of film through it so far, but I haven't sent it in to get developed. Seems to work fairly well though. The Super-Tak 55 is from Keh. Very nice lens, but since the glass is golden it gives a weird "filter" colour on my K-50. Picture is cross posted from the K-50 picture thread. Lens used was the Tak (Bayonet) 135 f/2.5 at f/4. Love that lens when used within it's limitations.

08-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #3147
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I finished an experiment, and am VERY happy with the results.
on my older leaf shutter cameras, i often have to remove the shutter after purchase to clean out the gunk and old grease, to get the shutter working again. I have been using Naptha, (lighter fluid), and the process is somewhat a pain.
However I recently purchased a Zenobia 6x4.5 folder, and the shutter was mucked up as expected.
I pulled the glass, but left the shutter in place, and used a product used in auto shops for cleaning brake parts before assembly.
It cuts that old grease and the spray makes it easy as can be to use in place.
Marvelous results, and so much easier than removing the shutter and disassembly.
Running first roll of B&W through it now. Yay, good stuff.
08-19-2015, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #3148
Veteran Member

Brake clean is great for cleaning, but can be pretty nasty.

At home (my girlfriend and I do a fair bit of car work at home) we use either the brake cleaner from "Wurth" or from Bursons.

The Bursons one you probably won't find (aussie company) but the Wurth stuff is available globally.

Never had either of them damage automotive paint. (but, not all companies use the same formula)

Bear in mind though, that by their nature brake cleaners will remove grease and oil of any kind, so if you clean out something that's supposed to be oiled/greased you'll need to regrease it afterwards.

Use it in a well ventilated area, and ALWAYS have some kind of eye protection if using the aerosol versions (any kinds really, the fumes dry your eyes out and make them sting)
08-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #3149
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
Bear in mind though, that by their nature brake cleaners will remove grease and oil of any kind, so if you clean out something that's supposed to be oiled/greased you'll need to regrease it afterwards.

Use it in a well ventilated area, and ALWAYS have some kind of eye protection if using the aerosol versions (any kinds really, the fumes dry your eyes out and make them sting)
When I used it on my Yashica-C, I just did a quick squirt, freed it right up, and apparently left enough residual lube to keep it running smooth.
My Zenobia, that I just finished with, I really squirted and sprayed heavily, it seemed to run fine at first, but I must have really cleaned it out, because after I loaded a roll, it began sticking and acting badly. I used a bit of graphite and a small bit of sewing machine oil, and worked it until it smoothed out.

The stuff I used is bad for eyes, yes, but even bare skin is a problem, it pulls the oils out of skin almost immediately, and causes chemical burns very quickly. So yep, eye and skin protection is needed! I used a NAPA product.
08-19-2015, 07:40 PM   #3150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wear latex or nitrile gloves as well as eye protection. They're available most places that sell paint. Test with a drop of the stuff first to make sure the solvent won't dissolve them.