Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #3226
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kxjiru Quote
I am going to try that now. How vigorous should the rubbing be?
Relatively "firm" to remove any residue, but not too hard so as to damage the contact ... go easy at first ... fingers crossed. J

09-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #3227

Gear P0rn - post it if you got it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Relatively "firm" to remove any residue, but not too hard so as to damage the contact ... go easy at first ... fingers crossed. J

You, my friend, are a genius. I scrubbed it and nothing happened but then I looked at the battery cap! CORROSION! I scraped it off with a screwdriver and now I have working XE-7. Thank you so much.
09-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #3228
Pentaxian

You, my friend, are a genius. I scrubbed it and nothing happened but then I looked at the battery cap! CORROSION! I scraped it off with a screwdriver and now I have working XE-7. Thank you so much.
Excellent ! Enjoy ... J

PS - drop your battery cap in a bit of white vinegar for awhile and that will usually remove the better part of the corrosion.
09-10-2015, 05:51 AM - 3 Likes   #3229
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful! For me these end up being a bit big, but the MD 35-70 3.5 is an awesome lens, Leica sold it as well.

Here our cat checks the 7 and 5 out; he seems to like the Panda 5

for size, here's the 5 and an OM2n in a spy vs spy pose

That said, looking at photos, there's a big proportion of what I think are really good ones made with the Minoltas, these, and the TLR...

Congrats on getting the XE-7 working!

09-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #3230

That is a beautiful cat included in the picture - thanks!
09-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #3231

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Wonderful! For me these end up being a bit big, but the MD 35-70 3.5 is an awesome lens, Leica sold it as well.

Here our cat checks the 7 and 5 out; he seems to like the Panda 5

for size, here's the 5 and an OM2n in a spy vs spy pose

That said, looking at photos, there's a big proportion of what I think are really good ones made with the Minoltas, these, and the TLR...

Congrats on getting the XE-7 working!

It is a lot bigger than what I'm used too but the double exposure feature is so simple, I might just keep it. Also very nice cat!
09-10-2015, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #3232
Veteran Member

New case:

09-10-2015, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #3233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice looking Leica!

New case for the camera which i promptly had to repair due to deteriorating stitches, new filter case, a little family portrait of my Contessa gear.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-10-2015, 05:03 PM - 2 Likes   #3234
Veteran Member

My folder camera obsession is progressing unchecked and unfettered. The Solida III was joined last week by an Nettar 515/2 (with some shutter problems to be address but in otherwise very good shape) which I could use some help dating. I believe it's right around war-era or just barely after. It also came with a very nifty, very small, attachable and seemingly quite accurate Saymon-Brown rangefinder and separate leather case attached to the Nettar's case. I should have the first test roll from it back tomorrow then I'll figure out whether I'd like to have it CLA'd yet or not. (Speeds on the Compur-Rapid lower than 1/25 do not work at the moment.)
And just arrived today is another 6x9 folder, another Franka... later model (early 50's I believe) and very nice looking (quite nicer than I was expecting actually) Rolfix II also with Compur-Rapid and Rodenstock Trinar 105|3.5. It even came with a manual (though no case or mask for 6x6).
I think I may have a problem. I love these things.

09-11-2015, 05:57 AM - 3 Likes   #3235
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I think I may have a problem. I love these things
Welcome to the club... here are (most of) my 6x9 folders... I don't have as many 6x6's or 6x4.5's so I'm not completely insane. Or that is what my meds have convinced me of

09-11-2015, 06:05 AM   #3236
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the club... here are (most of) my 6x9 folders... I don't have as many 6x6's or 6x4.5's so I'm not completely insane. Or that is what my meds have convinced me of

The one at the far right looks like a Zeiss Super Ikonta C, a camera I used for a brief time before turning to an Asahi Pentax S. I had an insert for it that would convert to 4.5X6 cm format, the body having double red windows to correct the winding.
09-11-2015, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #3237
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Excellent ! Enjoy ... J
PS - drop your battery cap in a bit of white vinegar for awhile and that will usually remove the better part of the corrosion.
Great job getting the XE-7 back into operational status!

---------- Post added 09-11-15 at 10:51 AM ----------

It is a lot bigger than what I'm used too but the double exposure feature is so simple, I might just keep it. Also very nice cat!
I suppose that will depend on what you are used to.
What do you think of the film advance of the XE-7, is it the smoothest?

---------- Post added 09-11-15 at 10:56 AM ----------

I was perusing the local CL when I spotted this ad for an Epson 4990 in excellent condition complete with original box for nothing more than the effort to pick it up, "Want to get rid of it to somebody who will use it and would like to avoid putting it in the dump!"

I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was in fact in excellent shape in original box with everything it came with - including receipt, and working properly. Now where are those large format films I've been meaning to scan . . .
09-11-2015, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #3238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was in fact in excellent shape in original box with everything it came with - including receipt, and working properly. Now where are those large format films I've been meaning to scan . . .
I love it when the world gives so kindly and generously

---------- Post added 09-11-2015 at 12:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
looks like a Zeiss Super Ikonta C
it is the russian version thereof
09-11-2015, 09:55 AM   #3239
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was in fact in excellent shape in original box with everything it came with - including receipt, and working properly. Now where are those large format films I've been meaning to scan . .
Congratulations. Will you reveal what the price was new? I am not familiar with the model.

---------- Post added 09-11-15 at 01:25 PM ----------

I wound up finding specs on the scanner, where else, Google search. Everything says this was about the best of its type. About 10 years ago it sold for about $499 and a Pro model was $599. Found a review too and Ken Rockwell loved it-take that for what its worth. Looks like Epson`s next model was the V700.
09-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #3240
Veteran Member

I love it when the world gives so kindly and generously

---------- Post added 09-11-2015 at 12:48 PM ----------

it is the russian version thereof
Awesome "little" collection! So, is there a Moskva 5 in your future then?