Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #5371
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Fortunately my wife is pretty clueless when it comes to photo gear. I could park a Sigma Bigma right in front of her and she wouldn't know any different. She'd probably tell me to move it someplace else, cuz it's in the way.
Mine twigged on to the silver KP and silver DA20~40.

04-28-2018, 05:57 PM - 2 Likes   #5372
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Are you folk saying that my long-running single condition may have an advantageous side?

Steve
04-28-2018, 08:00 PM - 4 Likes   #5373
Veteran Member

i see a sil ver lens i want to paint it blaack
no purchasing no more i want them all sent baaack
04-28-2018, 08:22 PM   #5374
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Are you folk saying that my long-running single condition may have an advantageous side?

Steve
All my K-mount film cameras are black. Most of my screwmount cameras are silver - for a reason.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-28-2018 at 08:50 PM.
04-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #5375
Veteran Member

All my K-mount film cameras are black. Most of my screwmount cameras are silver - for a reason.
Ok. I'll take the bait.
Why are your K-mount film cameras black and your screwmount cameras silver?
04-28-2018, 10:43 PM   #5376
Pentaxian

Part of the reason why I don't buy silver coloured lenses (apart from that they look horrible).
04-29-2018, 09:41 AM - 3 Likes   #5377
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
i see a sil ver lens i want to paint it blaack
no purchasing no more i want them all sent baaack

Phil.

04-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #5378
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok. I'll take the bait.
Why are your K-mount film cameras black and your screwmount cameras silver?
It just worked out that way until I figured out that black is one film camera and silver is the other film camera. Except the FE2. That got a, “Nikon? I thought you only did Pentax.”
04-30-2018, 06:09 PM - 4 Likes   #5379
Pentaxian

The small body family adds a relative and a new way of viewing.....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-01-2018, 06:34 AM   #5380
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
The small body family adds a relative and a new way of viewing.....
Caveat if you intend to use the refconverter - and you are really lucky to get one in such near-mint condition. I have found that the 1X-2X are not quite parfocal, so if I adjust the eyepiece for a sharp focusing image at 1X, when I switch to 2X it's blurry. Setting the eyepiece focus @ 2X then going back to 1X the view is closer to in focus for my eye, but not quite. I'll emphasize this is the eyepiece focusing = adjusting for your eye, NOT the focusing of the lens.
05-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #5381
Pentaxian

Thanks for the primer Walter. I’ll probably leave it in the box as the regular VF works better with glasses.
05-03-2018, 11:37 AM - 3 Likes   #5382
Veteran Member

Full circle. My beginnings meet my current preferred ends...

Bought this Nikkormat FTn to shoot with for a while and give to my father who originally gave his to me back around 1993 (though it had only really been me that had been using it for the previous 5 years or so - my dad had moved to a fancy-for-the-time Minolta with auto-everything)... and which was stolen in 1999 as I mentioned elsewhere along with all the glass. Originally mine had a Nikkor 50/1.8, but this is pretty damn close. Sense memory strangeness shooting/handling one of these for the first time in nearly 2 decades. More than anything it's the feel and sound of the shutter that came flooding back - very distinct compared to anything else I've shot. Interestingly, I definitely don't love the way it handles and much prefer the Pentaxes now.... The FTn is even heavier than I remember and such a utilitarian build --- but it's going to fun putting a roll or two through before handing it off to my dad as a surprise when he gets back into town in a couple weeks.

Just loaded up a roll of TMax100, which was the last film I put through the old one in '99.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR  Photo 
05-03-2018, 06:02 PM   #5383
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

More than anything it's the feel and sound of the shutter that came flooding back - very distinct compared to anything else I've shot.
The original Copal "Square" does leave its mark on the consciousness. My first SLR was a Ricoh Singlex TLS with similar Copal shutter. I shot with that camera for over a decade and firing the shutter on my current TLS brings back a distinct sense of familiarity.

Steve
05-04-2018, 02:00 AM   #5384
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The original Copal "Square" does leave its mark on the consciousness. My first SLR was a Ricoh Singlex TLS with similar Copal shutter. I shot with that camera for over a decade and firing the shutter on my current TLS brings back a distinct sense of familiarity.
It really is a "familiarity" sort of thing... comforting. Though to be honest, I shot an entire roll through it today and it just doesn't do it for me any longer for a few reasons, without going into detail. I won't terribly mind handing it off to my dad. It's fun and nostalgic and nice to have around in the family. That shutter though. All smiles.

My Konica infatuation led me to pick up a T4 which I believe uses a similar Copal (I need to actually research what I picked up).... I'm looking forward that quite a bit. Freaking cameras....
05-07-2018, 01:23 AM - 2 Likes   #5385
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Finally took a few minutes to get a snap of my little M family.

ME Super and MX both underwent CLA with Eric this time last year.