Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9444 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2018, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #5386
Veteran Member

Movin’ up in the world. My last (and current meter) was a ~40 year old Sekonic 28C2. This new one looks fun, especially the 1 degree spot metering. (Sorry about the orientation)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone SE  Photo 
05-08-2018, 02:24 AM - 3 Likes   #5387
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From 1959 my Werra 1, filter set in a Wills Wiff's cigar box, Johnson's exposure calculator and Autoknips delayed action device which you hung off the cable release, all still working. As I was earning about £3 a week at the time I borrowed the money from my Grandaunt to be repaid at, I think, 10/- a month. The Werra cost £18 in London and in Dublin a year later there it was in a shop in O'Connell Street for £12. _ Pentax Q10 Photo
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
05-08-2018, 06:10 AM   #5388
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
From 1959 my Werra 1, filter set in a Wills Wiff's cigar box, Johnson's exposure calculator and Autoknips delayed action device which you hung off the cable release, all still working. As I was earning about £3 a week at the time I borrowed the money from my Grandaunt to be repaid at, I think, 10/- a month. The Werra cost £18 in London and in Dublin a year later there it was in a shop in O'Connell Street for £12. _ Pentax Q10 Photo
I can remember seeing those when they were new. I thought that the way the lens hood reversed to completely cover and protect the lens was a clever and innovative. I cannot remember any other camera that had such a feature, excluding modern P&S cameras where the lens retracts fully and is covered by shutter-like blades.
05-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #5389
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've just finished shooting a roll with my Werra. Mine is the later model with a light meter (although I use a modern handheld one). Good fun to play with but I find setting the exposure a bit flddly. Nice to see a set of filters.

K.

05-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #5390
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I remember looking at the Werramat some time ago and I noticed that the the grips for the shutter setting were more awkward than on this particular model.
05-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #5391
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Werra are so cool. A shop near me had one on the shelf for years, but with a very high price tag (> $300 USD). You should've kept it

Steve
05-09-2018, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #5392
Pentaxian

My wife volunteers at our local thrift store once a week and I usually stop by on the way back from the dump/recycling. This "TV" stand was on a bottom shelf looking lonely for $2.50. A new Program Plus without lens volunteered to debut its usefulness as the base even displays an 18% gray sticker as a reference.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #5393
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
My wife volunteers at our local thrift store once a week and I usually stop by on the way back from the dump/recycling. This "TV" stand was on a bottom shelf looking lonely for $2.50. A new Program Plus without lens volunteered to debut its usefulness as the base even displays an 18% gray sticker as a reference.
I would like to know how anyone thought a TV could be attached to that
05-09-2018, 11:10 PM - 2 Likes   #5394
Veteran Member

It'd be a big fat lie to state that I didn't enjoy this thing... and quite a lot at that. An unexpected surprise.
05-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #5395
Veteran Member

ncidentally... Haven't changed anything except 2 drops of Ronsonol and a cloth with a touch of Windex (also batteries of course - thought the meter was bad for the first 6 hours but turned out it was an entire bad pack of batteries), so it's fun to see the last film ran through this thing.

But my question is this: is there anything in this photo that makes anyone here as absolutely bananas as it does me? I
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
BBB100-1  Photo 
05-10-2018, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #5396
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I love it! I had a Testrite enlarger in the early 1970s and while that unit was a little on the shaky side, your copy stand looks to be quite sturdy. It may seem a bit anachronistic, given that we have easy access to document scanners, but there are some applications (e.g. framed art) where a copy stand still reigns. Are the lights hanging around the store anywhere? They should be a bracket (attaches to post) with two socketed reflectors on flexible arms similar to the photo below.

The photo was lifted from a personal Web page where the owner details how he uses it for macros of marbles...very fun.

Marble Photography Page 2

Steve
05-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #5397
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I would like to know how anyone thought a TV could be attached to that
My thought exactly.

---------- Post added 05-10-18 at 09:25 AM ----------

Steal of a deal! I've had a simliar new one sitting in my Ebay watch-list for about 2 years now ... Just too much money so there it stays and DSLR scanning remains stagnant. I need to check the flea markets!
05-10-2018, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #5398
Pentaxian

A tablet, duct tape, and a wire coat hanger would be a reasonable attempt around here even though we have some pretty good internet service out on the edge of nowhere.
05-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #5399
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
It'd be a big fat lie to state that I didn't enjoy this thing... and quite a lot at that. An unexpected surprise.
Much preferable to the Canon AE-1 competition, IMHO.

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
But my question is this: is there anything in this photo that makes anyone here as absolutely bananas as it does me?
Is the cover pulling loose? The position of the memo thingy?

Steve
05-10-2018, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #5400
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Is the cover pulling loose? The position of the memo thingy?
Steve
The covering is shruken a bit, but much less than most I've seen that are untouched and not yet pulling away - that *could* be it if it were worse, but it isn't.
Yup... the damn memo. I'm OCD crazy about them. I trim them, if I have time, with scissors. I can't stand it when they stick out of the top of the holder.