Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2018, 02:21 PM - 3 Likes   #5551
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My latest purchase. A Pentax PC35AF-M from 1984. It cost a whopping £2 from a bric-a-brac stall at the local country fair, including two working AA batteries! I quadrupled its value by putting a film in it.

Pentax PC35AF-M par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

07-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #5552
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
My latest purchase. A Pentax PC35AF-M from 1984. It cost a whopping £2 from a bric-a-brac stall at the local country fair, including two working AA batteries! I quadrupled its value by putting a film in it.

I wonder what the -M designation changes from the normal PC35AF.
07-02-2018, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #5553
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
I wonder what the -M designation changes from the normal PC35AF.
It has a built-in motor drive rather than one as an add-on extra.
07-03-2018, 07:06 AM   #5554
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I’ve picked up probably four of those (with and without motor) in the past few years and have yet to find one that actually worked 😕

They seem to be fragile... but I’ve heard they have decent lenses...

-Eric

07-03-2018, 09:31 AM   #5555
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I’ve picked up probably four of those (with and without motor) in the past few years and have yet to find one that actually worked 😕

-Eric
I bought a good one in fantastic shape for about 10 bucks a couple months ago. Works great. It easily misses focus if you're not *very* careful and deliberate with your spot but overall it's a nice little camera and the lens is pretty nice indeed. (I need to put another fresh roll through it - this is one of the few decent ones from the very expired and magenta shifted roll I shot with it so far).

---------- Post added 07-03-18 at 09:33 AM ----------

Whoa - hosted on Ipernity? They're still around? I was there for quite awhile during the first mass Flickr exodus and then not long after everyone just sort of fell away from that site.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pentax PC35 AF-M  Photo 
07-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #5556
Pentaxian

-Eric
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I bought a good one in fantastic shape for about 10 bucks a couple months ago. Works great. It easily misses focus if you're not *very* careful and deliberate with your spot but overall it's a nice little camera and the lens is pretty nice indeed. (I need to put another fresh roll through it - this is one of the few decent ones from the very expired and magenta shifted roll I shot with it so far).

Whoa - hosted on Ipernity? They're still around? I was there for quite awhile during the first mass Flickr exodus and then not long after everyone just sort of fell away from that site.
The PC35AF and (-m) is about the only point-n-shoot film camera I've heard good things about around here.

Maybe it needs its own picture thread
07-03-2018, 10:45 AM   #5557
Pentaxian

-Eric
From roughly what year do these cameras date??

07-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #5558
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Mid-1980s. There are three versions as far as I'm aware. The AF-M is autofocus plus motordrive and was the last of the bunch. (This is from memory - someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

---------- Post added 07-03-18 at 11:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
The PC35AF and (-m) is about the only point-n-shoot film camera I've heard good things about around here.

Maybe it needs its own picture thread
I personally prefer my compact Konicas by quite a margin, but the PC35 is quite nice. Also it's has the spring-loaded-released lens cover and flash pop-up, which is very Matrix-style flip-phone sort of fun. It makes a "SHHHHHHINNNKH!" sound when you open it.
07-03-2018, 11:48 PM   #5559
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
According to camerapedia the original was 1982 and the -M was 1984.

---------- Post added 07-04-18 at 07:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote

Yup, Ipernity still going. Quiet but classy. Flickr is still a pug-ugly mess.
07-04-2018, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #5560

A nice Pentax P-50
Attached Images

07-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #5561
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by renno61 Quote
A nice Pentax P-50
Very nice!

Phil.
07-05-2018, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #5562
Veteran Member

Popped one of my PC35 AF-M and Konica C35 EF
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR  Photo 
07-05-2018, 04:13 PM - 2 Likes   #5563
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Resurrected Spottie

I found the Spotmatic locked up in a thrift store.
I wanted the lens, so I made them an offer.
When I got home, I tried to fix the camera, and somehow it worked. Hooray lighter fluid and light oil...

Apologies for being in the photo, but this is from a test roll that had two other bodies on it... I shot a photo of each camera, shot some photos with it, then pulled the film and put it in the next one... the Spottie was #3/3 after a Mamiya DTL and a Cosina 1000...

-Eric
07-05-2018, 05:50 PM - 5 Likes   #5564
Veteran Member

Met up for coffee and photos with my friend and fellow member GerryM. He brought his gorgeous Tower 46 (Nicca 5L) with Canon 50/1.8, and I had my Canon 7 with 50/2.2

07-05-2018, 08:51 PM   #5565
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Met up for coffee and photos with my friend and fellow member GerryM. He brought his gorgeous Tower 46 (Nicca 5L) with Canon 50/1.8, and I had my Canon 7 with 50/2.2
Coffee seems to have been secondary on the agenda since it's nowhere to be seen