Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9437 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2020, 09:22 AM   #6736
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I used two of those in the film era.
Amazingly enough, mine works well on the K-3 with most of the dedication functions still supported. There is no TTL (supported on LX and Super Program) of course, but appropriate apertures are set and so on as if it were an AF360FGZ in auto mode.

Steve

03-24-2020, 09:35 AM - 7 Likes   #6737
Forum Member

First post...

I am the new owner of a 1970-ish SP black paint and four SMC Takumars... $80 for the set. The body was jammed, but a little coaxing on the shutter blinds at the same time as the advance lever got it moving... some exercise got it all working well. The speeds sound appropriate... or close enough. The light seals look good. I wanted this gear when I was a kid and it was new... of course in those days I was working above minimum wage at $1.65 an hour... and all this gear would have been pushing $1000 new. I only paid $150 for my first car!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
03-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #6738
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hepcat Quote
I am the new owner of a 1970-ish SP black paint and four SMC Takumars... $80 for the set. The body was jammed, but a little coaxing on the shutter blinds at the same time as the advance lever got it moving... some exercise got it all working well. The speeds sound appropriate... or close enough. The light seals look good. I wanted this gear when I was a kid and it was new... of course in those days I was working above minimum wage at $1.65 an hour... and all this gear would have been pushing $1000 new. I only paid $150 for my first car!
Beautiful and welcome to the forum!

Post some pictures after you get your first roll developed.

Phil.
03-24-2020, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #6739
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Wow! That is about all I can say about this kit and about the price paid. Be sure and share your photos here once you do some shooting. I suggest the long-running and very active thread linked below...

:cool: Lets see those ''film'' shots - PentaxForums.com

Steve

03-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #6740
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am the new owner of a 1970-ish SP black paint and four SMC Takumars
I like the style of those old lens caps! Are they a bayonet fit, like on older 6x7 lenses?
03-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #6741
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
I like the style of those old lens caps! Are they a bayonet fit, like on older 6x7 lenses?
They're just slip on, with a little bit of felt around the inside edges to keep them tight.
03-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #6742
Forum Member

Wow... thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Yes, it's a sweet setup. I thought it was a killer deal. Those lenses are in like-new condition. And yes the lens caps are slide on with felt around the rim. I'm working my way through the first roll now. I'll be sure to get some of those posted here after they're processed.

03-24-2020, 07:33 PM - 3 Likes   #6743
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is the one that started it all for my wife back in 1986. ME super, 1:2 50mm, and case. I just wish I could take pics as well as she can. lol
Attached Images

03-25-2020, 06:05 AM - 2 Likes   #6744
Pentaxian

I took these to answer a query on the UK forum but thought I would post it here too. I'm a bit of a sucker for having the right period accessories to go with my cameras when I am using them!

lightmeter par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

The next item was helpfully labelled by the previous owner.

lens hood case par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

lens hood and case par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Cheers, Kris.
03-25-2020, 06:27 AM - 2 Likes   #6745
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I took these to answer a query on the UK forum but thought I would post it here too. I'm a bit of a sucker for having the right period accessories to go with my cameras when I am using them!

lightmeter par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

The next item was helpfully labelled by the previous owner.

lens hood case par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

lens hood and case par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Cheers, Kris.
I wouldn't call that being a sucker...it's being a good collector. In my case it's OCD...when I see a KX with an A lens it bugs me. I have a large Exakta collection and I try to match all accessories to what was available. I even buy old Popular Photography mags from the 50s to get it right...God forbid I put a semi-auto lens and a 1953 body.

03-25-2020, 08:42 AM - 2 Likes   #6746
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We are all weird
I love seeing and using old lenses on DSLR or later gen film bodies, but I don't like to see A lenses or newer in older bodies despite knowing that they also work.
Yup, we are a bunch of weirdos!

Thanks,
03-25-2020, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #6747
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
We are all weird
I love seeing and using old lenses on DSLR or later gen film bodies, but I don't like to see A lenses or newer in older bodies despite knowing that they also work.
Yup, we are a bunch of weirdos!

Thanks,
Wow, you guys are weird

I actually really like being able to mount new stuff on the old stuff...

DA40XS on the ZX-L? Sure. It's awesome.

F70-210 on the K1000? better than the old 80-200 with separated elements...
I'm wondering how good the new 70-210 f4 is wide open and whether it will manual focus without power just for this reason...

And I'd love love love to have a 31 LTD to go with my KX/MX... heck, any of the FA limiteds would be great on that pair...

SMC Takumar on the H1a? yes, please...

-Eric
03-25-2020, 12:28 PM - 4 Likes   #6748
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She's a BRICK......Howse !!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-450  Photo 
03-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #6749
Pentaxian

Is that an alternate lens for the brick? I knew they existed, but I've never seen one before.

Also quite like the red leatherette on that left one.
03-25-2020, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #6750
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it is a 100mm 4.5. I love that red and black combo. Whoever replaced the center band with the red did an awesome job with matching the pattern and installation.
« Film Stocks | - »