Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2020, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #6871
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
LX 2000 & A50/1.2 "Special"

Phil.
It's so... BEAUTIFUL... I wonder how much longer I can resist...

06-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #6872
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote
Ooh, very nice.

One thing I really like about the 'newer' LX-2000 is Pentax added a camera strap pin to the grip,
providing strap pins on both sides of the camera when the grip is attached.
I liked this feature so much, I found a LX grip w/pin for use on my other 'older' LX.
Thanks! Yep the grip/strap combo are very nice and add to the looks of the LX 2000.

Phil.

---------- Post added 29-06-20 at 07:35 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
It's so... BEAUTIFUL... I wonder how much longer I can resist...
Thanks! There are a couple on eBay....

---------- Post added 29-06-20 at 07:36 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Wow!!!

What was the shutter count on it .
Thanks.

I've ran two rolls through my LX 200 and it looks like the previous owner/owners did about the same. My guess is less than 10 rolls overall??

Phil.
06-29-2020, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #6873
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I've ran two rolls through my LX 200 and it looks like the previous owner/owners did about the same. My guess is less than 10 rolls overall??

Phil.
You have the even more rare LX200 . . .

It is a shame that some people don't usually shoot these exotics. As a practical matter these electromechanical jewels benefit from at least some exercise.

I definitely want a 2000 or Titanium version although I wouldn't turn down the gold version in the right circumstances!
06-29-2020, 01:41 PM - 2 Likes   #6874
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting that a clean User LX2000 with A50/1.2 Special can be had for just a couple hundred more than DFA*85/1.4

06-29-2020, 03:13 PM   #6875
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Interesting that a clean User LX2000 with A50/1.2 Special can be had for just a couple hundred more than DFA*85/1.4
The lens alone usually sells for $1800+
IMHO, the ILX-2000 & A50/1.2 Special combo are well worth the current market price.
And as Phil mentioned, are very smooth operators.

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
You have the even more rare LX200 . . .

It is a shame that some people don't usually shoot these exotics. As a practical matter these electromechanical jewels benefit from at least some exercise.

I definitely want a 2000 or Titanium version although I wouldn't turn down the gold version in the right circumstances!
Here is a link to some photos from my ILX-2000's 1st roll of film.
:cool: Lets see those ''film'' shots - Page 1324 - PentaxForums.com
I took the A50/1.2 with me that day, but the photos within this link were taken with FA*24 & FA31 lenses.
I was planning to take the ILX-2000 on our European River Cruise this past Spring. Unfortunately, and not surprisingly, the Cruise was cancelled

Last edited by Moe49; 06-30-2020 at 03:33 PM.
06-30-2020, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #6876
Pentaxian

Ooh, very nice.

One thing I really like about the 'newer' LX-2000 is Pentax added a camera strap pin to the grip,
providing strap pins on both sides of the camera when the grip is attached.
I liked this feature so much, I found a LX grip w/pin for use on my 'older' LX, too.
I'd love to get my hands on a grip with the side-attachment. I really dislike dangling the LX from the far end.
06-30-2020, 09:05 AM   #6877
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'd love to get my hands on a grip with the side-attachment. I really dislike dangling the LX from the far end.
I found one with the side-attachment on Ebay, Feb. 2019.
I set the Ebay email notification for "Pentax LX Grip", and one in Japan showed up for sale within ~4 weeks.

07-03-2020, 11:19 AM - 7 Likes   #6878
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Asahi Pentax S

I never thought owning an Asahi Pentax S to complete my early Pentax SLR collection would happen. Only approximately 4,900 were produced. Then I spied this for sale on Pentaxians FB for 300 Euros. Several messages and I had it on the way for $290 USD including shipping and fees!!!
The best part- I bought this camera from Gerjan Van Oosten, the author of "The Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide 1952 - 1977", who purchased the well cared for camera on a trip to Belgium.
Direct from the Netherlands to my collection-and it arrived on my Birthday!!
These are just quick photos, I need to pair it with an appropriate Takumar lens and then photograph the AP/S/K trifecta together.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Last edited by steamloco76; 07-05-2020 at 06:16 AM.
07-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #6879
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I never thought owning an Asahi Pentax S to complete my early Pentax SLR collection would happen. Only approximately 4,900 were produced. Then I spied this for sale on Pentaxians FB for 300 Euros. Several messages and I had it on the way for $390 USD including shipping and fees.
The best part- I bought this camera from Gerjan Van Oosten, the author of "The Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide 1952 - 1977", who purchased the well cared for camera on a trip to Belgium.
Direct from the Netherlands to my collection-and it arrived on my Birthday!!
These are just quick photos, I need to pair it with an appropriate Takumar lens and then photograph the AP/S/K trifecta together.
The "S" was my first 35mm camera of any kind, purchased when I was in high school. Had the f2.2 Takumar, later added the 135mm f3.5 preset and also both 250mm f5.6 and 400mm f5.6 Pieskar (sp?) lenses (they should have labeled both of these, especially the 400mm, "soft focus"). For a short time I had a 300mm f4 Takumar, probably the original version as the diaphragm was manual not preset.
07-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #6880
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
and also both 250mm f5.6 and 400mm f5.6 Pieskar (sp?) lenses (they should have labeled both of these, especially the 400mm, "soft focus")
Piesker & Co., Berlin. Mostly made telephoto lenses for Exakta & m42 cameras, though they also made at least one wide-angle lens as well as some lenses for the medium format Primarflex. Fairly small company that possibly existed prewar, and remarkably hard to find decent information on.

More surprising: despite what you'd think from that camera lineup, all sources seem agree that they were based in West Berlin.
07-03-2020, 08:36 PM   #6881
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations on the S! I'd love to see that trifecta together. Still my dream!
07-04-2020, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #6882
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Piesker & Co., Berlin. Mostly made telephoto lenses for Exakta & m42 cameras, though they also made at least one wide-angle lens as well as some lenses for the medium format Primarflex. Fairly small company that possibly existed prewar, and remarkably hard to find decent information on.

More surprising: despite what you'd think from that camera lineup, all sources seem agree that they were based in West Berlin.
Thanks for the spelling correction and the limited information available. The 250mm was made, I'm pretty sure, of aluminum with a brushed aluminum finish. The preset mechanism was a single ring type, pull forward then push back when the index mark was at the desired f-stop, then the single ring could be twisted from wide-open to preset aperture. I rarely used it at anything but wide open and f8. No idea what the lens formula was but it was relatively simple. The 400mm 5.6 was really long, possibly a "long focus" lens rather than a true telephoto. I suspect it was a simple achromatic doublet . The barrel had a black crinkle finish. The single aperture ring was not preset but as I remember did have detectable-by-touch "clicks" at each full f-stop. There was a small ring at the back, about the length of the smallest extension tube in a standard set, that could be locked from turning with a little set-screw. That allowed rotation of the camera body to vertical and probably simplified making lenses for at least two different camera mounts.
07-06-2020, 12:51 PM - 3 Likes   #6883
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just picked up this auto 110, it goes well with the Minolta. It is missing a few things to make it a complete kit and I posted them in the wanted section.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G960U  Photo 
07-07-2020, 01:19 AM - 2 Likes   #6884
Pentaxian

the ILX-2000 & A50/1.2 Special combo are well worth the current market price....
Just LX. The "I" bit is simply the fancy font Pentax used for the LX.

Best wishes, Kris.
07-07-2020, 01:27 AM   #6885
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote

Some information here: ASTRO, Piesker und TEWE Objektive aus Berlin by Photo but More

The company was founded 1936, when there was nothing like West- or East-Berlin.