Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2020, 09:05 PM - 7 Likes   #7276
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Whats not to like about black cameras and black and silver lenses?

The smallest (??) 135mm lens by Tamron on a Pentax S2 Super.

Some fellow 135mm lenses on parade.
Beautiful, enviable set!

My first Pentax slr acquisition was a rather ignoble transaction and the seller wasn't trying to impress (given the price) as they came in a plastic shopping bags . . .

Inside the disintegrating camera cases were a K1000SE and an MX. This was the MX that changed my perspective about manual focus SLRs!

Another shopping bag of lenses too and some came in leather lens cases too . . .

This was some years ago now and I have since tested everything. Both cameras were good to go and the four Pentax lenses have proven themselves. I was using Canon "L" lenses just prior so I didn't think much about these lenses since they were used and cheap. After much use, they have since proven to be exceptional performers. Used properly, they will not be the reason I can't get good results!

12-01-2020, 01:40 AM - 1 Like   #7277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Whats not to like about black cameras and black and silver lenses?

The smallest (??) 135mm lens by Tamron on a Pentax S2 Super.

Some fellow 135mm lenses on parade.
Not sure why I wrote Tamron. It is of course a Fujita 135mm F4.5. The Tamron from the same (?) time period is much larger...
Attached Images

12-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #7278
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Mamiya Sekor answer to the Spotmatic II (non functional) taken with Macro Takumar 50/4 on K-r.
The camera is now reasonably functional after some Ballistol cleaner-lubricant applied to the mechanism under the baseplate. Nice, bright viewfinder too.
12-01-2020, 03:31 PM - 5 Likes   #7279
Veteran Member

Cosina CX-2 with motor drive, and CX-M underwater housing.

12-02-2020, 03:49 AM - 4 Likes   #7280
Pentaxian

by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

JAPAN
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
12-02-2020, 09:12 AM - 2 Likes   #7281
Pentaxian

I finally paired my E-PM1 with a true keeper:

12-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #7282
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
I finally paired my E-PM1 with a true keeper:

Technically this thread is for film gear (it's in the film sub-forum). I think a purge has been performed in the past.

Still, I'd be interested in how this lens performs as these little f/2.8 Sigmas have intrigued me for their low price and unique focal lengths. Not that I have a m4/3 body to use them on, but I did recently see a PM1 for sale for €50...

12-03-2020, 09:17 AM   #7283
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Technically this thread is for film gear (it's in the film sub-forum). I think a purge has been performed in the past.
Whoops! my bad. Funny as I do post here, but most of my gear is either film cameras or legacy lenses, so I did not know I fitted in until now posting this full-fledged digital kit.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Still, I'd be interested in how this lens performs as these little f/2.8 Sigmas have intrigued me for their low price and unique focal lengths. Not that I have a m4/3 body to use them on, but I did recently see a PM1 for sale for €50...

Most shots I've taken are of my child/family, thus I do not share them on Flickr or here. There are a few fair samples in this Flickr album (my album) Sigma 19mm 2.8 EX DN | Flickr

I love the combo as a point-and-shoot. But note I also used it for a long exposure night shot for my X-mas decorations - photo in the album linked above.

I got the lens with hood and caps for $90 from KEH. It was "priced to sell". I did not see other copies on ebay for less.

PS = the Art version is optically the saem as this one; they made changes to the barrel/grip.

PPS = the E-PM1 is a great small camera. SMALL. Good colours, ISO only 200 minimum. No focus peak, so MF is hard. I'd recommend if paired with some AF small glass, not for legacy glass use (albeit if you have 5 minutes to set up your shot, yeah why not. I've taken shots with my Rokkor 58/1.4 and those are pretty too - see this other album = Rokkor-PF 58mm 1.4 | Flickr )
12-03-2020, 11:26 AM - 2 Likes   #7284
Pentaxian

My c.1947 Kershaw Raven has come back from being refurbished. It has a nice new set of pin-hole free bellows. I've run a roll of film through it and will post those in the B&W Film Images thread.

Nov 21: Kershaw Raven par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
12-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #7285
Veteran Member

As someone interested in getting a medium format folder at some point, are bellows problems an issue? Ie is someone making reasonably priced quality replacements?
12-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #7286
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
As someone interested in getting a medium format folder at some point, are bellows problems an issue? Ie is someone making reasonably priced quality replacements?
Almost always. They develop pinholes at the folds. There is a British company that makes them called Custom Bellows: Custom Bellows

If you are in the US, Jurgen Kreckel repairs and services folders (certo6.com) and he buys his bellows from Custom Bellows. The price is pretty good and he does a lovely job. Postage across the pond and back plus import duties etc. made this a little more expensive than I would have hoped.

Best wishes, Kris.
12-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #7287
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
If you are in the US, Jurgen Kreckel repairs and services folders (certo6.com)
Jurgen is the man on this side of the pond.

Steve
12-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #7288
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Jurgen is the man on this side of the pond.

Steve
I couldn't find anyone this side of the pond so I sent it to him. Lovely job, but postage and tax was a bit of a killer. If it hadn't been for covid-19 I would have got him to send it to my in-laws and collected it the next time I am in New York, but who knows when that'll be at the moment.
12-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #7289
Veteran Member

Thanks for the reply. It’s a great looking camera.
12-03-2020, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #7290
Pentaxian

I reckon this one belongs! Dental Eye III at full flash!

And resting: