Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #61
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I'm starting to enjoy these "sky is falling" rumors and all the hand-wringing they provoke.
Over the years I have heard more misinformation from shopkeepers than anyone else.

Chris
Love this.... and so true, Even when I tried to point the case in the other direction they pretty much demanded satisfaction and made them selves right. Basically making me feel like the miss informed consumer and local town idiot. Well.... this with the Crazy prices they demand now (almost 17.00 for a roll of fuji velvia 100) I will not be shopping less I have no other choice. Side note, As I drove past one of there other shops on my way out of town this weekend I seen a "store closing" sign.......... 3 left (they had 4 locations this on being the biggest)

03-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #62
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
All it takes is one rumor post on the Internet and speculation becomes fact. Kodak film products have continued to be widely available and well-supported. In addition, Kodak has been very vocal in the press about the viability and continued support of its film product lines.

Sooo...how to combat this sort of rumor? I guess someone in marketing can monitor the various online forums and post informative comments to counter the rumors. Or perhaps they could have targeted ads on Facebook featuring busty women assuring us that all is well in Rochester?

Steve
Just so I can come across clear, I my self didn't post this to be a so called Rumor as it may have been taking as. I wanted it to be a medium where a Rumor could be clarified as fact or fiction. Reality in truth is all I search for.
03-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #63
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My Google response time to a query searching for further information on this topic was limited to slide films and took 0.0046 seconds to return 1,146,785 results. I concluded the post was incorrect, investigated further and made my Reply about the iPhone app.

Checking before posting such as this is a good habit to form.
I did check "google" as well as Yahoo, and Bing...... The point being I was told direct from a local Rochester store by a local Kodak Sales rep..... That was "NEW" news as in not out in the pipe line long enough to hit the internet.... Kind of like insider trading. But as so hard with the speaking to get a certain point across it becomes even harder to avoid speculation on ones intention in email form. I also stated I was in search of the truth... and I got it. Well the truth as it stands today from Kodaks PR.... guess I helped us all with something otherwise has been Film shooters minds as well local hype from the coffee table
03-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #64
Forum Member

Original Poster
Bad thing is... I don't have any apple products.... lol
Oh and I don't know how to quote multiple people so my post is one and not 5 .......... Help?? lol

03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by apathey2131978 Quote
Bad thing is... I don't have any apple products.... lol
Oh and I don't know how to quote multiple people so my post is one and not 5 .......... Help?? lol
Just to the left of the Quote button is a button that looks like a sheet of paper. That is the Mulit-Quote button. Click it in each post you want to quote then click the Post Reply button.
03-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #66
Pentaxian

I did check "google" as well as Yahoo, and Bing...... The point being I was told direct from a local Rochester store by a local Kodak Sales rep..... That was "NEW" news as in not out in the pipe line long enough to hit the internet.... Kind of like insider trading. But as so hard with the speaking to get a certain point across it becomes even harder to avoid speculation on ones intention in email form. I also stated I was in search of the truth... and I got it. Well the truth as it stands today from Kodaks PR.... guess I helped us all with something otherwise has been Film shooters minds as well local hype from the coffee table

Funny, I am a film shooter and this was not on my mind. I wouldn't have considered it newsworthy and the insider info would not have added any value as it is yet just another bit of noise.

I believe there is a forum called rumors for these things . . .
03-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #67
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Just to the left of the Quote button is a button that looks like a sheet of paper. That is the Mulit-Quote button. Click it in each post you want to quote then click the Post Reply button.
Thank you!!

03-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did check "google" as well as Yahoo, and Bing...... The point being I was told direct from a local Rochester store by a local Kodak Sales rep.....
I think the observation is - no one who would talk to me could possibly know anything newsworthy that "hasn't yet hit the internet." And if someone who would talk to me did know something really, truly inside such as this, that person would never talk about such things with anyone such as me.
03-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #69
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think the observation is - no one who would talk to me could possibly know anything newsworthy that "hasn't yet hit the internet." And if someone who would talk to me did know something really, truly inside such as this, that person would never talk about such things with anyone such as me.
I can see your point.... and can agree. Enough said....least the answer is out here now. That is all i ever wanted.
03-11-2013, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So the good news is that Kodak plans to continue making film - for now.
At least they claim to. Of course everything could change tomorrow.
Their track record lately has been pretty poor though, so nothing is certain.
My advice is to buy the product and use it while you can.

Chris
03-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #71
Forum Member

From a marketing standpoint, I wonder if making bulk film more available might have a positive impact on sales. Years ago when I was strictly B&W I kept 1 Lloyd loader filled with 125 and another with 400, and the convenience and ability to tailor roll length to a situation probably led me to shoot more film than I would've had I been limited to whatever factory lengths were available. Since I no longer have a home darkroom I've converted primarily to color and would very much love to do the same.

As far as I can tell, color film from anybody appears to be limited to 24 and 36-exposure rolls these days. I found the 12-exp. rolls to be at times very handy and would love to get my hands on some more.
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #72
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Brad_Olson Quote
As far as I can tell, color film from anybody appears to be limited to 24 and 36-exposure rolls these days.
I don't know that I have ever seen color film in 100' bulk rolls. The main problem these days would be making sure that the canisters are compatible with and properly encoded for the processor machinery.

Steve
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #73
Forum Member

Original Poster
Its old stock but Portra came in 100ft rolls. You can find them time to time floating around online.