Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AG117 Quote
From time to time there are similar problems with the Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 + Vuescan. Restart helps only. Do not forget to calibrate before scanning.
i tried it in win 7, installed the original program and drivers as per the suggestion of the 2nd poster here... however... i get the same thing... hmmm...

03-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ponggo Quote
here is my question... installed vuescan... however, it cannot detect my scanner. what should i do? im using a mac osx thanks!
I have always had very good results with VueScan. I see these days it comes in 2 versions, x64 and x32. Are you certain you've downloaded the correct version? Which Mac have you? And which OS?
03-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #18

Before I have bought Vuescan I used an original software on Win7 (64) with these instructions.
03-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
I have always had very good results with VueScan. I see these days it comes in 2 versions, x64 and x32. Are you certain you've downloaded the correct version? Which Mac have you? And which OS?
For Mac OS it doesn't matter which version you use. Unless, like me, the scanner doesn't have a 64bit driver.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Try to download the TWAIN driver for the DiMAGE and tell Vuescan to use it.

Steve
The TWAIN driver for Mac OS hasn't been updated since 2006. Even worse it was PPC only. So it won't work with anything newer than 10.5. You can't even launch the installer program because it is PPC only, and Apple doesn't support Rosetta anymore. If the installer had been a PKG file instead of a self contained app you would at least be able to extract the driver file...not that it would do any good.

03-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
For Mac OS it doesn't matter which version you use. Unless, like me, the scanner doesn't have a 64bit driver.

The TWAIN driver for Mac OS hasn't been updated since 2006. Even worse it was PPC only. So it won't work with anything newer than 10.5. You can't even launch the installer program because it is PPC only, and Apple doesn't support Rosetta anymore. If the installer had been a PKG file instead of a self contained app you would at least be able to extract the driver file...not that it would do any good.
it doesnt even work for the windows... i installed it... even the software that they gave in the site. hmmmm....
03-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #21

Original Poster
i found an old laptop... formatted it to win xp... installed the old program... there... a bit better... at least it got the circular border... but the image... is still garbled! any other tricks?
03-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Consult a necromancer?
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Consult a necromancer?
ok got so pissed... and don't know what to do anymore...

so guess what i did... opened up the whole thing... cleaned all the lenses... and glass elements and all...

after a few tries with the win xp computer nothing... decided to try out in the mac... guess what... it scanned properly with vuescan!

do you have experience with vuescan? does it have the digital ice thing? thanks!

03-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
VueScan makes use of infrared scanning for color slides & negatives, but it uses its own algorithm for cleaning.

He has a user's guide, really just a quick start...

VueScan User's Guide
03-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #25

Original Poster
ok... this thing has gremlins in it... now... it is not scanning again!!!! arrrrgggghhhh!!!!
03-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #26

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ponggo Quote
ok... this thing has gremlins in it... now... it is not scanning again!!!! arrrrgggghhhh!!!!
any other ideas?

there was one time that it scanned a couple of slides... but after that... nothing again...
03-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #27

Photos: Albums
i Use Canoscan Lide 700F
a bit too blue on the calibration

Disposable Fuji; Superia 200; Canoscan Lide 700f - 2400 dpi, resize, crop,