Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Introducing the MZ-5N and some lenses

Hi every one,

A long time ago I got some money from my aunt and I decided to buy a photocamera. People in the shop strongly recommended the Pentax MZ-5n as I said I wished to have as many manual functions as possible. Of course this was long before the digital era.

I'm seeing a lot of very beautiful Pentax film cameras in this section of the forum but still many years later Iím really happy with the purchase on my dear aunty's costs. First lenses were also by Pentax: 28-70 and I'm especially satisfied with my Pentax SMC AF 1.4/50. Shot many pictures with both. Although I shoot with a digital camera as well (considering buying a new one) I love film.

Over the last few years I've been photographing even more. I also bought 2 more lenses. Pentax SMC-A 70-210 Makro and an Auto Revuenon 1:2.8/135. I understand that the opinions on the latter vary.

These days I'm shooting on black/white (HP 5) with the Auto Revuenon and I'm quite interested what will come out.

Now I've got this question. My zoomlens 70-210 seems to cause some interesting color effects. Actually they're far from real. I suppose this is what is called 'purple fringe'. Or may be the scan in the shop wasn't done correctly. Anyway I like the Makro function very much and the strange color effects even add an expressionist feel. Always interesting to read about any similar experiences.

If anybody knows wether Pentax lenses fit the digital Canon 5D MarkII that info would be very welcome as well. Just wondering. And what's the best way to have your film negatives scanned ? In a special scanner or in an other way.

In general I'd like to hear from you if you have the MZ-5n or any of the above mentioned lenses.

Looking forward to any reactions !

Cheers

Attached Images

03-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Did you do a search within the forum to see if that topic has been discussed? I can't help you, but maybe a search can. I've been shooting B&W film lately, really enjoying it.
03-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are in fact quite a few threads about using pentax lenses on canon- I believe that generally only a small modification is needed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stef Quote
If anybody knows wether Pentax lenses fit the digital Canon 5D MarkII
They will fit...sort of. K-mount lenses require an appropriate adapter and surgery to remove the aperture actuator lever. There is also a possible issue with rear element clearance from the mirror with some lenses having deeper rear elements. The solution there is to grind the mirror a bit. The situation is a little brighter for M42 screwmount glass. With those the mirror clearance is the only issue.

Steve