Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Olivier, you can download the manual for your MZ-S from Pentax's website: Downloads & Literature - PENTAX Imaging USA

Initially, it seems that you may have the leader out function set. The manual will discuss how to change that Pentax Function. You have the option of leaving a tail out of the film cassette or rewinding it completely into the cassette.

You may also be able to find a manual from KEH eBay if you prefer a printed and bound manual.

04-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brofkand Quote
Olivier, you can download the manual for your MZ-S from Pentax's website: Downloads & Literature - PENTAX Imaging USA

Initially, it seems that you may have the leader out function set. The manual will discuss how to change that Pentax Function. You have the option of leaving a tail out of the film cassette or rewinding it completely into the cassette.

You may also be able to find a manual from KEH eBay if you prefer a printed and bound manual.
Thanks for the tip! I just changed the configuration and guess its gonna work!
04-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brofkand Quote

There's a leader out function? Oh man, that IS one fancy camera. I need to stop reading this forum until I have more space for gear.
04-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jesssss Quote
There's a leader out function? Oh man, that IS one fancy camera. I need to stop reading this forum until I have more space for gear.
There's a leader out function? Oh man, that IS one fancy camera. I need to stop reading this forum until I have more space money for gear.

04-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jesssss Quote
Yes there is and I love it. One of the reasons I didn't use my Nikon F100; it didn't have that option. It makes changing film mid-roll easier, and it also makes it much easier in my changing bag to load the film onto the reel. I don't need to peel open the cassette with my bare hands or use a can opener. I have a film leader retriever, but this option of the MZ-S makes it much easier.