Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #1

Pentax k1000 lenses on Pentax Km body?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could answer this question...

I just bought a Pentax K1000 film camera off of ebay and it came with these lenses: Large Gemini MC Auto Zoom/C-Macro lens (1:4.5 f=80-205mm), Gemini MC Auto 1:2:8 f=28mm lens, Gemini Auto Tele Converter 2x, SMC Pentax-A Macro lens (1:2.8 50mm), Large Makinon Auto MC 1:2.8 f=135mm lens, Asahi Optical SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm lens. I was wondering if any of these could be attached to a Pentax Km body (not the digital one, the 1975 film body)??? I realize the K1000 and KM are almost identical, but I like how it has the DOF preview and the self-timer. But I don't want to return the entire kit I just purchased and find a KM set. Could I use a K-mount (I'm not even 100% what that is)? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

04-01-2013, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any lens that worked on the K1000 will work on the K-m. Not sure if you're talking about the film or the digital K-m, but it doesn't matter, because the lenses will work with both.

More info on lenses:
Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Using legacy lenses on digital:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-01-2013, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by coolcoolriver Quote
SMC Pentax-A Macro lens (1:2.8 50mm)
Wow! Nice lens. Yes, if they mounted to a K1000 they should all mount to a KM.
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Could I use a K-mount (I'm not even 100% what that is)? Any help would be appreciated!
From Wikipedia...

QuoteQuote:
The Pentax K mount, sometimes referred to as the "PK mount", is a lens mount standard for mounting interchangeable photographic lenses to 35 mm single-lens reflex (SLR) cameras. It was created by Pentax in 1975,[1] and has been used by all Pentax 35 mm and digital SLRs since; it is also used by the Pentax K-01, a mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera introduced in 2012. A number of other manufacturers have also produced many K-mount lenses and K-mount cameras.
The K1000 was really just a KM with the bells and whistles removed...

04-01-2013, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could answer this question...

I just bought a Pentax K1000 film camera off of ebay and it came with these lenses: Large Gemini MC Auto Zoom/C-Macro lens (1:4.5 f=80-205mm), Gemini MC Auto 1:2:8 f=28mm lens, Gemini Auto Tele Converter 2x, SMC Pentax-A Macro lens (1:2.8 50mm), Large Makinon Auto MC 1:2.8 f=135mm lens, Asahi Optical SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm lens. I was wondering if any of these could be attached to a Pentax Km body (not the digital one, the 1975 film body)??? I realize the K1000 and KM are almost identical, but I like how it has the DOF preview and the self-timer. But I don't want to return the entire kit I just purchased and find a KM set. Could I use a K-mount (I'm not even 100% what that is)? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
You did not state the purchase price, but it sure sounds like a nice buy off ebay. Real nice set of lenses.
04-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you all very much! I really appreciate it.
04-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Any lens that worked on the K1000 will work on the K-m. Not sure if you're talking about the film or the digital K-m, but it doesn't matter, because the lenses will work with both.

More info on lenses:
Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Using legacy lenses on digital:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html
Great info, thanks so much.
04-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Good question, because I have heard of the K-mount for years and was never sure if the ME Super has one or not. Is this the same setup?

04-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Translucent Quote
Good question, because I have heard of the K-mount for years and was never sure if the ME Super has one or not. Is this the same setup?
Yes, all Pentax cameras made after 1975 have a K-mount...other than the 67, 645, and Auto 110s...

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The Pentax K mount, sometimes referred to as the "PK mount", is a lens mount standard for mounting interchangeable photographic lenses to 35 mm single-lens reflex (SLR) cameras. It was created by Pentax in 1975,[1] and has been used by all Pentax 35 mm and digital SLRs since; it is also used by the Pentax K-01, a mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera introduced in 2012. A number of other manufacturers have also produced many K-mount lenses and K-mount cameras.
04-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #10
Inactive Account

ah

Thanks, Boris, exactly what I wanted to know.