Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like the pictures you've documented for others to see. Keep us posted on your progress and I hope after repairs your camera serves you well for many years.

My K2 DMD has been a reliable B&W film workhorse for me for a very long time.

05-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K2DMD Quote
Hi, I just registered on the forum and here is my first topic.

I have a K2DMD with various errors and I’m looking for help from you experts out there.

My Pentax kit: K2 DMD body, SMC1:1.8/55, 1:2/50 and 1:4/200 lenses, Motordrive MD + Battery Pack M

1. The camera fires regardless if there are batteries in it or not (2x SR44 just for testing). After a few shots the shutter gets stuck with the mirror up. The mirror is not stuck up there by any old foam, it seems like the whole sequence is interrupted by something else. When I tap it gentle under the left bottom side (seen from behind) it sometimes releases the shutter and completes the cycle. I don’t do this anymore as there are delicate PCB’s in there.

2. The ASA setting Dial moves freely, but moves out of setting as I move the aperture ring on the lens. Very annoying! I think this is caused by friction between the aperture sector and the ASA sector sliding against eachother in the camera body. Shouldn’t there be some kind of detent arrangement holding the ASA ring by “clicks”? I disassembled the whole bayonet assembly, but saw nothing wrong in there. There is a bronze sector with notches on the ASA dial, but it has nothing to work against (spring & ball or something like that).

3. The blue needle in the viewfinder does not match the actual setting on the speed dial. Where and how can this be adjusted?

4. When I removed the bottom cover and the battery compartment, I found a loose pink wire. It’s just that I can’t find where to re-solder it. Does anyone know? Where can I find schematics for the K2DMD?

Regards,
Peter
Did you solve where to connect the pink cable? If not I can open up my K2 DMD during the weekend and take a picture and post for you to compare with.