Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Bcrary3's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
Pentax PZ-1P?

So, I've had these things for ages. Ever since my grandfather bought them whenever they were released. I'm curious to know just how good these cameras are (as I cannot afford film to test them out right now) and do they have any value or is there even any market for them at all? Thanks!

04-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
blackcloudbrew's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cotati, California USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,816
IMHO, they are really good cameras both for their time and still today. There is an issue with the popup flash staying closed sometimes but as they were in the early 1990's the flagship Pentax camera they are still today with value. I own several of these and I think the approximate value of a body in good shape in around $150+/-. There is a plastic grip for the body that, if you have it, is worth quite a bit too.
04-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Bcrary3's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
Original Poster
I have two of these camera bodies, neiter with the grip, however one of them has a promlem with the flash, as when you push the button it doesn't pop up on its own. Perhaps you might know of what I'd have to do to fix it, and or would that really effect value any?
04-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
blackcloudbrew's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cotati, California USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,816
That's the flash problem, either it doesn't pop up or it won't stay down. Eric Henderson Home can repair that if you like. I think if you sell it without being repaired just knock off some modest amount and disclose. The flash on one of my two bodies won't stay down anymore either. For that...some tape works wonders.

04-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Bcrary3's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
Original Poster
Alright. Thanks! Although I think if I am to get some money, I may have to part with only one! Haha. Would like $130 be a good asking price for one that is near mint (besides the flash problems)?
04-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,870
Check the completed eBay listings...

pentax pz-1p | eBay

I love the listing that says it's for a PZ-1P, but has 1 picture of a PZ-10 and 5 pictures of a Nikon N6006...
04-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
blackcloudbrew's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cotati, California USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,816
QuoteOriginally posted by Bcrary3 Quote
Alright. Thanks! Although I think if I am to get some money, I may have to part with only one! Haha. Would like $130 be a good asking price for one that is near mint (besides the flash problems)?
Yes, I should think so.
04-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 365
The pop-up not popping up is not too big of a deal. You can make a small wedge to insert into the flash to keep it up. I made one for my PZ-1p, and I cut a tiny wedge into the lip of the flash, so I could prop it up to insert the wedge to keep it up.

04-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member
titrisol's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the most populated state... state of denial
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,098
PZ1P was the flagship in the mid 90s
I wanted one, but the Nikon N6006 was cheaper
04-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Pentaxian
Wired's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,525
I have one in near mint condition. Love the hotshoe location... but I haven't really used it a whole lot. its interesting... but I prefer the MZ series for both handling and ergonomics. The neatest part about the PZ1P is if you got a PZ lens, the zoom tracking is a very interesting and fun feature.
04-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Bcrary3's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I have one in near mint condition. Love the hotshoe location... but I haven't really used it a whole lot. its interesting... but I prefer the MZ series for both handling and ergonomics. The neatest part about the PZ1P is if you got a PZ lens, the zoom tracking is a very interesting and fun feature.
I second that. The hot shoe location in fantastic, if only they did that with modern dSLRs.
04-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by Bcrary3 Quote
So, I've had these things for ages. Ever since my grandfather bought them whenever they were released. I'm curious to know just how good these cameras are (as I cannot afford film to test them out right now) and do they have any value or is there even any market for them at all? Thanks!
Fujifilm Pro 400H 135-36 Fujicolor Professional Color Negative (Print) Film (ISO 400) USA $7.59 with free shipping :
Fujifilm Pro 400H 135-36 Fujicolor Professional Color 15473707
04-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
Veteran Member
Bcrary3's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Fujifilm Pro 400H 135-36 Fujicolor Professional Color Negative (Print) Film (ISO 400) USA $7.59 with free shipping :
Fujifilm Pro 400H 135-36 Fujicolor Professional Color 15473707
The problem is I only use Kodak film haha, I just like the quality/colours.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a couple of pz-1/pz-1p questions zosxavius Pentax Film SLR Discussion 16 09-10-2012 09:44 AM
Pentax Z-1p/PZ-1p Ole Pentax Film SLR Discussion 6 12-02-2010 10:49 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax Z-1P (PZ-1P) SLR Curbster54 Sold Items 9 12-07-2009 05:24 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top