Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #1

Where to send your film - Long Island

Hello Everybody,

I've been getting into film in recent times, quite an interesting experience.

The "only" downside is that I haven't managed to get a decent scan from the stores I've tried (CVS, mostly).

What do you guys do with your film, in case you don't develop/scan it yourself?

I've heard that Costco does a decent job, although I haven't tried them.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Fernando

04-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Albums
What type of film exactly?

Have you ever considered B&W? Works great as a type of entry level point into developing ones own film, even without a darkroom - just a changing bag and a drum and some minor chemistry
04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi,

It's 35 mm film...

Haven't tried B&W...I'm currently on a work assignment (living in a hotel), for which it would not be very simple, but I'll consider it for the future.
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not local to NY, or to me, but I've had very good results from Dwayne's Photo in Kansas. Just sent off a few rolls today.

04-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Not local to NY, or to me, but I've had very good results from Dwayne's Photo in Kansas. Just sent off a few rolls today.
+1 on Dwayne's.

Here's a simliar thread...https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/206508-where-g...developed.html
04-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #6
Site Supporter

For 20 years (until Sandy) I lived in western Nassau on the South Shore.
Ten years ago there was a minilab every few blocks. Now they're all gone.
The few photo stores that hang on all send their film out for processing.

Chris
04-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Banned

My local Costco is the only place that does film in my area and I still have a bunch of film in my freezer.

04-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #8

I recently had two rolls of film developed at TheDarkroom in CA (they do mail orders) so I'll share my experience. The turn around time was fast. The developing was very good. There wasn't one scratch on the negatives, which I usually get with CVS. But, I think the scans I got were only so-so or even a little underwhelming. I rescanned some of the negatives with my flatbed, and my scans showed objects and details in the pictures that were in the negatives that were either washed out or completely black in the lab scans (they were B&W). I think there's definitely something off with their exposure settings.