Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 24X36NOW Quote
I think the LX was without a doubt Pentax's finest camera.

I agree. All the simplicity of the K1000, only better.

03-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 24X36NOW Quote
I think the LX was without a doubt Pentax's finest camera. It definitely matched up pretty well toe to toe with the Canon and Nikon pro level bodies of its time, which is a standard not met by anything that followed. I'm the proud owner of two, both purchased new.
When the LX was new, a photo mag ran an article on a professional who used two LX bodies to photograph rodeo - on horse back, in the ring! He had a zoom on each, and claimed that no other camera would handle the dust as well as the LX. I still drool over them - superb cameras.