Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Super A/ Super program Av question

Hi, Super A/ Super program owners

I just want to ask if Av mode works on those cameras. I know it's kinda stupid to ask cause there's some info on the camera database but I just wanted to make sure.
The reason being is because I want to acquire a super program/A. Right now I have the program plus + 40xs outfit, but as you all know I can't really control my aperture settings when I use those new DA lenses w/o the aperture ring. So pretty much I shoot it on auto. Some insights on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
A

05-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, the super a supports all 4 basic shooting modes, unlike the program plus. You need a lens with an aperture ring, however. If you want to be able to control the aperture using th camera body, you'll want a z-1/pz-1.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
Hi, Super A/ Super program owners

I just want to ask if Av mode works on those cameras. I know it's kinda stupid to ask cause there's some info on the camera database but I just wanted to make sure.
The reason being is because I want to acquire a super program/A. Right now I have the program plus + 40xs outfit, but as you all know I can't really control my aperture settings when I use those new DA lenses w/o the aperture ring. So pretty much I shoot it on auto. Some insights on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
A
If you want Av mode using the DA40 XS lens on a film body, you need one of the following.

PZ-1/Z-1
PZ-1p/Z-1p
Z-5
MZ-7
MZ-6/MZ-L/ZX-L
*ist

There may be one or 2 others but I thing that's all.
05-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian

This question gets asked every now and then. Here's the complete list: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/154087-apertur...ml#post1958392

05-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #5

The Super Program has an additional Tv mode over the Program Plus, which you can use to control the aperture. It's takes a little getting used to though. I would rather leave it to the auto P mode. By the way, my DAL 18-55 works like a charm on my Super Program.
05-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys (:! that's awesome! I mean I'm kinda sad that I can't really use Av mode without an aperture ring lens but at least I can still manipulate the aperture with Tv mode. If that's the case then I'm all good. My beloved konica s3 only has Tv mode so I think I'm good. And I like the styling and style of the old cameras compared to the "newer" ones so I think I'm still gonna go with the superP/A.

Cheers!