Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Trip to Hong Kong

In about two weeks I'm going to visit a good friend of mine in Hong Kong. Naturally a large bag of lenses and film will be coming along, but, as usual, I'm hoping it might come back with an extra piece or two of kit, or some new film.
Can anyone make a recommendation for a good store to buy used equipment in Hong Kong (Or Macau, we'll probably do a day trip or an overnight)?
What about some film stock that we don't get in North America? I've heard of the (allegedly ubiquitous) Lucky brand, are there others?

In return I'd be happy to bring back a few rolls for my forum mates, as well as showing a few of the better shots when I return!

Thanks

06-08-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Hi Patrick,
I asked a similar question last year prior to my trip to Hong Kong and Singapore - see the post:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/198156-used-le...singapore.html
As you can see in the post Pentax lenses are not well supported, especially used items.
Hope you have better luck than I did.
Cheers, Vlad
06-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I'm available and an experienced bag carrier, patient and understanding to photographers needs, am I hired?
06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yea, it looks like it may not be the sort of shopping I'd hoped for. Still, certainly worth a look, as I have both a desire to own an 85mm M42 lens and a recently-acquired F2 that could do with some more glass, or an adaptall mount. (If the 35-80 works well on my Pentax it should grace the F2 equally well)

Thanks