Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #1

Craigslist ME Super

Just picked up a nice user ME Super on Craigslist for $50 with a M50 1.7, an A28 2.8, a quantaray 85-210 zoom, an AF200s flash and a couple vivitar flashes. Meter and shutter seem accurate. Need to run a roll through it and see how it turns out. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370810596.428824.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  90.1 KB

06-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Bennett Quote
Just picked up a nice user ME Super on Craigslist for $50 with a M50 1.7, an A28 2.8, a quantaray 85-210 zoom, an AF200s flash and a couple vivitar flashes. Meter and shutter seem accurate. Need to run a roll through it and see how it turns out. Attachment 175592
Well done. The two Pentax lenses are worth the money alone and if the ME Super is also good than you are laughing. Think about new batteries and a seal kit.
06-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
The seller picked up new batteries before I got there so I could test the meter and I just e mailed Jon Goodman to send me a seal kit. Should be light tight by the end of the week.
06-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #4

Original Poster
I think that vivitar zoom is trash though. Has a pretty good scratch on the front element about 1/4" long. I can't see that not affecting the pictures. I don't know since I've never had a scratched lens. Doesn't appear to to be worth anything anyway. The pentax primes are in great shape. Missing one back cap and both front caps but the bodies and the glass are pristine.

06-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am checking eBay prices all the time.

In my country, averagely auctions for items in "fair" condition are won with

$40-$60 M 1.7/50
$65-$85 A 2.8/28
$30-$50 ME Super

This would add to $135-$195, the Vivitar not counted.
So, in Europe you would have made a fantastic deal.

And I used prices as in Germany and UK; in Italy, Spain, Poland prices would be much higher.

I am not so knowing about US prices, as transport cost and possible customs problems would destroy any good offer from the US. That's the same as with the PF market place, which is in most cases quite useless for European residents. That is, if the seller is not also located in the EU, and preferably not in Austria, Belgium, or Italy. From these countries, transport to Germany, UK, France is nearly as costly as from the US or Australia. We've been waiting since years for some EU regulation to stop this kind of robbery.
06-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that vivitar zoom is trash though. Has a pretty good scratch on the front element about 1/4" long. I can't see that not affecting the pictures. I don't know since I've never had a scratched lens. Doesn't appear to to be worth anything anyway.
I wouldn't bet on it.Because of the scratch anyway I have one lens I bought with a scratch on the front element . The scratch is off center and about 1/4 inch long. It has become one of my favorite fun lenses in that range and the scratch has never been a problem or shone up in a photo. I am however careful to not shoot into a bright light source. I have heard that if I need to a black marker in the scratch will take care of the light flare. I have never tried that tho. Here is a sample I took a couple of days ago hand held. I would try the lens out
Attached Images

06-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Good deal that.
I'd have paid that for the ME Super and 50/1.7.

06-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
Pentaxian

nie catch! the 28/2.8 is worth a lot more than that!
06-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I think that vivitar zoom is trash though. Has a pretty good scratch on the front element about 1/4" long. I can't see that not affecting the pictures. I don't know since I've never had a scratched lens. Doesn't appear to to be worth anything anyway. The pentax primes are in great shape. Missing one back cap and both front caps but the bodies and the glass are pristine.
Try it, you'll be surprised. I'd put money on it.