Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2013, 11:07 PM - 9 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ME Super wedding stuff and what not.

A few from the last two weeks. My LX is getting fixed so the ME Super has been getting some use.
I use a Mamiya C330F a lot but these were taken with the ME Super.
I have a A 50 1.2 I use with my LX and SA-23 focusing screen but don't quite trust myself with it with the ME Super so I have been using the M 50 1.7
All shot with Portra 400 and developed and scanned by me.

M 50 1.7

M 50 1.7

M 35 F2

M 150 3.5

M 50 1.7

M 24 2.8

M 50 1.7

M 35 F2

Arsat 85 2.8 T/S

M 85 F2

M 85 F2

M 85 F2

M 50 1.7

M 50 1.7

M 50 1.7

06-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

amazing work. Your clients must be really happy with this treasures. I really like the results of the M35/2.
06-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Wow, nice shots! I wish I was anywhere CLOSE to that with film
06-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

These are really fantastic. I love the colours and the composition in all of them, very well done.

I don't think there's an "M" series 24/2.8 though - K or A?

06-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #5

Wonderful pictures!

You canīt have that look with modern digital cameras.

Do you shoot portra 400 at box speed?
06-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

You're work is really inspiring ! The composition is really well choosen, and you are a real master in the art of short-but-not-too-short depth of field.

I add one question, to the one of Quicksilver, when you scan your neg, do you apply some change in the color chanel, or something like that ?
06-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #7

these look really exceptionally great!
got to increase the pressure. are these shot box speed? did you add any significant digital post processing after scans?
once again, i really like these. the composition is great and they all deliver a special kind of mood.

06-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
These are really fantastic. I love the colours and the composition in all of them, very well done.

I don't think there's an "M" series 24/2.8 though - K or A?
Your right, it's the K

QuoteOriginally posted by _quicksilver_ Quote
Wonderful pictures!

You canīt have that look with modern digital cameras.

Do you shoot portra 400 at box speed?
QuoteOriginally posted by Arvid Quote
these look really exceptionally great!
got to increase the pressure. are these shot box speed? did you add any significant digital post processing after scans?
once again, i really like these. the composition is great and they all deliver a special kind of mood.
These are shot at 250 with Portra 400. I Meter off the part of my hand that is shaded or the subjects face if we are in the shade. I am still figuring out how to shoot Portra 400 in bright sun but most these shots were in the shade.
I may have added some Contrast to a few of the pics in lightroom but many of them have no Post at all.
On the scanner I really only mess with the magenta and sometimes the highlight correction. For example the shot super vibrant shot of the flowers is straight off the scanner. Portra 400 is just an amazing film.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
You're work is really inspiring ! The composition is really well choosen, and you are a real master in the art of short-but-not-too-short depth of field.

I add one question, to the one of Quicksilver, when you scan your neg, do you apply some change in the color chanel, or something like that ?
I will adjust the magenta level with the scanner. So if the image is a little green I add magenta.

QuoteOriginally posted by Codazzle Quote
Wow, nice shots! I wish I was anywhere CLOSE to that with film
Some people get it right away but it's taken me a full year to finally get the colors I want.

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
amazing work. Your clients must be really happy with this treasures. I really like the results of the M35/2.
The M35/2 Is one of the sharpest lenses wide open that I have used, I love that lens!!! I need to use it more.

Last year a Lab went out of business near me and I bought all their equipment for dirt cheep, I actually sold some of it and made money but I ended up with a Noritsu HS-1800 scanner and a Noritsu V-50 processor, though the Chemicals can be a bit pricey. I have been super blessed to be able to scan and process all my stuff.
Thanks again everyone for the comments! The Pentax Forum has been a huge help in getting me to the place where I can shoot full time. So much good info here and so many helpful people.
I shoot weddings with my wife, our work can be seen here
www.captivatedstudio.com
We shoot a mix of digital and film.
For film, my wife shoots a Contax 645 and I shoot a Pentax LX, ME Super, and Mamiya c330f. All the square pics you see on the site are from the Mamiya c330f.
Thanks again for the comments everyone.
06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by montman Quote
These are shot at 250 with Portra 400. I Meter off the part of my hand that is shaded or the subjects face if we are in the shade. I am still figuring out how to shoot Portra 400 in bright sun but most these shots were in the shade.
I may have added some Contrast to a few of the pics in lightroom but many of them have no Post at all.
On the scanner I really only mess with the magenta and sometimes the highlight correction. For example the shot super vibrant shot of the flowers is straight off the scanner. Portra 400 is just an amazing film.
thanks for the information
I was also very impressed with Portra (the new 160), even in hard condition and tough push processing.

Some people get it right away but it's taken me a full year to finally get the colors I want.
So far, it's the hardest part to master for me But when i see your results, it remind me it's feasible, and results can exceed my expectation by miles

Last year a Lab went out of business near me and I bought all their equipment for dirt cheep, I actually sold some of it and made money but I ended up with a Noritsu HS-1800 scanner and a Noritsu V-50 processor, though the Chemicals can be a bit pricey. I have been super blessed to be able to scan and process all my stuff.
Oh ! So cool for you ! that's awesome that you get all that for ... well, i was about to say "cheap" but those ain't ever cheap, so, it's awesome that you get all that for less than they cost

Thanks again everyone for the comments! The Pentax Forum has been a huge help in getting me to the place where I can shoot full time. So much good info here and so many helpful people.
I shoot weddings with my wife, our work can be seen here
www.captivatedstudio.com
We shoot a mix of digital and film.
For film, my wife shoots a Contax 645 and I shoot a Pentax LX, ME Super, and Mamiya c330f. All the square pics you see on the site are from the Mamiya c330f.
Thanks again for the comments everyone.
You welcome ! your production is really inspiring, the results are what i hope to achieve one day
So keep doing it you both are really good at it !!
06-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots and great job ... super, J
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some of the pictures are just stunning!
gotta love those SMC lenses
06-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Great work, Mont!
And its more than just the gear.
06-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Brilliant work!!!!
06-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice to see film work like that!
From an ME Super no less (my sentimental favorite!)!
06-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Wow! These images are amazing! I have to be honest... it has me thinking of grabbing an ME Super now :P