Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2013, 11:07 PM - 9 Likes   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 572
ME Super wedding stuff and what not.

A few from the last two weeks. My LX is getting fixed so the ME Super has been getting some use.
I use a Mamiya C330F a lot but these were taken with the ME Super.
I have a A 50 1.2 I use with my LX and SA-23 focusing screen but don't quite trust myself with it with the ME Super so I have been using the M 50 1.7
All shot with Portra 400 and developed and scanned by me.

M 50 1.7


M 50 1.7


M 35 F2


M 150 3.5


M 50 1.7


M 24 2.8


M 50 1.7


M 35 F2


Arsat 85 2.8 T/S


M 85 F2


M 85 F2


M 85 F2


M 50 1.7


M 50 1.7


M 50 1.7


06-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian
carrrlangas's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Joensuu (Finland)
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,752
amazing work. Your clients must be really happy with this treasures. I really like the results of the M35/2.
06-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary
Photos: Albums
Posts: 122
Wow, nice shots! I wish I was anywhere CLOSE to that with film
06-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,358
These are really fantastic. I love the colours and the composition in all of them, very well done.

I don't think there's an "M" series 24/2.8 though - K or A?

06-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 209
Wonderful pictures!

You canīt have that look with modern digital cameras.

Do you shoot portra 400 at box speed?
06-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #6
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
You're work is really inspiring ! The composition is really well choosen, and you are a real master in the art of short-but-not-too-short depth of field.

I add one question, to the one of Quicksilver, when you scan your neg, do you apply some change in the color chanel, or something like that ?
06-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 161
these look really exceptionally great!
got to increase the pressure. are these shot box speed? did you add any significant digital post processing after scans?
once again, i really like these. the composition is great and they all deliver a special kind of mood.
06-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 572
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
These are really fantastic. I love the colours and the composition in all of them, very well done.

I don't think there's an "M" series 24/2.8 though - K or A?
Your right, it's the K

QuoteOriginally posted by _quicksilver_ Quote
Wonderful pictures!

You canīt have that look with modern digital cameras.

Do you shoot portra 400 at box speed?
QuoteOriginally posted by Arvid Quote
these look really exceptionally great!
got to increase the pressure. are these shot box speed? did you add any significant digital post processing after scans?
once again, i really like these. the composition is great and they all deliver a special kind of mood.
These are shot at 250 with Portra 400. I Meter off the part of my hand that is shaded or the subjects face if we are in the shade. I am still figuring out how to shoot Portra 400 in bright sun but most these shots were in the shade.
I may have added some Contrast to a few of the pics in lightroom but many of them have no Post at all.
On the scanner I really only mess with the magenta and sometimes the highlight correction. For example the shot super vibrant shot of the flowers is straight off the scanner. Portra 400 is just an amazing film.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
You're work is really inspiring ! The composition is really well choosen, and you are a real master in the art of short-but-not-too-short depth of field.

I add one question, to the one of Quicksilver, when you scan your neg, do you apply some change in the color chanel, or something like that ?
I will adjust the magenta level with the scanner. So if the image is a little green I add magenta.

QuoteOriginally posted by Codazzle Quote
Wow, nice shots! I wish I was anywhere CLOSE to that with film
Some people get it right away but it's taken me a full year to finally get the colors I want.

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
amazing work. Your clients must be really happy with this treasures. I really like the results of the M35/2.
The M35/2 Is one of the sharpest lenses wide open that I have used, I love that lens!!! I need to use it more.

Last year a Lab went out of business near me and I bought all their equipment for dirt cheep, I actually sold some of it and made money but I ended up with a Noritsu HS-1800 scanner and a Noritsu V-50 processor, though the Chemicals can be a bit pricey. I have been super blessed to be able to scan and process all my stuff.
Thanks again everyone for the comments! The Pentax Forum has been a huge help in getting me to the place where I can shoot full time. So much good info here and so many helpful people.
I shoot weddings with my wife, our work can be seen here
www.captivatedstudio.com
We shoot a mix of digital and film.
For film, my wife shoots a Contax 645 and I shoot a Pentax LX, ME Super, and Mamiya c330f. All the square pics you see on the site are from the Mamiya c330f.
Thanks again for the comments everyone.

06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by montman Quote
These are shot at 250 with Portra 400. I Meter off the part of my hand that is shaded or the subjects face if we are in the shade. I am still figuring out how to shoot Portra 400 in bright sun but most these shots were in the shade.
I may have added some Contrast to a few of the pics in lightroom but many of them have no Post at all.
On the scanner I really only mess with the magenta and sometimes the highlight correction. For example the shot super vibrant shot of the flowers is straight off the scanner. Portra 400 is just an amazing film.
thanks for the information
I was also very impressed with Portra (the new 160), even in hard condition and tough push processing.

QuoteOriginally posted by montman Quote
Some people get it right away but it's taken me a full year to finally get the colors I want.
So far, it's the hardest part to master for me But when i see your results, it remind me it's feasible, and results can exceed my expectation by miles

QuoteOriginally posted by montman Quote
Last year a Lab went out of business near me and I bought all their equipment for dirt cheep, I actually sold some of it and made money but I ended up with a Noritsu HS-1800 scanner and a Noritsu V-50 processor, though the Chemicals can be a bit pricey. I have been super blessed to be able to scan and process all my stuff.
Oh ! So cool for you ! that's awesome that you get all that for ... well, i was about to say "cheap" but those ain't ever cheap, so, it's awesome that you get all that for less than they cost

QuoteOriginally posted by montman Quote
Thanks again everyone for the comments! The Pentax Forum has been a huge help in getting me to the place where I can shoot full time. So much good info here and so many helpful people.
I shoot weddings with my wife, our work can be seen here
www.captivatedstudio.com
We shoot a mix of digital and film.
For film, my wife shoots a Contax 645 and I shoot a Pentax LX, ME Super, and Mamiya c330f. All the square pics you see on the site are from the Mamiya c330f.
Thanks again for the comments everyone.
You welcome ! your production is really inspiring, the results are what i hope to achieve one day
So keep doing it you both are really good at it !!
06-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,551
Great shots and great job ... super, J
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member
titrisol's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the most populated state... state of denial
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,098
Some of the pictures are just stunning!
gotta love those SMC lenses
06-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,182
Great work, Mont!
And its more than just the gear.
06-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,450
Brilliant work!!!!
06-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
Very nice to see film work like that!
From an ME Super no less (my sentimental favorite!)!
06-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
Veteran Member
dugrant153's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,059
Wow! These images are amazing! I have to be honest... it has me thinking of grabbing an ME Super now :P
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
f2, lx
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ME Super Shutter not working Pentax Jon Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 02-06-2013 10:41 AM
ME, ME Super and SE plus the rest!!! Dubnut71 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 11 06-24-2011 10:33 PM
What is it worth? ME Super and Lens Ninerref Pentax Film SLR Discussion 7 09-15-2009 05:02 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top