Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

If film is stored cool, it's fine. But we don't always know if it has been stored cool in the shop? The stuff I get from Boots is no more than a few months out of date, and it doesn't suddenly go bad at the expiry date. I've had no issues at all with film that is moderately out of date that I don't know the storage history of.
Film that I buy goes in my fridge, I keep a fridge for film, beer and wine and I don't bother about dates at all, there's film in there that must be 4 or 5 years out of date now. I don't even look, I just throw it in a camera and use it.
Up until recently I got all my film processed at Tescos for 99 pence a roll and scanned it myself, but the lady who operated the machine has left and the new girl is useless, so I'm looking for a new processor. I've used Peak Processing for 120 film so they'll probably get the job.

06-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #17

Original Poster
Ah brilliant, I'll be popping into boots next week then for sure, my freezer is becoming full of stuff from other hobbies to, frozen mice for my snakes (in sealed containers of course) and hops for my brewing, I'll need to invest in a designated hobby freezer soon lol.
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #18
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Peak is brilliant, but it looks like their prices have gone up since the last time I have used them. I can recommend this site as well: Film processing and photo printing - helpful staff and quality results at The Darkroom UK Ltd, Cheltenham. Online and postal services make ordering a snap. Processing is good and turn around is fast.
For my next films to process, I am going to try this site: Film developing, processing, printing, film scanning, digital photo printing I have seen good feedback about it except that they seem to be slow.
My local Boots does a crappy job, unfortunately.

Unfortunately you missed the Photographica fair which was last month: PCCGB Home Page **
I still find some interesting deals there and Silverprint - Home - News - Photographic Materials and more - usually has deals on some film. One year I bought some Agfa 100 B&W for £1 a roll.
06-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have mixed experience with ColorPlus, not as good as Gold. This one is with ColorPlus 100

06-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
Peak is brilliant, but it looks like their prices have gone up since the last time I have used them. I can recommend this site as well: Film processing and photo printing - helpful staff and quality results at The Darkroom UK Ltd, Cheltenham. Online and postal services make ordering a snap. Processing is good and turn around is fast.
For my next films to process, I am going to try this site: Film developing, processing, printing, film scanning, digital photo printing I have seen good feedback about it except that they seem to be slow.
My local Boots does a crappy job, unfortunately.

Unfortunately you missed the Photographica fair which was last month: PCCGB Home Page **
I still find some interesting deals there and Silverprint - Home - News - Photographic Materials and more - usually has deals on some film. One year I bought some Agfa 100 B&W for £1 a roll.
I'll have a look at some of them when I'm ready yi decide cheers for that!
06-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
I have mixed experience with ColorPlus, not as good as Gold. This one is with ColorPlus 100
That pictures wicked !!!!