Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Going to pickup a new lens

I have a good camera store here in Minneapolis that buys and sells used gear. I bought a Spotmatic F and Super Takumar 50 f2 lens. I am told that I need a SMC Super Takumar with the aperture linkage in order to use open aperture metering. The same store has a 50 f1.8 SMC Super Takumar for sale. I am going to take a look Monday or Tuesday. They want $60 for it. A little high but it is what I am looking for.

06-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am not sure about how the aperture linkage works on M42, but for about $60 you can grab a SMC 50 1.4 off ebay and those are amazing.
06-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Will they take the Super Tak 55/2 as a trade in?

For open aperture metering with the Spot F you can use Super-Multi-Coated or SMC lenses.

When you are looking at the lens, the A/M switch may be locked into the A position. This is a because you can damage a Spotmatic F or an ES if you mount a S-M-C or SMC lens when it is set to M.

Last edited by boriscleto; 06-15-2013 at 12:38 PM.