Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
New P30T

I put a bid on a like new P30T and won it. I am pleasantly suprised by the camera.
I may give up my ME Super. I like the all manual camera. I have had a Chinon CE which I really liked and a PZ20 and a MZ-5n. I think this is the best all manual camera I have had. Love the manual release cord attachment, the DOF preview and the AE lock. Very light camera.

02-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah the P30t is a really underrated camera.

I always wanted one when they were current in the Pentax catalog and never got around to getting for soem reason. I was more wowed with the extra features I got with a Ricoh KR-10M at the time.

When I got back into photography early last year I plummed for the original P30 and was also really eneamoured with this body. It's been my go-to 35mm body ever since. I like the little P30s so much that i've just recently acquired a P30t with the added shutter-release and A setting.

Another great thing is that they P30 was manufactured in such numbers and that because it never really got the acclaim that it deserved it's now available on the s/h market for next to nothing.
02-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
Forum Member

i agree, i love my p3n... i tried to get a p30t but i couldn't find one in the timeframe i had to buy a camera... the only difference is that the p3 was the US version, the p30 was the european version and the t was the one with the titanium body...
02-16-2007, 12:02 AM   #4

Hi, I don't think that P30t body is made from titanium. It's plastic and lot of plastic. Thicker body also interferes with handling.

The DOF is pleasant to use but that's all. I long for the ISO override and more effective memory lock.

Don't give up your ME super. That's a fine camera. Large and bright viewfinder. Ability to accommodate more accessories.

Those who love P series body I think P3 is more than enough to look for. Those who want manual override, try to find a good P50.

02-16-2007, 02:20 AM   #5
Forum Member

oops, made a mistake... rather than being titanium, it is titanium colored... or something like that... here:
P3n/ P30n,P30t
08-27-2007, 03:09 AM   #6

I have been an owner of Pentax P30T, but I sold it because I didn't have the money for Pentax Z1.
I loved PentaxP30T model. If I had had the money, I wouldn't have sold it.
08-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine died.......

I guess I shouldn't have taken it out in the rain to photograph the recent floods here in the UK. I'm not too bothered as I have other camera bodies but I wish I'd been a bit more careful with it.
08-29-2007, 03:14 AM   #8
Inactive Account

For what you pay for it second-hand (compared to the price of a K1000, an MX, an ME Super, etc etc) it's really quite good. Originally I had a P30, and then got a P30T to have the option of cable release. I also preferred the P30T's diagonal (as opposed to horizontal) split-circle on the focusing screen.

It is plastic - I would prefer the P30N which apparently has a metal back - but to me it feels reasonably solid compared to many lighter and newer plastic SLRs. The rubbery grip on the front is not exactly elegant but it's practical. Personally I find the lighter bodies don't inspire too much confidence, while the classic metal ones do but then I want to look after them and keep them free of scratches anway so the P30T is a nice compromise, especially since even if it does break it's no great loss and you can pick up another one for 10.

I agree that I would keep the ME Super as well though. Unless you want to donate it to me

08-29-2007, 03:26 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZaphodB Quote
It is plastic - I would prefer the P30N which apparently has a metal back ...

I think my P30N has a plastic back....I have to check it at home.
09-09-2007, 03:10 AM   #10

i picked up a p30t with a sigma mini wide 11 28mm multi coat macro lens for $40 au from the secon hand shop down the road but it needs a dust ive had it check out and taken a few rolls with it and seams to be good.

They recon they cant sell the old 35 mm,s they also have a mz 60 z i think thats was it with a nice large zoom lense my wife said no at the time but i might head down there on pay day to pick it up to add the my colection of pentax, zenit colection im trying to learn how to used to hard way, but i think im slowly getting it.