Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How to store film cameras

I recently bought a few nice film SLR & RF, however I am using only one, and I like to store the rest. I was thinking of using shrink wrap after removing batteries, but really need some opinions.

Thanks

07-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is it safe to assume that Bangalore is pretty humid most of the year? Camera bodies have many of the same storage requirements as lenses in that fungus is not your friend. It can and will grow on the viewfinder and mirror surfaces as well as on cloth shutter curtains and leather/leatherette coverings. If your cameras have cases, don't store the camera in its case. If storage is short term, any batteries can remain in the camera (make sure meter is off), otherwise remove the batteries. If you have a cabinet with desiccant packs for your lenses, put your camera bodies there as well. Zip lock plastic bags with desiccant packs are another option, but make sure that the desiccant is fresh.

Steve
07-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Steve, Bangalore is not humid, so in general it's ok. I have a dry cabinet for all my lenses and frequently used equipments but it can't accommodate these SLR so was thinking about some long term storage.
07-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Steve, Bangalore is not humid, so in general it's ok. I have a dry cabinet for all my lenses and frequently used equipments but it can't accommodate these SLR so was thinking about some long term storage.
Double bag in ziploc with desiccant packs expelling most of the air before sealing.

Steve