Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax P3 problems

Hi, I have this P3 with me. I bought it in a camera repair shop. The problem with it is that the whole meter would blink every time. Usually, the correct shutter speed should blink, but with mine, it's the whole thing. It blinks every half second. Lastly, the self-timer cancels itself. The lamp would blink 7 times and then it would stop. If I start it again, it will blink 3 times and stop. If I will try it for the last time, it will blink once.

My question:

Is this a sign of a weak battery? In the manual a weak battery would only show up on the LEDs in the meter.

The P3 is a first generation, without the slot for the cable.

07-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's hard to say, but try with a fresh battery and use the siver oxide type (S76), not alkaline (A76), they wear out faster.
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
It's hard to say, but try with a fresh battery and use the siver oxide type (S76), not alkaline (A76), they wear out faster.
I don't know where to find them. Plus they're expensive. Let me try asking in my local photo store. If none, then I should just go for the alkaline.
07-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #4

I agree with the suggestion to use S76 batteries instead of A76's, the voltage is more stable for a longer period. Also clean the battery and battery terminals in the battery chamber with a pencil eraser and/or a little electrical contact cleaner before you install the new batteries. I usually clean the lens electrical contacts and lens mount the same way as well.

Last edited by Hoodie; 07-07-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: wrong thread