Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Me Super - Film Loading Advice/Question

I have an Pentax Me Super, however, after taking a few pics 2-4, the film slips and no longer advances.
This is on the wheel with the white plastic film catch / wraps around.

Has anyone that used the Pentax Me Super come across this or is there a trick / quark about loading the super me?

I don't have trouble loading my Spotmatic F.

07-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Welcome to the Pentax Forums. Normally the ME Super is one of the easiest cameras on the globe to load. Simply insert the film leader between the "magic fingers" on the take-up spool, wind on one or two strokes, confirm that the film sprocket holes (top and bottom) are engaged, and close the back. Wind a couple more to bring the counter to "1" while confirming that the rewind crank turns with each wind.

If you haven't already done so, the camera manual is available for free download at the Butkus site (donation appreciated):

Pentax ME Super instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

Steve
07-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Once the leader was inserted, I would advance one time and then re-wind to make sure tension was achieved enabling me to get an extra three or four frames. Practice the basics first.
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #4

Original Poster
Did read over manual, and will give that a try.
Very good suggestions, thank you

07-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You might also want to confirm that your ME Super still has its film pressure plate on the inside of the film door. If that is missing, the sprockets will not stay engaged.

Steve